[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why not join the military?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: ShowImage.ashx.jpg (128KB, 898x628px) Image search: [Google]
ShowImage.ashx.jpg
128KB, 898x628px
You get ripped, you develop dicipline and a purpose
>>
>>38369004
It was my dream to join the military, but I was rejected due to my medical history. It was quite literally all I wanted to do with my life, and it's never going to happen.
>>
File: army mop in the rain.jpg (105KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
army mop in the rain.jpg
105KB, 640x1136px
I am joining the military, but here is why most robots wouldn't/shouldn't join

>shit pay
>total lack of privacy (hope you enjoy showering with other people)
>insanely strict rules
>high physical fitness standards
>loss of basic rights/freedoms for the duration of your service
>risk of death if you're from a country currently at war
>arbitrary punishments

If you don't care about any of those things, then by all means sign up.
>>
>>38369004
My wrist hurt like hell. I can lift to some degree but i couldn't do a single push up.
It's probably chronic arthritis. I had some treatment but it didn't do jack shit. Probably the doctors didn't care enough about some random rheumatic pain to do proper diagnosis.
>>
I like my country but I'm not willing to die for it sorry anon, I saw the commercials with the people who have no limbs FUCK THAT
>>
>>38369077
Same here, still hurts
>>
Lol no
I find myself working alongside people who have been in the military all the time. Working the same jobs as me. Why would I do something that only gets me as far as I already am?
>>
>>38369004
If I could 100% guarantee getting a decent gf by joining, I'd go sign up today.

But unfortunately I can't
>>
>>38369004
I was in the army, had panic attacks like you wouldn't believe. Army is not for robots senpai.
>>
>>38369004
>you get ripped
>posts picture of some fat dudes
>>
File: 1499890487394.jpg (9KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
1499890487394.jpg
9KB, 192x262px
>>38369004
I'm starting service now in January, kinda looking forwards to it. I'm from Norway so its mandatory to do service
>>
I'm antisocial, autistic and anorexic. I would join the military if I could just to get away from it all.
>>
>>38369282
>being this fucking desperate

Fucking christ work on yourself instead.
>>
>>38369004
You die for the banks and oil companies

You're a cuck for the fat old politicians

If you get severely wounded your gf will leave

Fight in a country no one cares about for people who don't like you and adds to global instability and terrorism

Hmm why not? I wonder?
>>
>>38369004
>get ripped
Gonna stop you right there bud
>cousin goes into army
>gets /fit/ months before basics
>takes before and after
>after looks fucking terrible
>decent pecs are bitch tits and hes chubby
>said superiors were fatasses that yelled at others to do situps and shit
>>
Not interested in spending 4 years of my life to blow up impoverished sand people in some 3rd world desert shithole that nobody has ever heard of.
>>
I got really close to joining the US marine corps.
I got a 92 on the Asvab, and I was able to do 10 pull-ups (would probably improve as he said ship-out date was a few months away).
I was really focused on getting in.
I had been a dropout, but I had an equivalency degree from my state and 68 college credits.
When he asked me about which highschool I went to, I blurted out the name of the school I went to before.
HE WROTE DOWN I WAS A REGULAR HIGH SCHOOL GRAD FROM OF THAT SCHOOL.
Holy shit, I just couldn't come back after that. I couldn't face the fact that I was going to get in some trouble for them thinking I lied about it
Fuck man, the robit came out
>>
>>38369083
In my country that isnt in war nor in the verge of breaking into one, if you join military school(3 years), obtain a higher rank and work as an instructor for the ppl who serve 8 months for our country you get twice the average pay and Very flexible hours. The ppl in mandatory service start getting lower ranks after basic training(3 months) and take many tasks off their superiors and they can literally have 3-5 hours cut off their work time every other day.

It's like a teacher's job in a differwnr environment with very basic and straightforward topics any autist can pull it off with no qualifications if you have any willpower getting through the school..

Its very chill and safe and tamed in my country honestly.. A dream job for a slacker in this place.. Wonderful country.
>>
>>38369077
>>38369214
Damn that sucks. I know someone that was so close to being denied for medical shit and flat feet but just made the cut. In basic he was able to complete his running time within seconds before disqualification, too.
>>
>>38369773
why didnt you just correct him?
>>
I am.
I passed the test last week, now just waiting on a ship off date, no family, no job, all my friends are moving on little by little. My ship is sinking and i refuse to live in the ghetto with niggers
>>
>>38370198
Are you excited?
What branch?
>>
>>38370003
Hello, which country are you in ?
>>
I wanna join the navy next year.
I'm trying my best. In fact, I've got drunk less, haven't bought cigarettes in almost two weeks, and masturbated only three times in the past seven days.
>>
>born in 92
>Balkan wars
>move to America in 97
>always dreamed of one day going back home
>developed a love for guns
>I'm fit and able bodied
>can speak and write my language fluently
>full on slav, I'd only stick out of the crowd a little bit
>decide to fuck it all
>quitting my job in 3 weeks
>moving back home
>joining military

