[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I fuck up here

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: 1498315092484.png (18KB, 307x462px) Image search: [Google]
1498315092484.png
18KB, 307x462px
Yeah so I met this girl I really like, shes basically my ideal gf but the thing is shes not really that great looking

She asked me to rate her and instead of just telling her what she wanted to hear, I decided she might just appreciate some honesty and told her what I really thought, that she was very average looking with strange features, although not really ugly either.
She took it really bad I think, we eventually moved on but shes brought it up several times since then and it's clear she hasn't really gotten over it.

Did I just ruin my chances of being with this girl, I feel like every time we talk now all she is thinking to herself is about how ugly she must look to me, is she gonna get over it eventually or was I supposed to just lie forever to her
>>
>>38384158
It's time to start giving her compliments. They have to be believable, though.
>>
>>38384201
Nah. He already fucked up. It's over. Even if he compliments her 24/7 there will always be that burning feeling that he doesn't like her or view her as good enough.
>>
>>38384227

shit man this is what im afraid of
like nothing else suddenly matters to her except that shes not pretty enough or something
>>
>>38384240
Yeah. Of course.....because you literally said that to her.

I know if I was in that situation I wouldn't want to date you. There are pleanty of other men to date. I am sure she will go for one that actually finds her beautiful inside and out.
>>
>>38384227
It sounds like her self esteem is rock bottom. I think he still has a chance.
>>
>>38384270

I do think shes beautiful inside though
I just don't really believe in lying to peoples faces just to make them feel good
>>
>>38384300
It's okay to lie sometimes. That's when you just focus on a feature...

>I love your eyes
>smile
>hair

Really anything that you like about her. Don't nitpick her flaws.

How much effort does she put in her appearance?
>>
>>38384341

Plenty of effort I think, its just the way she is
I am still reasonably attracted to her and I've tried to make that clear to her, I hope its getting through

I'll try the alternate compliments though
>>
File: 1499990852682.jpg (41KB, 750x726px) Image search: [Google]
1499990852682.jpg
41KB, 750x726px
Your chances with her are fucked. Yes there are cases where honesty is appreciated but that wasn't one of them. When it comes to beauty a woman's self esteem can get pretty bruised , especially if you are saying that her features (something she can't change) are strange looking.

All the compliments in the world aren't going to help you now. She'll find someone who finds her attractive as she is.
>>
>>38384441
Jesus man never tell a girl that haha more than likely her low self esteem just hit rock bottom. Make sure you tell her your feelings about her personality. If she keeps bringing it up then she still likes you even if youre an asshole. So theres still a chance.
>>
>>38384158
Reminds me of that girl who casually said "aahhh I feeel so faaaaat" around me a couple of times. She wasn't fat really, she obviously just wanted me to tell her how beautiful she looked. So one time I said "thank you're seeing it yourself". I had planned to tell her I was joking and that she doesn't need to worry right after, but she went ballistic and I never got the chance.
>>
>>38384158
You could lie as to why you did it. Like you could say that you only did it so she wouldn't feel to good for you and then leave you. So you said it so she wouldn't leave you and that it was only out of love or some bs.and that you actually think she is 10/10 . best shot is to lie out of it. otherwise you are fucked. But this should be a lesson. never tell the truth to womyn. always do whats best for them and the situation.
>>
>>38384631

I thought telling her the truth would be what was best for her, so thats what I did

Not gonna make a lie to cover for a truth that was meant to prevent a lie, full retard right there

But yeah I get it I totally fucked up so thats cool
>>
>>38384660
You can't even tell a white lie to spare someone's feelings? And they say roasties are the most cold hearted people on the planet. You're an ass.
>>
>>38384676

so honesty is considered being an ass nowadays
no wonder we have the snowflake generation
>>
>>38384703
Yes, telling a girl you are dating that she is ugly is being an ass. How autistic are you?
>>
>>38384660
Well you know if you want to stay with her this would probably work. otherwhise tell her some more truth and see how far it will go untill she commits suicide.
>>
>>38384660
>full retard right there
You went full retard when you told a girl who was clearly trying to flirt with you that she was ugly, fucking lmao
>>
>>38384910

for fucks sake I never even called her ugly

I literally just told her she had average looks but I still found her attractive

Are women really so vain that they interpret that reasonable statement as some kind of unforgivable offense?
>>
>>38384962
Real talk, are you autistic?
Rejection is rejection, no matter if you call her 'ugly' or 'average with strange features'. She wasn't wanting a literal answer, she was wanting an affirmative from you.
>>
Tell her you would still fuck her or something.
>>
>>38385013

