[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/braces/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

File: Damon-braces.jpg (2MB, 2058x1465px) Image search: [Google]
Damon-braces.jpg
2MB, 2058x1465px
What is your experience with braces? Share stories.
I'm going to wear braces in a few weeks, tell me what to expect.
>>
File: braceface.webm (2MB, 636x720px) Image search: [Google]
braceface.webm
2MB, 636x720px
they look outrageously cute on girls.

in other words, they will feminize you. get ready to be hit on by guys.
>>
c-can braces fix overbite?
pls respond
>>
>>38386675
nah mate you'll need this bigass retainer type shit braces are only intended to fix your teeths angle of attack
>>
>>38386616
They fucking hurt at first.
But that's about it. It slowly because a part of you. you forget you ever had them.
>>
mine hardly hurt at all, maybe for half a day when I got them tightened.

The only real annoying thing is food getting stuck in them, and you can't floss.
>>
File: 1499033226805.jpg (45KB, 397x341px) Image search: [Google]
1499033226805.jpg
45KB, 397x341px
>had braces for 3 years
>orthodontist gave me a plastic retainer to wear after I got them removed
>never wore the retainer because I'm a fucking idiot
>have an ugly smile again
>>
they're alright, I'm getting them taken off in 6 weeks which is cool after having them since February 2016. they only hurt first time you get them and sometimes after you get them tightened. otherwise I forgot that I even had them. they tell you not to eat certain foods with braces on but I did it anyway and nothing happened.
>>
i just got mine even though im 19,they fucking ITCH man what the FUCK i want to EAT
>>
>>38386616
I am wearing braces now, and have been for a few months.

They hurt at first, but you will get used to them. My teeth already look 100 times better, its amazing how your teeth influence your looks.

They are not cheap, especially if you are over 18, and/or live in the usa.
>>
I was supposed to get them at like 13 but my retarded dentist never sent me for them, I switched dentists at 16 then got sent for them, they never actually went on until I was 17. I first got them on at fucking seventeen, it was hell, and here I am, nineteen fucking years old and I've still got them on, they're coming off on Tuesday though, feels good man
>>
>>38386638
is that thing a goblin?
>>
>>38386675
Pretty sure it's possible, but, it would take losing teeth from the upper jaw and the cancer that is rubber bands.
>>
had braces from 13-15 was horrible and my teeth still look shit now im 20 kek
>>
>>38386675
to fix overbite you need braces for a couple of years then jaw surgery afterwards
>>
Be prepared to eat mainly soft things. I broke parts of my braces multiple times when eating apples / porkchops or even a bit overburned pizza.

Pain is a subjective thing, I had to use painkillers after every adjustment visit (without them I wouldn't even drink anything) but I know people who felt no pain at all.

Clearing teeth takes a lot longer and requires a lot more effort.

Be sure to check your teeth after every meal, parts of them get stuck between braces and teeth. It doesn't look nice and your breath will smell awfully.

At the beginning, they will feel strange, closing mouth completely will be a bit problematic (at least it was for me) but you'll get used to it.

I started wearing them when I was 15-16, still got upper part (3 months before 18th birthday atm).
Also, if you get a one that you can take off, then treat it seriously. It's not a meme, it works and screwing it will make you waste money :^)
I had a full time ones, "glued" to my teeth.

Also they don't screw examinations in hospital, I had a full body scan after motorcycle accident and they didn't matter at all.
>>
>>38386979
Underage b& get the fuck out before you become corrupted, wholesome child
>>
File: deez nuts.jpg (3KB, 186x191px) Image search: [Google]
deez nuts.jpg
3KB, 186x191px
>>38386616
>had fucked up teeth as a kid
>wore braces for two years
>completely fixed my teeth
>wore retainers almost every night for a year
>after being in hospital for a while and forgetting to wear my retainers for a few weeks, they didn't fit anymore when I tried wearing them again
>few years later, teeth are now fucked up again
>over 18 now so can't get them on the NHS
>don't have the money to get braces
>will be "that grown man with braces" if I got them now
>forever doomed to look like pic related (except not a nigger)
fml
>>
>>38386616
having them was fine. be prepared to be an irritable little bitch for the first couple days though (would honestly recommended a little ketamine or at least a drink to take the edge off)

I'm convinced the retainer made my mouth all puffed out though
>>
>>38387513
**and please don't slack off with the retainer, even after years. time isn't a factor. I slipped up a bit and I'm convinced it screwed them up a little
>>
Pretty much can eat anything you want until you get/have to get power chains. Those damn things break so easily
>>
I was on braces for 4 years for my buck teeth that jutted more than 1cm out of alignment.

