[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

twf thread ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: 1486638265637s.jpg (7KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1486638265637s.jpg
7KB, 250x187px
> tfw you will never be a teenager in 2003
> tfw you will never play the original diablo on a CTR monitor
> tfw you will never think 512mb of ram was a powerful computer
> tfw you will never live post 9/11
>tfw you will never buy the original pokemon games when they came out
>tfw you will never browse the old internet before it became normiefide
god damn i wish i was born during the 80's so i could be a teen in the 90's early 00's i would have loved to own an old bulky laptop with windows xp i would have loved the old internet and dialup before smart devices became a thing i would have loved my old playstation or computer. reeeeeee can any old fags tell me what it was like back in the day ?
>>
>>38329639
it was good but not as good as the internet-less 90s, those were REALLY good

god watching alien 3 and jurassic park on vhs man those were the days
>>
>>38329747
are you a real old fag ? could you tell me about the days of old ? what was it like to be on the interet back in the day what was it like when 4chan FIRST started and how many users where there what ever happened to something awful ? what was MySpace like ? i was born in 1996 so i remember SOME things but of course i was never smart enough to use a computer back in the day so
>>
>>38329639
>tfw you will never live post 9/11

You are literally living post 9/11 RIGHT NOW

If you meant
>you will never live pre 9/11

you're underage and you should leave now.
>>
Its "crt" you scrub
>>
>>38329832
>what was MySpace like?
Like normiebook but with less invasive advertising and shit. Also it was more of a secret club and was almost exclusively teenagers/young adults and you could have limp bizkit autoplay when someone visited your page.
>internet back in the day
Direct connection Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Quake over 56k. Lan parties where everyone would lug their oversized computers over to set up on those plastic fold out tables. Also that dial-up sound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvr9AMWEU-c and of course this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tajDxBaPBBM
>>
I've got a high-end CRT (Viewsonic GS815) I picked up off Craigslist for like $20
>2048x1536@85hz
>0.21 mm dot pitch
ayyyyyy

>>38330468
>twf no ctr
>>
File: fart.gif (67KB, 313x310px) Image search: [Google]
fart.gif
67KB, 313x310px
>>38329832
Myspace was like Facebook but with more customization options. I liked it a lot better than FB, myself. Everyone sent each other tacky ass glitter icons like this one and you could embed minigames on your page. Then the news started running stories about pedophiles browsing Myspace to get underage ass, the adults for freaked out and Facebook became popular. Tila Tequila was voted the hottest woman on Myspace and briefly became famous.
>>
File: dollwings.gif (91KB, 107x142px) Image search: [Google]
dollwings.gif
91KB, 107x142px
Few people reminisce over the Dollz culture of the 90's, maybe because little girls who used the internet back then were rather rare. But there was nothing more fun than designing pixel outfits for these sluts. It was like playing with virtual barbie dolls. On the old chat program ThePalace32, little girls frequently hung out and played housie with the Dollz they designed.
>>
File: DOLL.gif (13KB, 83x136px) Image search: [Google]
DOLL.gif
13KB, 83x136px
There used to be virtual beauty pageants for Dollz on ThePalace32 back in the 90's. I miss those. That program offered so much versatility. Little boys used Sonic or Megaman avatars and had virtual fights, little girls formed petty cliques and bitched at each other over who had the prettiest doll, edgy teens used goth avatars and called everyone else dumb plebs and the adults used the dolls made by little girls to have virtual cybersex in public chatrooms. Good times, good times.
>>
File: 4chantimeline.png (149KB, 1185x601px) Image search: [Google]
4chantimeline.png
149KB, 1185x601px
What I want to know is what was /i/ like? Was it really all about harassing strangers?
>>
>>38329639
>born in the best year 87
>90's
>computer games were fucking magic
>Stunts made me want to play PC games
>Prince of Persia made me shit my pants because my imagination went flying during nights
>first Alone in the Dark made me shat my pants for ten fucking years
>no fucking idea what happened in DOS but still made shit start and could config games
>watch friend game for ten hours for the story
>play Starcraft co-op with my best buddie
>we designed a map and played 12 hours straight
>no cell phones, sometimes parents phoned a friends to hear if we we're alright
>climb on a fence and talk with friend during sunset
>drunk and supressed my imagination
>>
File: 1499832177350.png (12KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499832177350.png
12KB, 700x400px
95' class but I do have nostalgia for internet, I remember mid '00s for MSN, ps2 games, habbo, yahoo answers, MU (rpg ganes) and what I miss more are forums, god damn you could find a forum for anything, just put a username and a bio and you were free to talk to any other teen in the world and make friends, chatrooms were cool too, all that died with the birth of social networks, being forced to put your own name, add only people you "know" in real life and being obligated to always having something to share that amuses your normie relatives ones and having a social life to show

I love 4chan but you cant meet people or make friends here, reedit is crap with that upvote system and chatrooms are now pedophile's nest, all friends I had are from forums that died years ago, my fb died at the second year of making it

I still remember being 12 and asking my classmate what was that site he was browsing and he told me about facebook were you can play games and talk with people, I thought it was lame and boring and I would never make one for me
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.