[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thinking about starving myself. anybody have any experience with it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1499751982154.png (260KB, 593x635px) Image search: [Google]
1499751982154.png
260KB, 593x635px
thinking about starving myself.

anybody have any experience with it?
>>
Usually I just end up eating something because I'm getting less sad when I don't eat
>>
Tried eating around 800 calories every day for a week straight.
Got really lethargic and only lost 1lb.

I also think it triggered occular migraines. Never had a migraine before but started to see flashing lights in my eyes for about 20 minutes and when it went away I had a really bad headache and nausea for a few hours. Happened twice in two days.
>>
My advice is if you're going to do it you really need to not get too excited by how easy it really is.

The trap I always fall into is losing a ton of weight in two weeks then thinking to myself "wow that was easy" and then putting it all back on instead of staying on track with my goals.

Much easier than starvation is just eating like 800 calories a day or so if you're lazy.
If you have the willpower or like doing things, you could try exercising too but don't include that in your calorie tracking.
>>
>>38336679
In high school I used to go 4-5 days without any food and only drink soda and minutmade
>>
>>38336679
my longest fast was 7 days. you'll live.
>>
>>38336679
Waste of time your body will force you to eat something eventually.
>>
develop crippling depression

at my worst i would literally eat, like, a burrito per day and not even feel hungry
>>
>>38336917
do you know how many fucking calories are in burritos are you retarded wtf
>>
File: 1499773311353.png (58KB, 410x446px) Image search: [Google]
1499773311353.png
58KB, 410x446px
Buy caffeine pills and vitamins at your local protein shop.

Binge on caffeine. That shit kills your appetite, but you may feel bad if you stay awake for too long.
Though, in my experience, after the first day and night awake, body weight starts dropping at a crazy rate. You only gotta deal with occasional short blackouts from sleep deprivation
>>
i was a lil overweight so i started starving myself back in the middle of 2016 and ive lost 25 pounds so far so yes it works n its easy just make sure u dont have food in the kitchen cuz if u r like me u wont be able to control urself around chips or chocolate
>>
>>38336679
It really doesn't work. Just makes you miserable, and then you binge.

It's all about self control and proper nutrients. Micronutrients are super important, and you need to balance your macronutrients (carbs, fat, protein). Eat high protein and relatively high fat, as well as virtually no carbs, or at least, as few as possible. You want your body to get into fat-burning mode, so take away the more useful energy (carbs), and it'll go for your fat reserves. That's what they're there for. Starvation does work sometimes, but it's mostly genetic.

t. someone who lost 60 pounds in the past year
>>
File: Absolutely disgusting hitler.jpg (25KB, 214x265px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely disgusting hitler.jpg
25KB, 214x265px
>>38336950
300 at worst? I'm thinking a microwave burrito though.
>>38336952
This is a terrible idea, you'll end up with a heart attack if you do this improperly. Holy shit all of your methods are like "This is going to kill you".
>>38337697
Yeah, and you're probably not getting proper nutrition. You need to keep your strength up.
>>38337771
I'm claiming this post by the way.
>>
>>38336950
If you're in a position to be losing weight, it's still less than what you need to consistently lose weight

I'm about 218 lbs, 6'2. Today I had a chicken sandwich, two slices of cheese pizza, and a beer. I'm still on track calorie wise to lose at least 1 pound this week, and that's not counting my (bare minimum) exercise

You really don't need to go crazy with your diet to lose weight. If you're really interested in being /fit/ then you need to be more careful with what you eat, but for losing weight, it's literally just calories.

If I hadn't gotten depressed and lazy in 2016 I could have easily made my goal weight by now while still eating kinda normally. Just cutting out literally any soda, and any snack is pretty much enough to passively lose some weight if you eat normal meals (again, if you're actually overweight). I was 245 in mid 2015
>>
>>38336679
It's not starving yourself, if you are fat.
>>
>>38337869
Absolutely this, anon.