The pain is subjective to how fucked your teeth are. Everytime my braces were tightened i couldnt eat for a day. No chewing basically. Mashed potatoes were fine. Scrambled eggs were fine if i swallowed them as they were. Bread was not.

Towards the end i had double rubber bands and that shit hurt so much i just secretly went single banded. My dentist always called me out on it when i saw her but i'd lie.

My mom once dunked my retainers into mouthwash without telling me. I had no idea and forgot my retainer for a month. It melted into gloop.
>>
>>38386616
And you get bruises and cuts in the inner skin lf your mouth and gums from the retainers often
>>
>>38386616
Pain for 4-5 Days and no Salad or anything "complex" eating around other People. And for the love of god, DON'T AND I MEAN DONT FORGET TO CLEAN YOUR THEETH with floss or mini-toothbrush. Oh and also don't let any form of cloth into your mouth and if any wire sticks out, you can repair that yourself.
>>
>>38386616
How do I get rid of food stuck in my braces? After eating bread or pasta, my braces are filled with really small pieces of it. Brushing doesn't help. I usually use a toothpick, but I always make my gums bleed accidentally like that.

Please, help
>>
>>38388265
I think you're supposed to floss.
>>
>>38386616
I'm currently wearing them right now, for almost 2 years.

They suck at first, because pain and you're unfamilliar with them. Food gets stuck in them all the time, and if you don't brush your teeth after every meal or before you sleep your breath smells really terrible, worse then death.
>>
>>38386616
got them on when I was 20 or so, had to wear them for 4 years, due to me getting chad surgery.
>>
>>38388285
I've never used floss in my life, it's not very common where I live. Thanks, I'll try it.
>>
>>38388298
>Chad surgery

Can you tell me about this? Was it jaw surgery? Any after effects or nerve damage? Do you look better? How much did it cost and how long was recovery?
>>
>>38386616
If I pull them off will you die?
>>
>>38386616
didnt wear my retainer/10
>>
>>38388327
>Can you tell me about this?
was born with a condition called hemifacial microsomia not as extreme as most cases
>Any after effects or nerve damage?
my chin and gums are like 30% less sensitive
>Do you look better?
I look way better
>cost
insurance covered it
>Recovery
3 weeks wired shut, then 2 more months to fully recover
>>
File: 1499776933288.png (74KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1499776933288.png
74KB, 225x225px
>TFW I've always had perfect teeth
>TFW never had to wear braces
>>
>>38388361
How long do you have to wear them though?
>>
Everytime I see a girl with braces I want to fuck her face.
>>
>The first few days will be hell.
>You will have to avoid eating several kinds of food during the entirety of the time you wear them (I wore them for a year and 9 months).
>A lot of stuff will get stuck in them, so you'll have to brush your teeth much more often and much more thoroughly than before.
>Avoid gum and nuts like the plague.
>You may break one of the wires (depending on what type of braces you're wearing), and fixing it will probably cost you.
>In most cases, you can choose what color you want the wires to be, so try to think about in advance what color would look good on you.

In the end, it is really worth it, though; my teeth looked wonderful when I finally took them off.
Short term pain for long term gain.
I wish you the best of luck; you will need it.
>>
>>38386675
I had an overbite of about 6 mm, enough to fully hide my lower teeth behind my upper ones.
Had to use a special retainer which was attached to my upper teeth in order to move the lower ones for about 4 months. That was fucking HELL. couldn't speak properly to save my life, couldn't eat hard food, my mouth smelled like shit from all the residue behind the retainer which I couldn't feasibly pull out and gods it did fucking hurt.
After that, my overbite was almost completely fixed. My bite is still not fully right, but now I can smile at normies and they tell me I have beautiful teeth and smile and that's all I care about. My teeth were so awfully crooked I never learned to smile until I hit 18 believe it or not, and my dental plan took 1 year and 6 months which is waaaay less than average, but that's because my doctor made sure to tighten the everloving shit out of my braces since most dental clinics won't tighten it as much in order to extend your plan and get more money.
>>
File: 2341234012.jpg (71KB, 304x230px) Image search: [Google]
2341234012.jpg
71KB, 304x230px
>>38386616