I didn't reject her, I made that plainly obvious by telling her I was still attracted to her and wanted to date her

but whatever Ill go apply for my autism bux first thing on monday
>>
>>38385040
That's not romantic enough. He has to tell her something specific, like >>38384341 suggested. He has to make her feel sexy since he crushed her self worth.
>>
>>38384158
go back to her and say she's beautiful to you
>>
>>38385056
He won't. He thinks he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>38385050
It was just an example.
>>
>>38385042
"yeah, you look strange and are average in looks, but me, personally, i'm attracted to strange,and average looks haha i still want to date you"
>>
>>38385129
That's fucking ridiculous
>>
>>38385064
because I didnt
>>38385129
this guy is making it seem like I insulted her and carried on like nothing was wrong due to autism or something, which isnt the case at all

She asked me to rate her, I gave her a 6, told her why, and then immediately told her that the rating was based on most people's inflated beauty standards, and that I still personally was attracted to her and thought she looked fine

seriously I didnt think it was that bad
>>
File: 1434084703733.jpg (26KB, 498x415px) Image search: [Google]
1434084703733.jpg
26KB, 498x415px
This must be what pure autism looks like. It's pretty sad desu.
>>
>>38385205
She's flipping out over a 6? I take back what I said. She's a high maintenance bitch.
>>
https://illimitablemen.com/2014/12/14/the-shit-test-encyclopedia/

That OP, is a shit test. A question you can only answer correctly - by not answering directly.
>>
>>38385214
To be fair, while 6 is actually an above average score, it still gives off a general "eh" feeling.
>>
>>38385231

yes, and that was the honesty part

all I was trying to do was signal to her yes, your insecurities are valid, you are not a beauty queen, but I think you're still pretty and fine the way you are, thats really all it was
>>
Fuck what all these people in the thread are saying. If you aren't physically attracted to this woman you have no business dating her (no matter how well you two get on together). 2 years it took me to pull the plug, but do yourself a favour and make sure you don't let her know the real reason your breaking up.
>>
>>38385205
holy SHIT op

this has to be an elaborate troll or something
>>
>>38385258
trust me if I was trolling my responses would be far more ridiculous and lacking in self awareness

>>38385228
im aware of most of these, for the 10th time im not a fucking autist
>>
>>38384717
I'm not the best reader, but I don't think he said she was ugly senpai
>>
>>38385294
Yes, I stand corrected. Being called a 6 isn't the end of the world. His gf sounds like a drag.
>>
>>38385294
finally someone with reading comprehension

>>38385254
I am attracted to her though, not intensely, but enough to want to be with her
>>
>>38384158
Give her compliments from time to time about what her physical features you like. Apologies or explanations aren't going to make her feel non-ugly. Offhand compliments will.

If she cares about looking attractive to you, it's a good sign. And women generally are more likely to be attracted to men who represent a challenge, i.e. those they can't get with a snap of their finger. So I'd say you've improved your chances, provided you didn't sperg out or anything and will remember to compliment her from time to time.
>>
>>38385308
Just tell her you were saying what you thought about her because you wanted a honest relationship with her because you like her
>>
File: fuck-this-and-this.gif (417KB, 150x95px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-this-and-this.gif
417KB, 150x95px
>>38385205
Womyn are very difficult for a Man. I am talking to a long time not seen gf for 5 days now and i always feel like i went to far with what i said because the fucking TEXT MESSAGERS DON'T CONVEY THE MEANING RIGHT WHEN SHE REPLY. So im in a constant state of thinking about her reactions and what i fucked up. It is totally nerve wracking and i cant even sleep anymore because she is always in my fucking head GOD DAMIT! I want to go back to my "for ever alone" life.
>>
>>38385331
Yeah that's exactly why I did it, I thought it was important to establish right away because I really do want to be serious with her

>>38385316
Interesting perspective
>>
>>38385308
I'm glad that I did something right for once aniki, but make sure she doesn't ghost you and make sure that she knows that you actually find her very pretty/attractive etc, but not forcefully ofc, and everything should be all right with some time

If it was ment to be that is
>>
>>38385352
No, if yoiu want her to not feel like that anymore you have to say something like that to be neutral
>>
>>38385352
My experience as a woman is that men who are immediately completely attracted to me are potential orbiters or creeps cause girls are slower to warm up to the idea of a relationship, I find. It's the general impression I get from female friends too.
It's good to not be too obviously into her and also compliment what you specifically like about her. It'll make her feel special.
>>
>>38385437
Hi anonette, I really like the way you type.

Want to hook up?
>>
>>38385506
No, sorry. Thank you though.
See I really felt more flattered by that comment than I should've, because I process it like, "oh how nice, this guy notices the little details about me, that's sweet, nobody does that anymore." The female brain is too easy to trick.
>>
>>38385667
Well I wasn't honest with the hook up but the first part was true.
>>
>>38384158
>she might just appreciate some honesty
Haha
>>
>>38384158
You're a fucking moron, ,she's not getting over it and I'm glad you won't be breeding.
>>
>>38386029
And neither will you senpai :^)

Origeanal 350lbs
>>
No you did not fuck up. You. Suceeded. The seed of insecurity has been planted. If you had lavished her with praise, she would have thought less of you. Just pay attention and give her compliments if you see her try to improve her rating. Then you are in like Flynn.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.