[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else here have actual ADHD how do you deal with it, or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

File: 1485772423388.jpg (18KB, 366x314px) Image search: [Google]
1485772423388.jpg
18KB, 366x314px
anyone else here have actual ADHD how do you deal with it, or is it just crippling
>>
>>38361380
Actually I may have it, but to confirm it I will need to get a professional diagnosis. I've researched on the Internet many 'mental disorders' to find a reason for my inatentiveness and other shortcomings and frankly speaking only this condition fits me besides depression. It's mostly crippling, makes your life harder if don't try developing skills, that other take for granted. But I love my hyperfocus at times, when nothing matters only a task completion.
>>
>>38361380
I was diagnosed with it

Basically I put all my energy into either focusing at the board or twitch my leg like a motherfucker
>>
>>38361380
Mind over matter. There is no such thing as ADHD.
>>
>>38361896
Mind is matter. The brain is the mind. The brain is physical object.
>>
you could take methyphenidate and become a robot normie or embrace the autism and abuse adderall
>>
It's totally crippling. I was diagnosed recently. I tried dexamphetamine but it just made me high, which is fun but useless for getting any serious work done.
>>
File: C8N7_bVVoAA4NB9.jpg (29KB, 792x960px) Image search: [Google]
C8N7_bVVoAA4NB9.jpg
29KB, 792x960px
DESU my kid (if I have one) is getting diagnosed with ADHD and English second language aka ESL
The amount of skips and cheats these fuckers get just because quacks are fuck awful

people with real adhad deserve breaks cause it's awfuul but half these fuckers are faking
>>
Crippling, can't focus on anything, hinders my life in a negative way

Adderall is fun to get high on but you better have some fucking benzos for the comedown or you'll kill yourself
>>
File: 1499812414706.jpg (79KB, 874x684px) Image search: [Google]
1499812414706.jpg
79KB, 874x684px
>>38361380
I have ADHD (inattentive type) and it's a nightmare
I can't focus on anything for long periods of time without getting lost in thought
Everyone has to repeat every instruction three times before I get it
I feel fucking retarded

My parents could've given me Ritalin as a child but they went the "just bee yourself" route and basically just taught me it's ok to be a moron like me because that's how things are.
Recenty they found out I did a drug recreationally, so I'm afraid to get a Ritalin prescription for when I start uni next year because they'll think I'd just be getting it for recreational use or something.
>>
>>38362521
I was scared too but it went great with my prescription. You should at least try it, you have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work that are like ten other meds you can try. Try them at different dudes too.
>>
>>38362569
I'm gona tell my psych I wanna try.
Thanks, anon. I appreciate your advice.
>>
>>38362521
My parents forced pills I never wanted to take down my throat (figuratively)

It very well might have ruined my life. They never took my input on anything

hell, they were more likely to ask me for general input on the house than something that affected me and me alone
>>
>>38362650
You should know that it might suppress your appetite and thirst so don't forget to drink water and eat all your meals while you're on it.
>>
File: 570570.gif (193KB, 373x307px) Image search: [Google]
570570.gif
193KB, 373x307px
I have diagnosed asperger's syndrome and ADD. It's kinda mixed bag of issues, I can never be sure if it's my autism or attention deficit that is acting up. I was doing OK-ish, but now I'm doing good thanks to my new medication. I've been taking 27mg of Concerta every single day for over a month now, feels good man.

My mouth is dry, heart is racing, hands shaking, can't eat or sleep, but goddamn at least I can concentrate. I can read, play, and program through the whole day like a machine and I won't get tired until the drug wears out. I feel like I'm concentrating for the first time in my life. It's pretty amazing how my thoughts are not overlapping and all cloudy, I can think crystal clearly.

I'm 25 years old and I have never taken prescription drugs before, so my past school success has been pretty bad even though my cognitive capabilities are pretty good. Still, I'm glad I wasn't prescripted this shit when I was a kid, this Concerta stuff is pretty hardcore stuff. It's amphetamine derivative and would surely fuck up children's minds if they were being fed this by their parents and doctors when growing up. I can also finally understand why some people abuse drugs, this stuff really grabs my brain by the balls. Gladly I started to take these now that my puberty has been long over and I don't need to deal with teen angst and shit, those mixed with amphetamines would surely lead to chaos.