Who knows what'll happen, but if i fail I'll just become a photographer in my country. At least if I die, I'll die and be happy for once.
>>
>>38370401
Nice dude, good to see that you're doing what you really want to do. Best of luck my friend
>>
If I were 10 years younger I'd consider it but I'm too old to make a career of the army now.
>>
I'd rather die in gunfire than live my days slowly declining till death looking at a wall with pixels on it every day.
>>
>>38370198
Air Force. Im exicited, mostly because i needed this in my life, my backs to a corner and after this month i can't pay my rent, I'll be homeless and i have nowhere else to go or who to rely on.
>>
>>38369773
This is the dumbest excuse for not joining the military I've ever seen.
>>
>>38369773
Never tell that story again. You either joined or did not. There is no "almost". If you dare talk like you were almost a marine even again, kindly kys.
>>
Part of me wants to still believe I can make something out of myself...but that ship has most likely sailed. A 22 year old with no education or GED is useless in the world. Not even the military will take me, only prison will.
>>
File: 1499986759330.jpg (61KB, 329x363px) Image search: [Google]
1499986759330.jpg
61KB, 329x363px
>>38370414
Thanks friend. I've always wanted to join the military, but my dad was ex-mil and he never liked it. Strangely enough my mom was the one who supported the idea of me joining the armed forces. I really feel for the guys who aren't able to join because this is all I've wanted my whole life and i feel like this is the best way to give my life a sense of direction.
>>
>>38369004
I am not allowed to join because of my schizophrenia
Wish I could
>>
>>38370557
The military might help you get the qualifications. I'm 25 this November and like I said in my previous post >>38370401fuck it why not? Make something of yourself because at the end of the day you'll feel like you're part of something and mean something to someone.
>>
>>38370469

Not him but if your initial paperwork has any holes in it that can really bite you in the ass later on if they think you lied about something, to the point of getting a dishonorable discharge, which is a worse stigma than being a 30 something NEET when it comes to getting a job.

Admittedly though he should have just corrected them rather than sperg out and run away.
>>
>>38370496
Are you fucking stupid? I never claimed to almost be a marine, I never claimed to be one. I just said I almost enlisted, if you aren't stupid that should be a sign that I'm not.I wasn't even close to becoming one seeing as one becomes a marine after they graduate boot camp and the earn the EGA.
kys? Are you 12 dude?

>>38370128
You do realize the board you're on right? I spilled my spaghetti. Anyways, that was months ago and it's not issue anymore.

>>38370469
Yeah I know, man. It was just supposed to be a funny story and maybe something relatable, but I guess no is like that on this board anymore.
Anyway, that happened months ago. Recently I started getting calls from them and recruiters coming to my house and stuff. We got it sorted out and they ended up referring me to the OSO in my city because I've picked up some more college credits. I've been talking to the captain there recently.
>>
>>38371063
"Robots" belong on wizardchan tbqh
>>
>>38371063
>almost enlisted
cringe
>>
>>38371090
>more twelve year old insults
cringe
>>
File: 4L_LPNjwhmd.png (518KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
4L_LPNjwhmd.png
518KB, 500x720px
>>38369004
I'm pretty sure military doesn't let gays in. They let trans in, but they're "straight" on paper. Even Iran doesn't have legal issues with trannies if they fuck opposite sex person of their "new" gender, but they still murder gays.

It's a shame too, I really wanted to join the navy and be in a submarine fucking for months on end.
>>
>>38369004
I would probably pull a private pyle's on the first week from all the stress
>>
>>38371258
>It's a shame too, I really wanted to join the navy and be in a submarine fucking for months on end.

That's exactly why they don't want gays.
>>
>>38371258
Dude, you know that "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" was taken down in, like, 2010-11, right?
>>
Britfag that joined the military here.
Happy to honestly and with zero bullshit answer any questions anons may have about joining.
>>
I have a worthless degree and thought about doing OCS for the Navy, but I used to take SSRIs plus I honestly don't think I could make the physical requirements.

I might still try
>>
>>38371258
It should have just happened at the beginning of this month but apparently are still working on the wording for bathroom stuff and whatnot. They already got rid of don't ask don't tell. There are photos of men kissing in uniform.
>>
>>38371305
>gayvy
It happens anyway.
>>
>>38369004
Why would I take any job where I'm literally paid with the money the government stole from others?
>tfw when ancap robot
>>
>>38371647
It's not like you are saving the tax payer money by not competing for that job. They will always get filled.
>>
File: 1492748462240.png (176KB, 560x530px) Image search: [Google]
1492748462240.png
176KB, 560x530px
>>38369004
I'm shipping out next week for army. I hope everything will be alright.
>>
>>38369004

You also get to develop PTSD, shitty job prospects once out and poor healthcare.
>>
If I had the discipline to do that, I wouldn't be here in the first place.
>>
>>38372555
Nice trips. It definitely depends on how you enlist and what path you take. If you commit to the GI bill, get free sped up college, learn specialized skills that make you valuable, get promotions while in school, etc, you can make a good career out of it. But yeah PTSD and possible permanent injuries.
>>
File: image.jpg (820KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
820KB, 2576x1932px
Stay away from the military. Especially the army. If you have to join go airforce. Whatever reasons seem good for joining just know they won't play out in reality.
T. Paratrooper us army xD
>>
File: sfuxbs.jpg (23KB, 427x453px) Image search: [Google]
sfuxbs.jpg
23KB, 427x453px
Why do normies hate on armymen? You get fucking ripped and when you get out, you get full government support and it helps build on your mental stability.
>>
I got kicked out of navy basic training for high blood pressure my recruiter just told me to not worry about it blame myself though, I shouldn't have listened to him and pretended it would all just work out
>>
>>38371258
Fruity rudy dude. he played himself in generation kill.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.