I had them as a teenager. You know that feeling you got when your baby teeth were loose? Expect to have that feeling 24/7 when you get them adjusted. The pain may vary. Some people say it doesn't hurt but for me it did because my teeth were like pic related. After that feeling subsides, be careful when eating with braces. Food tends to get stuck in between the wiring. Floss everyday and brush your teeth 2 times a day or else you're going to end up with teeth that look like they have coffee stains on them. Also, expect your braces and the wiring to cut your braces sometimes.
>>
File: ben.jpg (106KB, 920x613px) Image search: [Google]
ben.jpg
106KB, 920x613px
c-can this be fixed with braces?
>>
>>38386961

no, that's when you have an overjet you fucking retard
>>
>>38389379
Yes, expect >>38389310 to happen tho.
>>
>>38386616
I had really fucked up teeth when I was younger, the girls used to call me Dracula. I had braces in for three years. The first thing you will notice is the pain, its agony for the first few days. The braces will then be tightened and changed over the years when you have them.

After I got the braces removed, I have to wear a plastic retainer at night to keep my teeth from going back to their squint position. MAKE SURE you clean your retainer, I couldn't be bothered and ended up getting thrush in my mouth, which is disgusting.
>>
>>38389310
That's good to hear. I've been wanting to fix my teeth for a while, I have a really bad overbite, plus really crooked teeth. My teeth are so bad I make a conscious effort to hide my teeth, I really need to get them fixed. I needed braces 20 years ago for fucks sake.
It's good to know that they can be fixed though. I thought I was too far gone at this point.
>>
i had braces from like 11-16. they wanted me to keep them on another year or two but i told my mom i was fucking sick and tired of wearing the things and she got the dentist to take them off. they gave me a retainer and all that crap to wear after and i was supposed to go in every month for a check up, i never did any of that and never went back. my teeth have shifted a little since then but nothing severe. i'm pretty sure they were just squeezing my parents for money.
>>
>>38389379
i'm striahgt male but that guy is good looking
>>
PLEASE WEAR THE FUCKING RETAINERS AT THE END OTHERWISE YOUR TEETH WILL GO BACK TO SHIT

I learnt this the hard way
>>
>>38389453
I remember the time when I took off my braces, my teeth just looked fucking unreal. It's so, so worth it. My upper teeth especially. A couple months later and my back teeth have shifted a little in order to better accommodate my bite and it's just reassuring.
Do it anon, the payoff for the pain is incredible.
>>
Had them from like age 14-17. My teeth were a mess. Didn't wear retainer, so they reverted back to their original spots. Then had to get braces for a second time from age like 20-22, this time out of my own money. I wear my retainers every night now, and my smile is still legit over four years later.

Lesson is wear your fucking retainers after getting your braces off.
>>
>the parents never let me have braces 's grew up with fucked teeth

JUST
>>
>>38388475
Literally your whole life, although I only wear them at night now. It's really not hard, though. It's just part of my nightly routine, like setting an alarm or brushing my teeth.
>>
>>38388475
Wear them as much as you can for the first six months, then use them for sleep the rest of your life.
>>
>>38386616
you can't eat normally for the first days (biting)
after wearing braces you have to wear retainer so you keep it right

nothing much, at least it works
>>
>>38386616
I've had mine for almost two years, getting them off in 11 days.

AMA.
>>
>>38387024
>will be "that grown man with braces" if I got them now
Oh yeah better to be the guy with the fucked up teeth
>>
>>38390154

why do you love sucking so much dick?
>>
File: chad.jpg (158KB, 740x1058px) Image search: [Google]
chad.jpg
158KB, 740x1058px
I'm having chad jaw surgery on Monday to fix my overbite.

this is my surgical plan
>>
>Moderate pain for a week after installation
>Also after checkups/tightenings
>Popcorn will be a nightmare to eat. Get some now.
>When they come off, wear the fucking retainer like your life depends on it. I didn't and my tooth gap came back
>>
File: brad.jpg (153KB, 784x1166px) Image search: [Google]
brad.jpg
153KB, 784x1166px
>>38390355
this is my jaw model before the surgery
>>
File: MagibonTrolld2.jpg (9KB, 173x241px) Image search: [Google]
MagibonTrolld2.jpg
9KB, 173x241px
>>38389664

So many robots have parents who are poorlets or neglect them.