All's I did to lose 60 pounds was cut out sugary drinks and eat less.
>>
Fasting and a Ketogenic diet will help you lose weight.
>>
File: 1488086259241.jpg (50KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1488086259241.jpg
50KB, 409x409px
>>38336679
I've starved myself from 160 down to 117lb, I feel totally fine while restricting as long as I don't do any intense excercise.

>>38336773
>>38336775
>>38337869

they're fatties ignore them
>>
File: 1382996379472.png (200KB, 1389x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1382996379472.png
200KB, 1389x1732px
>>38336679
Starving myself is the life of a skelly.

How are you even able to eat so much?
>>
>>38337993
calculate your bmi for me please. if it is under 17.5 or so, PLEASE try to bring it up to something healty (like 18 at minimum). Anorexia is no laughing matter.
>>
>>38336679
>he doesn't know what "Starvation Mode" is
You're just going to gain that shit back harder than you're gaining it now the second you start eating again. The human body is a piece of fucking shit, OP.
>>
>>38337993
>Tfw no anorexic bf to protect from the fatglob monsters
>>
>>38336679
I was fat and I did it, now I have, a fucking eat in disorder

better than being obese but life is still shitty
>>
>>38336679
Go to /r/fasting

I'd recommend starting with Intermittent Fasting though, basically to start out you just skip breakfast, then after a couple weeks of that skip lunch.
>>
Fasting can lead to binge eating. It is best to simply reduce calories and increase activity.
>>
>>38336867
fuck, i never had breakfast or lunch in highschool
>>
>>38336679
Why do you want to starve yourself?
>>
>>38336679
You're a SMOL guy.
>>
File: skeletal pepe.jpg (30KB, 322x325px) Image search: [Google]
skeletal pepe.jpg
30KB, 322x325px
>>38336679
Anorexic here
I wouldn't reccommend it. It starts to consume your life lol and you become obsessed with calories.
I am 5'9 and 94lbs, and I eat like 500 calories a day maybe
haha its pretty easy.

Drink plenty of water. Literally I drink 12 bottles a day at least. Sometimes I even tape pictures of mangos and such to the bottle so I can pretend it is juice and has calories which lets me reduce my intake more
Go and forage for berries and nuts but do it on purpose in an area which has power plants and factories. I always go and dig around fro 'free food' because why would an anorexic do that? but then I get home and tell people that I found a power plant in the area on google maps so I have to throw the food and can't eat it
Spend money on gardening tools 'for your allotment' but don't have an allotment. I PRETEND to have one so I can excuse myself for carrying around a heavy spade as a way to burn calories
Make sure you know eevry calorie you eat
Sleep like 13 hours a day

If you can do it it is easy but you will have heart problems, energy issues etc.
>>
Are you asking for an eating disorder? If so, I'd like to advocate for bulimia.

It's fucking gr8. You can't eat whatever you want and still be incredibly slim. I'd say "have a nice body" but with an eating disorder, you'll never view your body as good-looking enough :^)
All you have to do is purge for about thirty excruciating minutes.
There are some downsides, but they're minimal. It's about three times as expensive as having BED, except with bulimia, you get to binge multiple times a day, since your stomach always ends up empty after your binges. You do risk stomach rupture and heart failure every time you binge and purge, respectively, and your teeth start to decay, but heart failure and tooth decay will happen with restrictive disorders, too, so that's kind of inevitable. Once you become underweight, you might also start growing lanugo, too. The morning after purging is also pretty painful, but having a skinny reflection makes everything else worthwhile :^)
Plus you get to taste everything twice!!
>>
>>38336679
I used to do this as a coping mechanism when I was 13-15. My life was really shitty going through a lot home wise and school wasn't hospitable so it was the only thing I had control over in my life. I admittedly still do it when I get depressed or stressed I like the empty feeling you get when you don't eat for a while. It's really unhealthy though if you're doing it to lose weight you should just count your calories it's better than straight up not eating for losing weight.
>>
>>38339455
whats your endgame? you should just start smoking meth honestly lol
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.