[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Developping some kind of mental problem

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-07-15-02-41-20-1.png (412KB, 1439x990px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-15-02-41-20-1.png
412KB, 1439x990px
For the past year I have been taking selfies of myself in my house. I started doing this because when I look at myself in the mirror I feel like I look ok, but I hate my appearance in photos. I felt like the mirror image of myself was biased by my eyes because theres no way I dont look ugly as fuck considering I never got a compliment in my entire life. I wanted to get an honest opinion of my appearance at random times of the day, from any angle, no matter how much the truth may hurt. I basically do this just to criticize myself and I cant help it. For example, I could be at my computer doing stuff and Id randomly pull out my phone and take a picture of myself and think "holy shit I look like a retarded faggot", feel sad for a bit then continue what I was doing. Its become some kind of weird habbit. Everytime im enjoying myself playing games or anything, I pull out my phone, look at myself and get sad again, feeling inferior. Or worse, id get ready to go hang out with some friends, take a shower and look at myself in the mirror thinking wow I look good, cant wait to go out tonight, but then my brain tells itself "dont lie to yourself" and I pull out my phone camera to get that "honest mirror" and I feel ugly as shit again and my mood is ruined. Its like I cannot even allow myself to feel good, as soon as I do I remind myself that im ugly and nobody will ever like me. Its at the point where I sometimes avoid friends irl because I dont want to disgust them with my appearance. I feel like merely being next to then is like im bringing them down. In my head, all theyre thinking is "holy shit my friend is ugly". This is eating away at me. I sometimes lay in bed looking through all these selfies I took over the past year and I ask myself how do I even manage to have friends looking like this?
Pic related is to prove that Im not just attentionwhoring. Ive reached text limit so ill continue on another post for whoever cares enough to read this.
>>
>>38382741
how old are you? do you have any mayor flaw on your face? Like a crooked nose, no chin, crooked face or something like that?
>>
Recently, Ive thought to myself ok maybe im not the best looking guy but maybe I look just like the average joe and Im too harsh on myself. So i visited these subreddits where people rate each other and shit(mind you I google these, I dont actually use reddit or have an account), even went on /soc/ rate threads. Not to post my face, just to see what the average people on these parts of the internet look like and maybe feel better about myself. But this only makes me feel worse because there isn't a single person that isnt atleast a 6/10 in my eyes, including short indians. People that get rated 4s are legitimately atleast 6s to me, and I consider myself like a 2. Thats on soc. Tons of chads on those rate threads too. The amiugly subreddit is a total joke, everyone there is good looking and its like they post there just to get their 20th compliment of the day. Anyway you get the point.
How do I get over this? I cant imagine myself living past 25 thinking like this every day. How do I actually accept being ugly and pretend it doesnt bother me. Is it even possible to truely ever get over it? Im sure r9k is also full of chads but for fellow uglybots, how do you cope?
>>
>>38382741
Try a short video. I can't help but look retarded in pictures but not as bad in video
>>
>>38382741
I am exactly like this except that i don't have any friends.
>>
>>38382859
Post a pic of yourself. I will give you a honest opinion.
>>
>>38382856
Im 19, have mild acne, my nose is nearly as wide as my mouth which is probably my worst feature, not crooked, also have a small mouth. Round face. I do have a chin. Cant grow a beard. I think I have nice eyes but its not enough to save me from being ugly. Also im white
>>
>>38382954
Dont be a pussy and post a pic of yourself.
>>
>>38382893
Ive seen your pics around plenty of times and you look very fine to me if that makes you feel better, but yeah I know how it feels. Its self destructive
>>38382899
While its tempting to get those "you dont look so bad" compliments, I dont want to post my face on 4chan and I dont want this to be the point of the thread.
>>
I have the opposite, when i see myself it's somewhat like a drug..
>>
>>38383025
> I dont want to get compliments. Im ugly.
What the fuck do you eant bro? If youre ugly just deal with it. Get a plastic surgery or just acept it. Youre fucking young. Your face will change in a couple of years. Go to gym, gain muscle mass, lower your bodyfat. And gtfo of r9k. Pussy bitch ass nigger
>>
>Go to gym, gain muscle mass, lower your bodyfat.
Nigger Im at the gym lifting 2 hours a day every day, my body's the only thing I'm happy about because it's the only thing I can actually change. Did you really feel like you needed to add that part in your post? Did you really need to project that hard? I didn't say I was out of shape, just ugly.
>>
>>38382741
We both share the same problem. I've been so embarrassed I haven't been in public since May.
>Congratulations you have social anxiety!
>>
>>38383025
Other people have told me i look fine too but i could never believe it, no matter what. Like you, i feel the need to take pics and then feel depressed and disgusted by them, it's so fucked up. I feel like it's my OCD developing in new ways, since i have been obsessive about other things too. Exactly like you described it, i feel like i am mostly okay with not looking good but my brain acts on his own and keeps me from being content or happy. It happens when i am doing other things too, i would feel happy for a few seconds then i instantly start feeling bad about it.
>>
I felt the same thing and took pics, even recorded myself. surprisingly I didnt think I looked as weird on a video.
>>
>>38383411
for how long have you been feeling like this?
>>
>>38382741
I do this too... I have 2000 images of myself and I look atrocious. The left side of my face sags and it looks like I've had a stroke, the other side looks perfectly normal.

I am an ugly duckling and I don't want to be seen out in public if I don't have to, so I stay inside all day on my computer.
>>
>>38383638
I can't really pinpoint the exact time but it has been very long. I have other issues as well like depression, anxiety and sometimes feeling like the world isn't real, intrusive thoughts about hurting people and animals i love. I tried seeking help but local doctors just couldn't help me at all, they are worse than wikipedia and i have to pay out of the ass for everything because there is no government help whatsoever.
>>
>>38382741
People look better in motion than in a still picture and selfies aren't professional photography
>>
>>38382982
Isn't that illegal on here now?
>>
>>38383682
That sucks man. Professional help is a joke imo, when it comes to issues like these theres not much they can really do, you have to fix the problems yourself and it can be really hard when you get dealt such shit hands in life.
>hurting people and animals i love
You hurt your animals? I have a dog and he's the being that I love the most because he doesn't judge me and just loves me no matter how I look. How do you end up hurting your animals if you love them?
>>
>>38383819
lol no, i never hurt a person or animal, read my post, i said i get intrusive thoughts about doing it and it scares me because i don't want to do it at all
>>
I did the same thing two years ago op except I would also post partial pics of my face on here so people would compliment me. Protip it doesn't help at all and you have low confidence.
>>
>>38383719
So? Just do it anyway. Im not gay but i can tell if youre attractive or not
>>
>>38383858
Oh sorry I misread. Personally I just get thoughts about murdering people who have it too easy in life due to genetic factors. Thoughts about killing chads basically, people who are only successful because of their looks. That's nothing unusual though, I'm pretty sure most people on this board get these thoughts atleast once in a while. Also suicidal and depressing thoughts but who also doesn't get those...
Fuck life
>>
File: Screenshot_1363.png (310KB, 582x586px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1363.png
310KB, 582x586px
>>38382741
Just think: "What I see could be much worse".

Learn to appreciate what you have, but steadily improve to avoid creating a misled love for a stagnant version of yourself.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.