Honestly, would you let your kid look like pic related if you were capable of fixing them?
>>
>>38386616
You'll get your braces tightened every few months by cute female doctors. They'll lean over you to grab something and their tits are hoveruling about your face. It's wonderful.
>>
>>38386616
I'm getting mine off in like 2 months. When you get your wires on and when you get them tightened the first few times, get lots of painkillers and food you don't have to chew.

Cleaning and flossing is a pain in the ass, eating anything that can get stuck in them will suck. I think it's worth it though, I'm not afraid to smile anymore and my teeth moving uncovered a few cavities that I couldn't get fixed previously.
>>
>>38390455

Dental hygienists are always super qt for some reason
>>
>>38386616
Fuck it I will just say it here. I have a tooth pulling fetish (as in fucking a girl then taking her teeth out or everyday pulling out one tooth so she loses confidence and hates herself) Is this a common fetish at all? Does anyone else feel like this? I have found zero fap material of it or stories so I just daydream. How fucked up am i?
>>
>>38390427
Some people still wouldn't cause they don't care about their kids.
>>
>>38390455
Grab dem boobs and blame the drugs they give you?
>>
>>38390427
Lmao funnily enough they weren't even poor.
Dad was just apathetic and didn't care and said it's fine and mum didn't want me to have 4 teeth taken out because she thought I couldn't handle it

Sucks desu hence I don't smile anymore
>>
>>38390586
bump someone answer this please about my fucked up fetish
>>
>>38391367
how does your teeth look then anon? Could you describe it? Man that is depressing as fuck.
>>
>>38386616
It sucks but in the end it's worth it. Feel much better about smiling where I used to avoid it and now I'm generally perceived as being happier.
>>
>>38386675
No I had to have braces + surgery for this. They can fix your overbite by removing teeth and pulling everything back but it will make you look weird. You have an overbite because your bottom jaw is too small and needs to be extended.
>>
>>38391710
How do I convince them I need surgery and for them to pull back my maxilla?
>>
>>38391739
Talk to a surgeon. They get paid so agreeing to a surgery is like making a sale. Tell them what you want. If it's safe and they can do it they will for money like everyone else in the world.
>>
>>38391794
>>38391739
and not* I don't have money anyway
>>
Has anyone tried invisible braces, like invisalign?
>>
>>38386616
It's going to be extremely painful for at least a week. You probably won't even be able to eat. It's worth it though when it's over and you have beautiful teeth.
>>
>>38391589
I mean they're not disgustingly awful like >>38390427 but the front two are crooked and so are the bottom central few like not in line

I appreciate the sympathy mate ;_;
>>
File: smug wojak.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smug wojak.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>38386616
I had them for some time when I was 16-17. I couldn't eat toffee and some other things. Food got stuck in them so your mouth needed some extra maintenance.

5/10
could live with them but wouldn't do it for fun

>mfw I got a new experience and also >mfw I didn't need them anymore
>>
>>38386616
>costs a bunch of money althrough insurance could pay for it
>takes an hour and a half to get on, so lots of waiting
>need weekly cleaning
>afterwords u need to sleep with a retainer every night for the rest of your life
ehh not really worth it but if ur interested go right ahead
>>
Got them at 16 and here I am at 19 with them still on. What was supposed to be a year and a half dragged on to 3 years. I think I am finally nearing the end though.
>>
>>38390586
no one else have this? really? am i that fucking weird?
>>
>>38393456
>>afterwords u need to sleep with a retainer every night for the rest of your life
why is that?
>>
>>38394617
Because unless you get surgery from the get go or get braces before you hit 10 the teeth will move back
>>
File: 1495393715597.jpg (24KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
1495393715597.jpg
24KB, 500x599px
>had braces for 3 years
>needed a retainer after that
>parents completely forgot to take me back to the dentist so he can give me one
>2 years later teeth are back to the fucked up way they were before
>braces also damaged my enamel when they were taken off
>because of that, 6 of my upper front teeth started rotting away really easily
>would need to have the rot drilled away then filled with dental cement
>no money at all for that and parents won't even pay for me or split the bill
>>
>>38387001
I am already corrupted
I was an autist and sperg since I was born
Only r9k brings me peaceeeee
Hell, my dad even cucked my mom's previous BF before I was born
>>
>>38395104
You consider making a patreon or calling a dentist and explaining the situation and finding out what your options are to get help? I feel bad for you man. I hope someone helps you.
>>
>>38395672
I wouldn't consider making a patreon just for that, it's like im asking for free money without even giving anything back in return.

