[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone on /r9k/ live in a ghetto/dangerous city? Those who

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: ghettolove1.jpg (95KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
ghettolove1.jpg
95KB, 640x432px
Does anyone on /r9k/ live in a ghetto/dangerous city? Those who do, do you have any interesting stories from your experience there?
>>
Sometimes when i go out,i see a dog. He barks and walks off. Also,i saw a cat yesterday. I pet her and now she follows me.
>>
I lived in Phoenix for a while. Drugs and gangs everywhere.
>>
i live in san bernardino, the craziest shit goes down here
>>
>>38358839
drug dealers on every corner , casual gun selling addicts that will sell a gun for 5$ just to get a little bit of cash , robbers at 3am carrying fridges, tvs and even furniture , 4 liquor stores in a single street and sometimes a raid on a crackhouse or drug joint

im not from the states btw
>>
I live in the Bronx but it's not that bad. A couple of years ago some dude was shot and killed in front of my apartment building. Another time a dude was wandering around after being stabbed, the police were fucking questioning him before he got treated.
>>
File: 09.jpg (88KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
88KB, 1334x1000px
I've spent the last month in and around Mexico City.

There are absolutely dreadful neighborhoods here, but they're easy to avoid. Taking certain precautions at night drastically reduces the likelihood of victimization by muggers or other petty thieves.

I've also spent not-insignificant amounts of time in Bogota, Medellin, Managua, and Quito.

I lived in New Delhi for close to two years, but the city itself isn't very dangerous for men. The bad areas with carjacking and robbery problems, like Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh, have zero to do or see. Nobody goes there unless they've a reason to.

Passed through the outskirts of Mosul in 2013, too. That was before ISIS. I didn't enter the city proper, but it was still really fucking spooky to be so close to a place that had, even then, a terrible reputation.

I'm from mid-Michigan and TBQH I feel a lot more comfortable in places like CDMX, Bogota, etc, than I do in Detroit or Flint.
>>
>>38359464
how do you get to see so much of the world?
>>
>>38358999
>san bernardino
>the fucking suburbs
really anon
>>
>>38358912
What race were the gangs? Probably mostly Mexican, huh? Any white gang members?
>>
>>38359759

Work hard, save money, and make travel a priority.

I'm not picky about where I go, either. For instance, I flew to Colombia a while back because the flight was the lowest fare out of my local airport. Had a fantastic time and realized I wanted to see more of Latin America, a region I'd previously avoided due to its proximity to the United States (sounds stupid, but I felt like it was all too close to home to be worthwhile).

I've pretty steadfastly avoided accruing debt and also have some freelance work I can do from anywhere to make an income while abroad.

Only downside is I'm graduating university quite late, but whatever. One of my close friends didn't get his degree until he's 26 and he's in medical school now.
>>
>>38359977
What do you do for freelance work? I always wanted to travel and see the world, probably as a photographer or traveling musician but don't have much chance of making that a reality without a great camera and photography skills or a band to organize a tour with
>>
>>38359926
not him, but san bernardino is one of the poorest ghetto shit holes in all of california
>>
>>38360156

Writing.

I make between $1500 and $2500 per month. It's not a fortune - I'll be happy when I graduate and earn more - but it's enough to be comfortable in developing countries or live on a shoestring in Europe.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170713-222305.png (746KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170713-222305.png
746KB, 720x1280px
>>38360254
looks pretty nice to me
>>
>>38358839
Brown male k/v handholdless virgin here. I used to live in one until I was 17. Here is my interesting story:

When I was 8 or so, a blonde haired white girl around my age moved in down my street. There were a couple white people in the city, but a girl my age? That was unbelievable, yet there she was, on my street too.

I was in love with white people, so naturally I started fantasizing about being with her. One morning, as I was waiting at my bus stop, I looked up, saw a blonde pony tail, and there she was. I was about 20 feet from her. She was facing the street and away from me. She was close to the curb, and there was like this radioactive space around her that no one occupied. Her stance was rigid.

