[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you have fun playing games r9k? Playing games with other

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: socializing.png (386KB, 760x435px) Image search: [Google]
socializing.png
386KB, 760x435px
How can you have fun playing games r9k?

Playing games with other people is frustrating because everybody takes it way too seriously and get pissed off for days when you make a mistake instead of just playing for fun.
Playing games alone is only fun if you're taking it seriously, but if you're shit at games, this makes it not fun.
>>
>yesterday
>play tf2 as medic to help my team cap the control points on a pl map
>finally have uber
>uber a heavy and kill around 5 ppl
>uber ends
>overextend and try to kill 2 snipers
>suck at melee and die
>the heavy said i could have waited for him
>reply with: i guess you could say, i have no patients
>>
File: sNQVuer.jpg (108KB, 736x492px) Image search: [Google]
sNQVuer.jpg
108KB, 736x492px
>>38365439
you sound like the serious one imo. which isn't bad, i mean sincerity is good but

don't take their seriousness so seriously?
and
don't take your own shittyness seriously because it's a journey; skill and understanding take time. you must teach yourself and be proud of that process as you chase your goals and accomplish them. focus on the doing while you strive for your goal/dream, find meaning in the present rather than just the idea/illusion of doing or having/not having.

it's hard to explain perspective and attitude.
>>
>>38365608
I don't care about winning. I care about having fun.
For example, in pubg i wanna do some awesome car flips and laugh when we all crash and burn because of something stupid.
Or in csgo, i just wanna make jokes, talk about life, maybe have a drink, and playing is just something you do to pass time while talking.
But nah, people shh you during the game because they're intensely listening for footsteps. If they die, the instantly want to blame someone else for it.
They start being more and more pissed off with each game, accusing eachother who did what wrong. And generally just playing to win, not to have fun.
An excellent example of people playing to have fun, not to win is soviet womble. They kill eachother during matches, make fun of eachother, and just generally mess around without caring about the win.
But that's not what happens in reality. In reality, people really get competitive and toxic.
>>
>fail at basic shit in real life
>only hobby is video games
>still not very good at them
Why am I not allowed to at least have that?
>>
>>38365808
getting good at anything is a skill in itself, and the more you apply yourself to anything the more things you understand about yourself and how you work and can apply it to anything.

as hanzo says 'through one thing, know ten thousand things'

i think it's because we learn a lot about ourselves through any type of mastery

All types of knowledge, ultimately mean self knowledge. - bruce lee

as uhh, follow a dream, chase that dragon and 'the man who persists in his folly will eventually become wise.' -alan watts
>>
>>38365439
games are a waste of time. they distract you from the problems you have to solve in real life.
>>
>>38365750
Please tell me you just play with your friends and your friends only when you want to blabber about your gam-gam during cs. I don't give a fuck about you for the 90 mins or how long the game is unless you are cool enough and know when to shut it. Play a game where peiple don't need concentration and care that much. That'd like going to a movie theater to chat with your bud. I came here for a reason and you're messing up my mojo. Actually, this just came to me as I was typing this. Play casual or community.

tl;dr Fuck you and know your place.
>>
File: rapunzel-d7yg2e.png (691KB, 580x460px) Image search: [Google]
rapunzel-d7yg2e.png
691KB, 580x460px
>>38365750
I think you care about other people; you're so sweet, like a little sugar lump that'll melt away.

Try to compromise I guess, don't go against the grain of your environment too roughly with that kindness of yours. Or rather choose better environments such as your Soviet Womble, you're smart enough to recognize reality so deal with it and do your best, honestly!
>>
>>38366050
games are a part of life. if i ignore them i'm missing out.

it's gotta be said, priorities matter, don't be an ass because of games for games to yourself or the people around you. help yourself, help others. it's good stuff.
>>
>>38366188
Yes. That's why i said, if you play alone (solo queue), the only fun aspect is playing seriously. Only simple callouts.

>Fuck you and know your place
You sound like someone who can't play for fun and ONLY plays competitively. You probably care about your rank so you can brag about it with other serious friends. That's exactly what i don't like about games.

>>38366190
I lost all my friends 6 years ago when they started playing competitive games. Before we'd talk, laugh, make jokes, we didn't really need games to have fun and hang out. Now they get restless and nervous if they're not playing anything. And they honestly hate eachother. What i notice happens a lot is somebody dies, they say "Wow you're such a retard" and disconnect immediately. I recently tried joining them back because i'm lonely, they stopped playing lol, now they mostly play csgo and other competitive games. I tried playing seriously, got up to eagle rank, but then i realized that this is not fun. I tried making fun of how easily they get triggered, tell them to relax, i always try to lighten the mood, but they just see it as a sign of weakness, and now i'm constantly the target of insults, people telling me how i'm shit, how i don't know how to play. What am i supposed to do? If i genuinely get angry, that kind of defeats the purpose, and i'd be no better than them. If i point it out in a joking manner, they all start picking on me. You can't force people to have fun.
>>
>>38366406
>You can't force people to have fun.

You nailed it. It has to come from them, Spontaneously, Divine, Literally from the Gods.

Your puny mortal will has no direct control over the feelings and wants of anyone.

So keep your eyes open for those divine gifts from above and keep adding new potentially fun people to your friends list. I wish you the best of luck!
>>
>>38365439

Play PVE game

Pvp is shit flame fest
>>
Git gud. Winning is the most fun. It's a team game of course if you selfishly disregard the objective in search of your own fun, people will be mad.
>>
>>38366794

No winning is a waste of time because it's a video game
>>
Play console games, no joke. I've played on both PC and console and people on PC are ALWAYS fags who do nothing but the "meta" and rage hard at teammates for not adhering to it. Or just play singeplayer games.
>>
>>38366406
I don't have friends and I do care about it, but not to brag. I care about the only thing that gives me motivation to become better at.
Oh yeah, I was only being semi-serious when posting that. I understand where you come from and I feel the only way to achieve that is to have good buds or be a streamer. Both of which I want.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.