I did think of talking it over with a dentist, but again i'd be too ashamed to do that as it makes me look like a poor fuck and i also feel like it wouldn't be too respectful towards the dentist if i ask him about splitting the prices or paying the bill monthly in small sums of whatever i can get.
>>
>>38386616
I think my teeth are going to fall out, they are very loose since I got them in
>>
>>38395776
More meant a gofund me or something and in return you give something back.
Everyone has money problems, sometimes shit happens, they won't look down on you and even if they did fuck them your teeth matter more than that. I can understand that, but if they are willing to make a deal with you, you should take the chance. Sometimes we have to do things that would be hard to do or for us to stomach in order to get better. Just knowing you deal with this makes me want to help you pay for it. Allow others to help you anon. I hope you at least take my advice.
>>
Got braces for an underbite when I was like 10 and had them for 4yrs
Wore my retainer religiously and now I have an underbite again, cant say I would recommend it
>>
>>38386616
Be 25 with glasses & braces. No one takes me seriously and I know everyone talks about it behind my back. Ive given up but instead of being pathetic I worked out and act like a chad flirting with every woman whenever I go outside which has nearly led to a few fights. Cant wait to crack some norman skulls if one swings at me instead of looking away or laughing it off lmao I got nothing to lose
>>
>>38391710
I had my teeth removed to fix overbite like you said and never got a surgery and I don't weird or anything, I look perfectly fine with good healthy teeth and in perfect position now and it was been 6 years since I go off my braces.
>>
Got them around 15, wore them for 1.5-2 years and needed to attach latex bands between top and bottom braces to force my jaws into alignment because my upper jaw protruded a bit further than average (it doesn't really hurt)

I can barely remember the experience, it was just painful/annoying the first week or weeks or however long your dentist tells you to avoid hard foods and then I got used to it. Do fucking listen to them because I ate a sandwich or some shit within the first week and a brace broke off

Differences in your lifestyle include constantly feeling fucking braces on your teeth and having to get tiny minibrushes to brush between your teeth which isn't difficult considering there are people out there who floss regularly on top of brushing (I don't)

It's even more annoying to deal with getting another appointment and extending the whole thing

After having worn braces for 2 years I now wear retainers every night and have been for 2 or 3 years (can't remember)

My teeth still look better than they used to but I'm not sure if I care that much
>>
File: hi-mental-weakjawboy.jpg (10KB, 250x259px) Image search: [Google]
hi-mental-weakjawboy.jpg
10KB, 250x259px
I had braces when I was 10-13 and I wish I could back and NOT get them.
They prevented my maxila from growing properly (that combined with tooth extraction), and I feel like my face is longer and narrower than it should be.
If you are getting braces because your teeth are a bit wonky I think that wouldn't cause any problems, but if you have a narrow palate (like I did) get your palate WIDENED first, then get braces.

Interesting read for anons that had braces/extractions -

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/dentistry/is-it-mental-or-is-it-dental/
>>
>>38398505
Yeah I had those rubber bands too. I fucking hated them. I quit wearing my retainers after 2 years and now, almost 13 years later my teeth have moved considerably.. so keep those retainers for life anon.
>>
>>38398505
Fuck those rubber bands man, I'd wear those things for weeks and the pain still wouldn't go away in my jaws from wearing those.

I wore braces for about 4 years and it was a horrible experience. After the braces got removed I got that "permanent" retainer in my bottom teeth and a temporary one for my upper teeth. The permanent retainer eventually broke off and I stopped wearing the top retainer and actually my teeth haven't changed that much, probably because I wore braces for so damn long. Only issue I deal with now is that my TMJ is pretty bad, but it's too late to fix my jaw without invasive surgery that will just fuck it up even more.
>>
My parents were retards who never believed in modern medicine, and didn't want to spend money on any kind of dental treatment, so I had nothing done about my fucked up teeth as a kid. At 21 when I had more money to pay myself, I got braces for almost 2 years. I've been told it's much more painful to have them as an adult, I think that's pretty accurate. It fucking sucked but at least I have straight teeth now.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.