I saw someone who was uncomfortable and maybe sad, maybe lonely, maybe scared, and she hadn't made any friends yet. This was the perfect in for me. The ghetto is tough and scary, but I was one of the nice ones, and I had no doubt whatsoever that I could make her comfortable. So, did I march over there and introduce myself? No, of course not. Judging by how close she was standing to the curb and how focused she seemed to be on waiting for her bus, I also saw someone who wanted to get out of there as soon as possible, someone who wouldn't want thirsty black or brown ghetto people coming up to her, and if I was the first one to do so, I'd be the biggest, thirstiest loser of them all in her eyes and everyone else's, so I couldn't do it. I let her go, and I never saw her again. Her family moved out not long after that.

Interesting story, right?
>>
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (935KB, 1684x833px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
935KB, 1684x833px
>>38360436
>that barren ghetto landscape

nah, bro. Here's what nice neighborhood in California looks like.
>>
Yeah, but sometimes I didn't even realize I was living in a bad area.

Want to know if you are in the ghetto? Light a cigarette, and for every person who begs you for one add a point. If it's over 3 you should probably leave before getting shot.

Other fun ghetto clues-
There a lot of unsupervised children
An ice cream truck comes by constantly
People look 10 times their age
Good ol' needles in the bushes
Cops put their spot light thing on you when you walk around at night
Laundry detergent is behind glass or security tagged
Lots of cash only business
People just sort of walk in front of cars for some reason
Nicknames
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 960x540px
On the canadian Rez here drunks and drugs everywhere
>>
>>38362186
Haha, oh man. I remember watching a show where it was just mile after mile of those houses given to indians and they sold meth from house to house when the cops closed in.

Funny thing is they looked pretty comfy. Like, cramped and full of squalor but comfy for some reason.
>>
>>38361894
if your going to samefag atleast put some effort to make it not so obvious
>>
I can confirm that San Bernadino is a shithole
I live in the nice areas of CA
>>
File: whack.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
whack.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>38362186
i drive through the rez daily, ive spotted more than a few druggies blacked out (or dead) in a ditch
>mrw
>>
>>38362394
that was my only google maps post in this thread, bro.
>>
I lived in a poverty ridden place when I was a kid. Not really interesting but here it goes:

Night time, 2 houses away from us, I can hear a quarreling couple for 30 mins then complete silence. Me looking at the window because of a yellowish glow, I see the neighbor's house burning. Houses were spaced tightly so I thought our house was done for but the firefighters arrived on time. It turned out to be murder and arson. The male suspect at large killed his female partner. I saw the female's body like a half-cooked bbq while the firefighters recovered it from the debris.

I also saw someone getting hacked with a 2-foot machete and still walking like a bloodied zombie. The husband hacked the wife's lover. I don't know if the guy survived.

Two military colonels were ambushed and their cars riddled with bullets by the insurgents in diff. instances. One of the passengers was a pregnant daughter, also dead on the spot. My family were close to both the colonels and their families.

The front neighbor's house was raided by the cops because he sells meth. Cops didn't find the evidence since it was on a jacket behind the door which they didn't check, kek. My neighbor emmigrated to Canada now with a good life and is working there as a physical therapist.

Some of the kids are drunk or high due to meth, cough syrup or contact cement, even the pre-teen ones.
>>
File: 1494181868585.png (158KB, 437x435px) Image search: [Google]
1494181868585.png
158KB, 437x435px
>>38361282
You're a good anon, here's a fist-bump *fist-bump*
>>
>>38359464
Is it worth visiting India and how much did it cost you to live there?
>>
File: WP_20170714_01_36_10_Pro_LI.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170714_01_36_10_Pro_LI.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
Almost got ran over by a taxi
>>
>>38358839
I live in Detroit. It's not that dangerous thanks to the second amendment.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.