[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who wants to make game

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1459706218241.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1459706218241.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
im a game dev with no ideas

who wants to make a game with me? I've actually released stuff and know what im doing / have lots of assets. Just no ideas and I'm too depressed to have fun so it's hard to come up with them.
>>
depends what kind of games you make, what do you have experience with?
>>
>>38349740
I use Unreal Engine 4, so 3D mostly. I can do many genres though. my specialty is space stuff and VR.
>>
>>38349715
I come with new ideas almost every day,very inspired, contact me on discord Nameless#8529
>>
I want to make a game on the sega saturn. The hardware is quirky as fuck, the official sdk with docs leaked a long time ago, plus I want to write native code for once. Imagine how much the nu-male hipster piece of shit would enjoy that?
>>
>>38349715
can I join your group as a casual contributor? never worked with unreal though, mostly just mess around with unity. I'm pretty good at 3D modeling though.
>>
>>38349715
An online multiplayer game where anonymous players vote on how to rule over procedurally generated islands. Call it PolytheisTactics or some shit.
>>
>>38349715
No. I've tried this before with people on r9k.
Two ways it will play out.

Way 1: It doesn't get off the ground.
Way 2: The OP and a close friend will make this kinda thread and get people to create models, animation ect and then they'll steal it, block you, ghost you and sell it on the Squid.
>>
>>38349832
I don't blame you for thinking this way, and you're probably right (about it not getting off the ground anyway, I have no intentions of robbing stuff. I doubt anyone here can produce anything that match my standards anyway, people here aren't professionals and if they are they'll have their own projects, not join this random shit)

I just want to dev. you never know where this might go. I'm so tired of doing it alone.
>>
>>38349715

Something casual with magical girls killing each other.

Make it a turn based strategy game. Units (individual girls) can be acquired for free or with money. You get beefy close range units, healers, long range attackers, except they're all little girls in weird outfits with oversized weapons and shit.
>>
>>38349861

I do professional animation but do modelling as a hobby.

I've replied to 4 of these threads seriously and been invited by the OP into the group with the others.

Twice it's just failed, the other two times all the contributors were used for models and stuff and then we were ghosted but found out our stuff was now on TurboSquid.
>>
>>38349715
3d multiplayer pong
>>
>>38349894
It's not surprising when groups fail, game dev is a lot of work. Robbing you is pretty lame though.

Don't join me I guess. I don't even really have a plan here and if you're actually an artist, that's the number one red flag for a project - no plan. I'd only join a team that has a solid GDD and a prototype. I can make those things I just need the idea first to toy around with and make a prototype.
>>
>>38349715
could you make iphone / android / tablet games? I have some ideas.
>>
File: IMG_3056.jpg (64KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3056.jpg
64KB, 672x372px
Another VtM game would be super

But that would require voice acting too.
>>
>>38349996
are you op? I have a game idea, how do we prevent it from being stolen
>>
File: 1499928146638.jpg (42KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1499928146638.jpg
42KB, 520x390px
>>38349715
show some examples of your work
>>
>>38349996
Sorry but what the fuck exactly are you looking for? people to give you game ideas or people to work with? you haven't actually said anything or given your contact info. Also why not go to an actually popular game dev community if you're this desperate, just seems like you're shit posting.
>>
i am always looking for new, good metroid-like gaymes to play. make one of those, or learn ASM and become the king of Super Metroid romhacks.
>>
>>38350021
Yes, I have an android gaming tablet and have made a few games for it.. nothing i ever bothered selling because I have high standards for releasing stuff but I've done a lot of dicking around.

>>38350038
To be blunt, your idea isn't worth stealing. And if it is, it's still a significant amount of time to build the game. People all have tons of their own ideas, they're not going around stealing ideas and building games, really. well maybe. I don't know. I never share that concern.
>>
>>38350054
I dunno what I'm looking for anon. Just seeing where the internet takes me. Maybe nowhere.

>Also why not go to an actually popular game dev community

hahah, i'd rather pry my eyes out with a fork
>>
>>38350030
I was so fucking pissed when this game got canceled NINE YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT JUST TO REALIZE THE DEV TEAM HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE DOING THE ENTIRE TIME THAT IT WAS ALL UNUSABLE AND THEN JUST COMPLETELY CANCEL THE GAME.
>>
>>38349715
>. Just no ideas and I'm too depressed to have fun
well this actually does sound legit if you make games for a living
>>
>>38350082
what the fuck does that even mean? that's like saying you'd rather pry your eyes out instead of using stack overflow as a programmer.

You literally are just shit posting, you're aware of that right?
>>
A Simplified KSP style game for mobile
>>
>>38350105
I don't think you realize how bad game dev communities are

I unironically would rather work with r9k

I guess I'm shitposting? I'm not lying though and I feel like my thread is less shitty than many. Feel free to go enjoy the rest of what r9k has to offer though.
>>
>>38349715
Military based moba
>>
>>38350069
I just gave a good idea above
>38349922
>>
>>38350128
I'll make a game with you if you don't mind working with a depressed meme of a manchild.
>>
Remember if any of you decide to help make sure to talk about P A Y M E N T
>>
>>38349715
Skyrim type RPG that isn't a fking console port, with many types of weapons and complex magi system and comboing skills.
I'd rather work alone on it so i do what i like desu.
>>
>>38349756

space stuff is pretty cool

you can try to cash in on the battle royale hype by making a space version

would be pretty cool. check out shattered skies for inspiration how how the movement and combat could be
>>
>>38350160
I unironically was thinking of actually making this
>>
>>38349996
Since you are using ue4 why dont you contribute to the new unreal tournament? its being developed by the makers of the engine along with the ut community. everyone can contribute.
>>
What if we made a robot simulator? You could pick a type of robot (NEET, namespace, student, etc) and the game is going through the day to day and trying to get a girlfriend. The antagonists should include Tyrone, Chad, the Firm Handshake, etc.
>>
>>38350421
Chrome auto corrected wageslave to namespace
>>
>>38350301
Interesting Idea. I have done multiplayer space combat before and he the assets. Problem with it is getting a player count and space is kind of niche.
>>
>>38350030
It's so cruel that game got canceled. I kind of figured it might when I got into the beta for Dust514 after waiting for that to come out for years. CCP really did have a cool idea for Dust to merge with Eve but the game style they went with a really primitive early 360 game for it's gameplay basis, that original game didn't do well with players in terms of gathering a cult following.

I'd fucking love to see a new masquerade game.
>>
>>38349715
make the spiritual sequel of depression quest
>>
>>38350460

just give keys to streamers they love that shit and they bring the players with them
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.