[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you miss the most about the internet from 10+ years ago?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Classic Hentai.jpg (149KB, 720x629px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Hentai.jpg
149KB, 720x629px
What do you miss the most about the internet from 10+ years ago?
>>
>>38349689
i miss old youtube
>>
RuneScape when it was still good
>>
>>38349720
I miss when youtube didn't exist
>>
i miss old neopets
>>
>websites not being bloated with 5000 lines of mostly unnecessary javascript
>people not getting offended about everything (both leftists and rightists)
>>
myincesthentai

comments were too damn funny actually
>>
>>38349689
i miss when you could joke about the president without starting a political flamewar
>>
>>38349689
Homestar runner lol. I miss the good old days
>>
>>38349689
good gpt sites

orfoinalaio
>>
>>38349689
Windows XP

AOL IM

Runescape

Forums/new grounds/albino black sheep/xgenstudios

YOUTUBE without ADs
>>
>>38349689
I miss forums
>>
Yahoo Chat back when it was populated. Back then everyone on the net were kinda the outsiders in their schools (I was in HS early 99-03). Then it all dried up and the normies took over with early social media about '05.
>>
>>38349689
The distinct lack of normalfags.
>>
>tfw lemon demon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA
>>
Not having a god damn embarrassing facebook I feel insecure about deleting that's for sure
>>
>>38351370
Today has been worse than usual, it will be b soon. Where should we flee?
>>
>>38349689
>fucktons of adware toolbars that we installed because we didn't know any better
>>
The distinct lack of millions of shitty memes.
>>
>>38349689
Not everything was bloated spyware, and sites didn't rape your asshole with ads.
>>
>>38349689
browser and flash games being the shit, also runescape and adventurequest
>>
>thread: youngfags pretending to be interwebz vets
>>
>>38351584
You don't have to be a webvet to see that most of the internet went to shit since 2008.
>>
>>38350602
>people not getting offended about everything (both leftists and rightists)
this a million times
>>
>>38351460
any other anonymous image board besides 4chan you mongrel
>>
>>38349689

I remember learning in school back in 2007 to never use your real name on the internet.

Now everything wants to connect to your facebook.
Games, apps and even comment sections wants your irl info.
I miss anonymity
>>
>>38349689
The challenge of finding stuff you're searching for.
>>
>>38353128
testing niggers
>>
Forums, having a name and a bio and that was it, you make friends everyday and have a social fun life

now its all social networks, you must use your real name, post your face, only add people you "know" irl, talk to nobody cause you don't know nobody, being forced to have a social life to show and post interesting stuff to amuse your normie relatives otherwise being tagged as a creep

also I miss msn, I used to have like 30 qts to talk there, now I have none and havent had a chat since 2013
>>
File: 1499786529063.jpg (123KB, 886x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499786529063.jpg
123KB, 886x960px
>>38350697
I miss Bush, because everyone under 30 hated him, so he was free to be meme'd. Obama and Bush have army's of redditors that will come to their aid whenever a joke is made.
>>
i miss the users of the old internet.
i don't miss the actual old internet because it was fail and aids.
>>
when neopets wasnt an empty, abandoned (by the owners) husk. also when i was young enough to really enjoy half of it
>>
>>38349720
>old YouTube
Fucking baby
If you wpdidn't start with MOOs and MuDs you an't shit caption
>>
I miss being young and full of hope.
>>
>>38352703
>I miss anonymity
This is what I miss most.

Being able to tell a retarded nigger he's being a retarded nigger without television stations digging into you and finding your real fucking name.

I got let go from a job in 2012 for some shit I said online. It's the fucking internet, but normies think it's srsbsns and real life. I miss when it was "just the internet".
>>
>>38350602
It's so strange. I remember growong up my parents telling me never to trust anyone or anything I read on the internet. I learned why because people will say anything to get a rise out of you, usually playfully but it seems extreme compared to what you say in real life.
Then suddenly everyone was up in arms whenever some asshole got "death threats" or some shit. It's as if sometime between 2005-2010 everyone forgot what the internet was and we psychologically regressed.
>>
>>38349689
retards not saying "baka" "senpai" "desu" etc
>>
>>38355551
>>38350602
>>38350697
>>38350763
>>38351370

All of this oreganoloio
>>
File: baka baka.png (75KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
baka baka.png
75KB, 256x256px
>>38355941
baka desu senpai 2bh pham
>>
>>38356004
gay ass noob
>>
It wasn't as full of hate
>>
>>38349689
I miss how the internet was something that the average user didn't take too seriously ("lol internet"). People who got into heated arguments on the internet used to be ridiculed - now they're respected.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.