[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Australians on here? How much would it cost to live alone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 90329050923059.jpg (110KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
90329050923059.jpg
110KB, 700x700px
Any Australians on here?

How much would it cost to live alone in a house or apartment (mortgage free, rent free) per month?

Can it be done on autism bux? ($1760/month)
>>
File: cunt.png (113KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.png
113KB, 600x686px
U srs m7+1
>>
>>38339754
Live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, buy a tiny piece of land and live in a few shipping containers/cheaply made sheds. If you don't have high standards for living, then you can live for next to nothing.

Alternatively, and this is only for a select few, you can find somewhere remote in the bush, bring building equipments and get a free place to live, where you virtually guaranteed to be undistributed, and the chances of even seeing someone else are next to none.

And if you get kicked off the land, go somewhere else.
>>
>>38339754
you dont need any more time alone mate
>>
The cheapest place i know of in a 14k population country town is $140 pw in the sketchy parts plus bond.
Whats your situation OP?
>>
You can live in my shed for 1760 a month if you want. It's not waterproof but you'll live
>>
>>38339754
>morgage free, rent free
I'm a kiwi, but over here you could live that way on about 350 NZD. 50 a week for food, 150 a month for bills. Rent composes by far the largest chunk of anyone's living costs, I don't know what things are like in aus but if you don;t have to pay rent you could probably manage that pretty easily as long as you don't spend money on anything stupid.
>>
>>38339754
I lived in one of the cheapest areas of NSW and I still could not do it.

I leased a $180 a week room in Newcastle and could barely get by.

I had a strict budget for food and utilities and I had ZERO left over by the end of my pay fortnight. If one single thing went wrong such as needing to buy a new pair of $10 kmart shoes then I was FUCKED.

Need to pay for the bus? NOPE
Need to go on an unexpected train ride? NOPE
You sick and need medicine for $15? NOPE

You can't do it anon. I would never go back to those days.
>>
>>38339754
Thank god, an Australian thread. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one.
I've heard Brisbane apartments are super cheap at the moment. Sydney, you're fucked. Melbourne, if you wanna buy in it could be at least 400k for a normal apartment or around 200 bucks pw on rent if you live somewhere nice designed for one person.
>>
Without rent it should be easy, i make less than that and rent my own flat and still have disposable income.
>>
In Sydney suburbs. Should I install a $15,000 granny flat out in the backyard? I could rent it for about $200 a week and live off that.
>>
>>38341196
Of course you should. You could have it paid off in 2 years. But I doubt you will get a granny flat for $10,000 unless it's a prefab timber piece of shit.

It would be over $10,000 for the services and their fixtures.
>>
>>38339754
I live in the Boston area, one of the most expensive places in the US. Debt free, $1700/month could get you a nice place near the city. Outside Boston you'd have even more money for toys.

I'm fairly certain you'll be fine anywhere.
>>
I'm confused because OP's question appears to be asking whether he can live alone without having to pay for accommodation, but lots of people are responding about rent.

If I'm understanding OP correctly, then he has $1760 to spend a month without having to worry about rent?

That's $58 a day. You could easily live off that.

Internet = $2 a day ($60 unlimited plan)
Electricity\Water = $10 a day MAX (this would be using a lot of power)
Clothes = $6 a day (assuming you spend 2k a year on clothes, this would be a lot I'd think)
Leaving you $40 a day. You could buy 3 meals a day with that and never have to cook yourself, if you cooked for yourself, you could probably spend $20 a day or something.

If you plan adequately and don't overspend, this should be doable.
>>
>>38339754
There is no chance if you want to live in Melbourne or Sydney with that amount.
>>
>>38339754
ah yeah nah don't come here mate
don't want you cunts tryne shag me sheeila
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.