I don't get "high" from Concerta, but I can definitely feel that I'm on drugs. It's this kinda hazed yet concentrated feeling. I feel numb and kinda like a zombie. I kinda enjoy this feeling of "no feeling", but something inside my mind tells me I'm not supposed to enjoy this. I know I'm not supposed to get too comfortable with this stuff, after all it's just supposed to support me and not control me. I hope my body doesn't get too used with this stuff or they will have to increase the dosage.
>>
>>38361380
I tried adderall a few months back, and it made me realize that I probably have at least ADD. I was undiagnosed as a child because, frankly, my parents didn't give a single solitary shit about me.
It made me feel normal, awake, alert, and gave me a genuine desire to be productive for the first time in my life.
I've read that it only has that effect if you actually need it, and that people without ADD get severe anxiety, heart palpitations, a feeling of "going crazy," etc.
How do I go about obtaining a prescription?
Are there any decent OTC alternatives?
What about other prescription drugs that are easier to obtain but produce a similar effect?
I don't need a lot, I just want to feel normal and productive like everyone seems to do naturally. How do I even approach this?
>>
File: hulses_internally.jpg (21KB, 345x348px) Image search: [Google]
hulses_internally.jpg
21KB, 345x348px
>>38361380
22yo ADHD sperg here, it's fucking hell.
I can't even harness my spergpowers because the ADHD is interfering.

>>38362521
>I can't focus on anything for long periods of time without getting lost in thought
>Everyone has to repeat every instruction three times before I get it
>I feel fucking retarded
I know that feeling too well.
On Ritalin atm, but it's not really doing anything (30mg).
>>
>>38361896
the fact of the fucking matter is that there can be chemical disorders in the brain, you idiot.
those are called mental illnesses, they exist and you cant just make them go away
>>
I have severe ADD. The lethargic, daydreamy, hypoactive kind. I often stare and even depersonalize or dissociate and have regular memory lapses because my short-term memory is that fucked. It ruined my life beyond hope and developped generalized anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder because of it. It's a curse and if euthanasia was legal, I would probably apply.
>>
>>38364133
You're right. Mind over matter is a meme. Your mind is matter. Free will is also a meme. Genes determine your life.
>>
>>38364976

Environment also plays a role.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/on-the-trail-of-the-orchid-child/
>>
>>38362935
Since this is a thread aimed at people with ADHD, I wonder if anyone took the time to actually read your post.
>>
>>38363397
I was on Ritalin for a while. I just kept upping the dose until the heart palpitations became too much of a nuisance.
>>
>>38363360
>Are there any decent OTC alternatives?
i also wonder this
>>
File: 1470562061868.jpg (26KB, 477x385px) Image search: [Google]
1470562061868.jpg
26KB, 477x385px
>>38366410
Spot on, you glorious fucker.
>>
>>38361380
Just an excuse to sell hyper kids tones down meth
>>
>>38364976
Fuck me in the butt you faggot
>>
Diagnosed ADHD-PI here.

I take my meds. And over the years, I've learned to do things differently than other people. Find study habits that work for me, etc

>>38361896
Nigga what
>>
>>38361380
I have inattentive type w/ some hyperactivity. Desu what everyone else has said, it just makes you feel fucking retarded because you miss everything. A good analogy I heard was that it feels like your brain is a car without power steering. Speaking of driving it can get scary as hell since everything is pretty distracting and you forget what you're doing.
>>
File: 1411401582089.png (79KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1411401582089.png
79KB, 250x242px
>>38361380
>anyone here have an actual made up disorder

lol
>>
>>38363360
>It made me feel normal, awake, alert, and gave me a genuine desire to be productive for the first time in my life.
Eventually it will stop working that well.
It might still be worth it for you, but don't be expecting that feeling to last.
>>
>>38365668
But the way you react to the environment is determined by your genes.
>>
>>38362935
Wtf nigga Concerta barely does anything to me. My worst side effect is my heart rate being faster than usual and dry-mouth. It makes concentrating and living a bit easier but I never get any sort of 'high' or good feeling from it. 36 mg and I think I'm gonna talk to my psych about upping the dose.
>>
>>38366834
It's not fucking made-up.

