[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of buying a plot of land up north. After I've bought

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: torp.jpg (159KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
torp.jpg
159KB, 1024x680px
Thinking of buying a plot of land up north. After I've bought it I will not have much money left, about 8-9000 USD. How long will that last if I don't have a steady income? I will try to fish/hunt/grow most of my food but I will need to buy it as well. The cold will not be that big of a problem either because the cabin is relatively small with a big fireplace. My main concern is electricity, I need a fridge and a freezer.
Is it doable?

Also general R9K Outdoors
>>
>>38368162
Where in the fuck did you find a cabin in the woods for less than 10k??
>>
>>38368162
Considering you will have to pay taxes on that shit, probably less than a year. Groceries are like $100 a week, so that's a given $5,200+ already gone. Then, if you get injured or sick at all, or if the house breaks in any way, you will go into debt pretty fast.
>>
>>38368752
You clearly can't read
>>
solar power is getting better, get a few panels, inverter and battery and you should be good for a small fridge, lights and laptop etc.

if you are in a good location look into beekeeping and sell honey.
>>
>>38368162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdaeDG0qq1Y

No problemo anoni.
>>
>>38368984
So how much was it?
>>
>>38368162
You can make a low wattage fridge/freezer work, but you'll likely need a good generator and fuel even with other bullshit like wind/solar. You should learn to maximize canned food etc with condiments, it can be surprisingly decent if you master the art.
Make sure you get proper heat insulation, and consider adding an external layer during winter.
Get a decent satphone so you can call for help when you fuck up.
Make plenty of jew traps just in case they come for you.
>>
>>38369069
I meant that after I've bought it, the remaining funds will be around 9 000.
Are you dyslexic?
>>
>>38369037
That guy is onto something, but seems like a bit too LARP. Chickens for eggs, goats for milk. Berries, apples, and nuts are great to have on your property. If you're cheeky you can make your own alcohol or even opium(surprisingly easy).
>>
>>38369131
HOW FUCKING MUCH WAS THE PROPERTY JACKASS?
>>
>>38368162
Property taxes and the like will destroy that amount in fairly short order
>>
>>38369137
Dairy animals are a fucking terrible idea for homesteading. People need to get this through their heads. It's not like chickens where you just buy a few hens and just collect a shit ton of eggs just for feeding them. Dairy animals need to be fertilized and produce offspring, which means you're always going to have offspring to deal with in some way and milk isn't easy to produce. You have to scrub down their shit-covered udders every time you milk, and then you have to milk, and then you have to process the milk into whatever it's going to be (cheese, butter, etc.) all of which are labor and time intensive.
>>
>>38369175
And all that money will go to paying for shaniqua and her eight children. Oh and some boomer fucks golf membership. And some POGs new wank machine gun. How does that feel?
>>
>>38369316
Goats are pretty easy to deal with, and if you just want milk and to sell/eat their offspring you wont be going through a lot of hassle. I have to admit you have a point, but i'm biased towards goats because they're kawaii as fuck.
>>
File: 1850.jpg (104KB, 857x601px) Image search: [Google]
1850.jpg
104KB, 857x601px
>>38369394
Oh boy here we go. Republicans literally require dysgenics to continue to exist.

How can the white race be so fucking superior if it literally has to breed its majority as dumb as fucking clams to maintain power?
>>
File: 1432441186767.jpg (41KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1432441186767.jpg
41KB, 396x385px
>>38369433
Oh I love goats, but

>I'm biased I love goats
>eat their offspring
>>
It's a common misconception that shelter is your number one priority when escaping society. It's not. The most powerful thing your money can do for you is generate more money.

Build it up, you'll have a nice little income and you'll be ok for a long while without any of the farming / off grid meme bullshit
>>
>>38369458
I only put 'eat' in there to make it sound like i was being practical, no one with a heart could actually do it. Even if they grow up to be dickheads...
>>
>>38369433
Actually had a pair of goats a couple of years ago. They escaped within a month and we had to shoot them. I had an uncle that had a herd of goats and a proper fence but they fucking jumped over it and it all ended with slaughter.

If I had to choose, I would probably go with hens and sheep
>>
>>38369435
This has almost nothing to do with the post you're replying to at all.

Please try to restrain your massive inferiority complex and not sperg out.
>>
>>38369532
If you can't handle killing cattle for food and survival, maybe you shouldn't be reading this thread?
>>
>>38369394
>>38369435

Don't talk politics in this thread
>>
File: Cosmo_image.png (206KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmo_image.png
206KB, 601x601px
>r9k
>Outdoors

The only way you'd see those two words in a sentence is if there was a "never goes" between it!
>>
>>38368162
>This anon is living the dream
>Im still getting cucked in the ((((city)))
Godspeed anon, you are living my dream
>>
>>38368162
Basically no, when you're in the middle of nowhere getting stuff costs more money, solar is expensive and so is having the electric company run a line to you. Property taxes every year the amount varies based on location but that's a permanent drain. Getting wood ready for the winter blows, you pretty much need to spend an entire month doing, however this will cause your food gathering ability to go down. On 8k I would say if you are willing to forgo electricity, you could probably do it for a 1 1/2 2 years if you already have all the equipment you need. Also have you thought about digging out a root cellar, this would help mitigate fridge needs?
>>
>>38369660
I grew up on the country side. The reason many of us are on this board is social problems not fear of the outdoors.
Get out of this thread if you are not gonna contribute to the discussion
>>
>>38369620
It has everything to do with it. Only dumbass racist capitalists scream "Shaniqua be stealin muh taxes" This is literally the southern strategy still going strong after all these years of mental retardation.
>>
>>38369649
I'm not the one who brought it up, you dumb nu/shit/ cuck.
>>
>>38369755
it's because they don't realize that there are more whites on welfare
>>
>>38369716
That's not really the case in my country. It's much cheaper to live further north, especially taxes. I haven't bought anything, I'm just looking for property. Root cellars are really common so I don't really need to dig a new one, just find property that already has one. Good idea though.
>>
>>38369778
Muh "He started it"
>>
>>38369869
Get the fuck out. You dumb donaldcancer bring up your right wing bullshit casually on every fucking board, then when someone tells you go get fucked you act like THEY were the one bringing politics into everything. Your autism is not anyone but your parents' responsibility.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.