[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become good at illustrating

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (851KB, 2103x2164px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
851KB, 2103x2164px
How do I become good at illustrating
>>
>>38377262
Constant practice.
>>
>>38377335
How do I even start though
There aren't any guides
>>
>>38377398
There are, go to /i/. Try using depth, it's like you're drawing on 1 plane, flat. You'll get what I mean
>>
File: 1494581519422.jpg (25KB, 172x306px) Image search: [Google]
1494581519422.jpg
25KB, 172x306px
>>38377398
>he didn't read the sticky
>>
File: IMAG010 (6).jpg (321KB, 1090x774px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG010 (6).jpg
321KB, 1090x774px
Use sketchbooks to work out how your characters and props will look like,and very cheap paper to imagine the scene you are trying to illustrate in terms of layout. Then use the Good paper to work out the finished project:with the lightest of pencils put in the background,then place your characters and props within,making sure the perspectives and angles match the background so everything looks like it belongs in the scene and not hovering above it. Lastly,fill in the scene with detail.
>>
>>38377785
>the sticky
I think you mean the 7 page wiki article that can be summed up as
>just learn yourself :^)
>>
>>38377335
This is not nearly as descriptive as I would have hoped
>>
>>38378126
That sounds way more advanced than I'm capable of
>>
>>38377262
>tfw will never produce my own hentai that satisfies my every kink
>>
bump for interest. I've been procrastinating for 2 months because I have no idea how to start learning how to draw.
>>
>>38377398
>How do I even start though
>There aren't any guides

drawabox.com
Mainly practice though
You don't need a guide to practice, you might think that following some book or guide will help you but there is no right way to learn to draw

just start looking around and drawing shit you see

There are three main aspects of drawing you need to master
line, shape, color

line is all about line thickness, shape, etc - how do you draw a straight line?

Good exercise to practice this is blind contour drawing - look at some object in your room - lamp, cup, headphones, glasses - and draw it without looking at the page

Shape is all about the shape of objects
Stuff like proportion and perspective are part of this

3D practice exercises which help with this are practicing two and three point perspective drawings of simple objects

Draw a cube, draw a box sitting on top of a box, then a ball sitting on top of a box

Practice those basics until they look spot on
>>
>>38378241
Bumpereno orgiin
>>
>>38378205
Your question led me to believe that you were already drawing and you wanted to "become good" at it. No one has ever just picked up a pencil and knocked out an awesome work of art. It takes practice. A lot of practice. You should carry a sketchbook with you all the time and be drawing at every opportunity. Sit on a bench and do quick studies of people walking by. Draw the building across the street. Doodle ridiculous pictures of your dog. Just DRAW, all the time.

There are loads of tutorials on the web for all different media. There are cheap books at library sales and on Amazon with step by step guides. And there are art books you can use to study master artists and learn how they worked.

It's not easy, and there are no shortcuts. You have to be determined and willing to put in the hours to develop your technique and polish your talents.
>>
File: IMAG001 (10).jpg (596KB, 1495x1175px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG001 (10).jpg
596KB, 1495x1175px
>>38378221
Its what I call the Skeletal Approach, and it can be applied to any creative process. Start with he vague idea and add stuff to it. In this case,you have an idea to do an illustration:a scene from some other medium,usually a book,showing characters doing stuff in a specific setting in relation to the story. So that's where sketchbooks come in,where you draw your characters and props until you are comfortable with their design and look. You can be as sloppy as you like,since what you will present to the world is the completed whole,not these bits. Then with the cheap paper work out your layouts,the start placing the worked-out bits in here to make the scene a whole. Rhe challange is the final product,but since you have no deadlines you can take all the time you want to get it right.

The secret is to work out the skeleton of the Final form,then flesh it out until it lives. You CAN do this,just do the homework. Every line placed to paper is an education. So learn.
>>
File: 1469892847139.png (274KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
1469892847139.png
274KB, 500x305px
>>38378378
>And there are art books you can use to study master artists and learn how they worked.
all set my dude
>>
File: image.png (160KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160KB, 366x380px
>>38378832
WEW LAD
THESE ARENT REAL ARE THEY?
>>
>>38378968
they're infamous on /ic/, 100% genuine.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Draw-Manga-Katy-Coope/dp/0439317452
>>
>>38378832
>not having theses in middle school
That explains the majority of the threads on this board you losers.

Also this guy is right >>38377335
>>
>>38378832
>that artwork
Disgusting
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.