[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychopathy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1497944699028.jpg (249KB, 740x980px) Image search: [Google]
1497944699028.jpg
249KB, 740x980px
Me empathy and emotional dependence is destroying my life and sanity. I have always wanted to be a psychopath and not care so much or at all for the people arouns me, but I can't.

Anyone here a psychopath? Is it genetical or is it possible to achieve it?
>>
>>38351418

Your inner turmoil is caused by your emotional wants being unfulfilled, leading you to believe it would be better if you could somehow just find an "off" switch to your emotions.

This is erroneous for a number of reasons. Psychopathy or Anti-social personality disorder is a mental illness with severe harmful implications for ones life and mental state. It's not an emotional off switch or a tool for life advancement. Contrary Psychopaths are most commonly unemployed, suicidal, drug abusers or self harmers.

But that's beside the point. Whats important is how we fix what's wrong with you. How we pinpoint the cause of your problems and alleviate them.

You want a quick fix. An "off switch."
Mental health and happiness however is more like creating sand art. Wiping away the bad, and starting again until you find what's right. It's a long process but it can yield great results.
>>
>>38351418

I'll emphasise again, wanting to achieve psychopathy, (if it were even possible) would be akin to wanting to throw your car in a lake because the upholstery was stained. I'm sure technically the upholstery wouldn't have that particular stain anymore but the entire car would now be almost irreparably damaged.

To carry the metaphor further what you need is a "cleaning professional" and there are even some things you can do yourself to remove the stains that are troubling you.
>>
>>38351418
Brain damage can cause it actually.

But it's the sociopaths that are in control of their lives. Psychopaths have no impulse control so they get caught easy.
>>
>>38352005
>You want a quick fix. An "off switch."
>Mental health and happiness however is more like creating sand art. Wiping away the bad, and starting again until you find what's right. It's a long process but it can yield great results.

It could yield great results, but it could also not. This is why I am to try different methods as far as my current mind state can allow.

As you said, psychopaths are generally much more miserable that neurotypicals, because the cons are more than the pros. But what if one is able to ""steal"" some of the pros of certain disorders and achieve a better quality of life?

When something fails repeatedly, people tend to try something different.
>>
>>38352142

Not true. Sociopaths is the colloquial term for someone exhibiting less severe signs of anti-social personality disorder although they exist on the same spectrum as a what are called "psychopaths."

Both exhibit introverted behaviour, poor social skills, high rates of substance abuse, manipulate and deviant behaviour, and chronic lying, and suicidal ideation is common.

I particularly hate the "psychopaths/sociopaths are superheroes" meme." Its defined as a mental illness as a reason.

Regardless of what some pop psychologist trys to sell in their book or TV show.
>>
>>38351418
you're going to get a lot of edgy self diagnosed faggots posting in this thread who probably just had the shit tier version of psychopathy (sociopathy) which is literally just autism x100.

Basically, psychopathy is sort of both genetic and environmental, you can have the capability to be a psychopath in you genetically but usually this needs to be "activated" through childhood trauma or generally shitty parents, single mothers are a good bet at giving you conduct disorder which can potentially lead to psychopathy.

Basically, if you're not there already you're pretty much fucked, your best bet is seeing a shitload of suffering or having a traumatic event that causes you to block out your emotions but you will never be able to not have them completely.

Sociopathy is mainly environmental I'm pretty sure but like I said it is pretty shit tier since you still have autistic tantrums and cant properly blend into society. If you want more info check out the wikipedia page for psychopathy.
>>
>>38352104
I guess you are right that if I were to meet the medical criteria of a psychopath, it would be counterproductive.

But what if I am able to partly adopt their lack of guilt and empathy. Aren't guilt and empathy a spectrum?
>>
>>38352146

>But what if one is able to ""steal"" some of the pros of certain disorders and achieve a better quality of life?

>When something fails repeatedly, people tend to try something different.

I understand that. Trying the same thing repeatedly and hoping for different results is said jokingly to be the definition of insanity itself.

There is no real way to "steal" pros of disorders. Disorders are essentially mixtures of atypical behaviours or traits that cause trouble, danger, or distress in ones life.

The brain works by developing patterns. Sometimes it develops the wrong ones. Pathological behabiours and patterns that become hard to break from and seem to become "a partof you."

When someone is exhibiting these signs we have to break the cycle of the behaviours and traits. Start new ones.
Is extremely difficult in the beggining because your brain is telling you "no this is wrong, this is not what I usually think/do" but eventually repeating positive actions, thoughts and behaviours on a strict schedule will normalise it.

The simplest example would a sleep schedule. Or an exercise routine. Some other behaviour therapy is more complex and requires alot of introspection but at its core if you want to "steal" the good traits then you have to normalise them as part of your behaviour and routine by repeating them.
>>
>>38352267
Psychopaths retard rage.

Sociopaths literally lack a proper amount of empathy.
>>
>>38351418
Uh oh moms gonna freak!
>>
>>38352445
>When someone is exhibiting these signs we have to break the cycle of the behaviours and traits. Start new ones.
>Is extremely difficult in the beggining because your brain is telling you "no this is wrong, this is not what I usually think/do" but eventually repeating positive actions, thoughts and behaviours on a strict schedule will normalise it.