Anyone who says ADHD doesn't exist is fucking retarded.
>>
>>38361380
A diagnosis is easy as fuck

I have all symptoms and most people around me think im retarded. I didn't get a diagnosis, though. It is useless and anyone can get one.
>>38366834 is right
>>
>>38366899
>Your kid is acting out mam, he stinks like shit and he's shouting at the staff
>Oh don't worry he only has ADHD, it's fine
There's no excuse Anon, ADHD is only an excuse for shit parents
>>
>>38366937
>I'm being retarded on purpose

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2854824/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170216105919.htm
http://theconversation.com/imaging-study-confirms-differences-in-adhd-brains-73117
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/health/adhd-brain-scans-study/
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(17)30049-4/abstract

Gotta go to work.Why don't you give a few of these a read over?
>>
>>38366989
>mainstream propaganda

no thanks
>>
>>38361380
I already kind of wanted to see Aquamarine but now I really want to see Aquamarine.
>>
>>38367012
Do it, it's bretty gud
>>
Have it. Took concerta. Gave me a lot of anger and anxiety to begin with but eventually I tamed it and became better than I were before.
>>
>>38367041
Can I fap to it?
>>
File: 1377226780460.jpg (67KB, 655x817px) Image search: [Google]
1377226780460.jpg
67KB, 655x817px
>>38367008
>Anything that disproves my retarded worldview is subversive propaganda
This is why you are a nigger
>>
>>38367081
>Can I fap to it?

unironically yes
>>
>>38367089
I thought you had to go to "work", fuck off neckbeard
>>
File: (spoons rattling).jpg (46KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
(spoons rattling).jpg
46KB, 540x303px
>>38367102
Just brushing my teeth desu
>>
Get off the dope, meditate, seriously, can focus my mind so sharp now it's not even funny.
>>
>>38367092
>thisiswherethefunbegins.jpg
>>
File: hug.jpg (16KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
hug.jpg
16KB, 500x382px
>>38366823
I have no idea how people with ADHD manage to drive, I'd be a dead man before even getting my license.
It really fucks up your chances at a job.
>>
File: IMG_1022.jpg (63KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1022.jpg
63KB, 1920x1080px
>Almost fail out of Uni due to inability to do almost anything besides scrape by only Biology, Theology, and Rick and Morty.
>Diagnosed with ADD and gets 30 mg Vivance thrown at me.
>Feel like I can actually be human and not take 100 hrs to do a simple task.
>Kinda expensive but at least I don't feel like a fucking disabled potato 24/7.
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>38361380
I took really high dosages of ritalin when I was like 16-17, and I think I destroyed my prefrontal cortex even more by that. Now I'm doing meth.
>>
>>38361820
It can also be autism tho
>>
>lol ADHD isn't real you're just lazy
I always laugh it off when my friends make jokes about ADD/ADHD but it really pisses me off
and I hate it even more when people say to just focus harder
like, oh jeez, never thought of doing that, thanks for the protip
>>
>>38367976
I doubt that, I'm just an introvert especially now quite unsociable, but I like coming off as an autistic person, faking not getting a clue so normies let me off the hook, letting me be, since I have never really like putting too much energy into interractions, but I'm good at reading ppl in general.

ADHD robots how do you deal with impulsivity? Do you also have hard time sticking to for example one career path, hobby? I've just too many ideas, but every time I get bored after some time and switch to sth else...
>>
>>38361380
I smoked weed, it unironically cured my social autism and adhd, idk if it's the weed itself that cured the social autism or if it's just because I was hanging around others while smoking, but I found I picking up on social queues more and more. Weed definitely fixed the adhd however, actually calmed me down pretty good. Actually focused on getting one thing done at a time
>>
ADHD is the reason why I still drive manual cars. The thought that they're close to extinction makes me cringe.
>>
I hate the cycling. Every night I always tell myself
"I'll start working out tomorrow"
"I'll apply to some jobs tomorrow"
"I'll actually sit down and enjoy my hobbies tomorrow"
But then tomorrow comes and I never get anything done. I'm taking adderal as well but it just seems to make me hyperfocus on all of the wrong things.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.