I hope you are right, though after repeating for a while these positive actions and behaviours with a certain objective that doesn't get met, a person is left demoralized and goes back to his old unhealthy ways. Change requires a lot of energy and a person doesn't just spend it that easily. Though even if it sounds bad, it is not like there is much of a choice. The options are on the table.
>>
>>38351418
better not cut on that edge, anon
you dont wanna scare mummy
>>
>>38351418
You don't have to be a psychopath for that OP, you just need to have low empathy.
I don't know if it can be learned, but I'm currently at the sweet spot of empathy where I care enough about some people to not be a monster, but not care enough to waste my time on strangers. Plus the death of loved ones doesn't really bother me that much.
>>
>>38353581
Were you always like this?
If not, what changed your perception?
>>
File: image.png (461KB, 674x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
461KB, 674x666px
>>38351418
I used to know a psychopath. Not an edgy "hur hur I fantasize about shooting people" I mean a real dangerous psychopath.

Watch American Psycho. He's very smart and well educated, is smooth in social situations and is good looking, yet there's something wrong with him. He's manipulative and knows how to outsmart other people. He may be social, but if you notice there's something off about his smile. It's forced. When you speak to him he analyzes your words rather than casually listening. He's delusional and thinks he can figure out people 100% and snaps into a rage when he realizes you're too smart to be his puppet.

Too smart to date him. Kindly declining his offers for a first date no matter how hard he tries to "run into" you, and tells you how much his job pays so he can spoil you. Then when you sternly tell him stop he storms away, but follows you to work and shows up looking pale and nervous.

His voice is shaking, he's wearing disposable plastic gloves, rubber rain boots, and is tightly gripping something in his inner jacket pocket. You almost faint.

No edgelord on R9K will ever relate to that man. If you think you're a psychopath then you aren't one, because they don't see themselves as crazy. They see themselves as smart.
>>
>>38353702
I think I remember your story in one of those stalker threads.

gtfo reee
>>
>>38353702
You reseatching him? I bet he is in jail for murder at this point
>>
>>38353657
Not when I was younger, but I'm not sure what lead me to be this way. It might partly be because I generally dislike and can't relate to most people.
>>
>>38351418
Do you go outside much or even work, anon?
>>
>>38352005
>how we fix what's wrong with you
What if it can't be fixed?
>>
>>38353702
>I used to know a psychopath. Not an edgy "hur hur I fantasize about shooting people" I mean a real dangerous psychopath.

Share some stories about this person
>>
>>38353837
This is my fourth month wagecucking and living on rent (temporarily) and I do not go outside. Still dependent, thogh.
>>
File: 1487813601513.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487813601513.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
>>38353958
No wonder why you're depressed, because anyone would be in that situation.

Change your 4chan habit to working out and trying to find a better job than as a wageslave
>>
File: 1487887048099.jpg (115KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487887048099.jpg
115KB, 700x900px
Chasing sluts is weakness. Don't be that guy who tries too hard for the acceptance of others, nobody will respect you

Promode: have a life worth sharing and an attitude worth being around. Be who you are. If people don't like who you are, they're not the right people to have in your life. Surround yourself with people you trust and have fun with and hope for the best.
>>
>>38351418
I'm a psychopath, inb4 "edgelord self diagnoser"
I was diagnosed when I was 16 after my parents were concerned with a lack of motivation, concern, and even general feelings. Several psych evaluations and counselors later, I'm diagnosed with psychopathy. It's a trade off, you don't feel sad, or give a shit most of the time, but you also don't feel, so happiness isn't on the table either, apart from basal human desires, sex specifically.
>>
>>38352005
The fucking problem is once you have what you want, you want something else since it's been "fulfilled."

Fulfilled maybe, but not fulfilling.
>>
>>38354131
Don't you think that your basal human desires are actually happiness?
Drugs, sex, playing with people like its vidya
Those bring you satisfaction and this is happiness.

>>38354098
By dependancy, I mean specifically to my family. Not society nor roasties (for now)

As for being myself teehee, I cannot bare the emotional pain and guilt that I get from disappointing my parents.
>>
>>38351418
It's physically impossible to become a psychopath because it is something you're born with. You can't acquire it.

However you can become a sociopath. Sociopathy simply refers to a lack of a conscience (eg. no empathy, guilt, shame, remorse, etc.) although they can form emotional bonds with others.
Although to acquire sociopathy you would either have to experience trauma in childhood that results in those parts of the brain simply never developing as response to the traumatic situation, or suffer physical trauma to the brain that would damage it. So good luck on that one.
>>
>>38354518
Wasn't sociopathy just a lighter version of paychopathy? They are both on the spectrum of APSD
>>
>>38354774
Yes, they are both manifestations of antisocial personality disorder, and psychopathy is generally more severe than sociopathy as it comes with other implications besides antisocial behavior.
Generally speaking, psychopathy refers to antisocial behavior caused by genetic and biological factors innate the organism, while sociopathy refers to antisocial behavior caused by emotional or physical trauma that damaged the brain or altered its development from what is normal in the culture.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.