/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got my first job after being a neet for 3 years. I had

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 0371 - BiqsYgC.png (138KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
0371 - BiqsYgC.png
138KB, 800x778px
I just got my first job after being a neet for 3 years.

I had no work experience, and dropped out of high school. Now I just got hired for $15.50 an hour, when minimum wage is 7.25 if my state.

You can do it robots. It's not easy but you can change your life for the better.
>>
>>38326017
What job and how did you do it?
Inb4 handshake man
>>
File: 1499214017138.jpg (36KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499214017138.jpg
36KB, 351x500px
>>38326017
"See, Champ? All it takes is a little initiative and a firm handshake."
>>
File: BWk4hia.png (10KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
BWk4hia.png
10KB, 550x550px
>tfw nothing to put on resume
>>
You'll get fired for being incompetent
>>
>>38326039
It support
I studied for my A+ certification, and it took a few interviews, but somebody finally fired me.

>>38326041
thats a meme but not 100% inaccurate
>>
>>38326084
>IT support
Feel sorry for you. When's Pajeet taking your job for minimum wage?
>>
>>38326104
The H1B visa program was scaled back a fuckload, so not many pajeets can anymore.
>>
>>38326133
You fool. You think Pajeets won't be given priority now. Shekelstein is gonna rush to get the most Pajeets in before the quota is met. And now I can't get in as educated european. Fuck off America.
>>
>>38326104
I work in IT kind-of support too, but it's for a government office so I believe they're unable to outsource it or give hire non-citizens due to sensitive information.
>>
>>38326356
Governmental positions are only filled by citizens or greencard holders I think.
>>
>>38326017
enjoy being the local weirdo subtly bullied by patronizing colleagues
>>
What did you put on your resume when you have no work experience? I have my A+ cert as well but interviews give me anxiety.

Any tips for interviews? What kind of questions did they ask?
>>
>>38327719
I just listed a bunch of relevant skills I had.

The interview was super easy. It was with the IT Director and IT manager of the company. They asked me to add a network printer, ping an IP address. Also to troubleshoot a monitor not turning on.

Super easy stuff. After I answered those questions, they said that they'd offer me the job, and asked how much i'd like to be paid.
>>
>>38327846
Do you mind if I see a screenshot of what it looks like? Block out any personal information.

Damn, that sounds super easy. When I look up interview questions it always seems like they ask behavioral questions that want you to tell them a story and shit. I'm not good at lying so that will be hard to answer as a fellow dropout NEET.

Congrats on making it out of NEETdom dude. It's inspiring since it feels like there aren't many drop out neets who make it out.
>>
File: 1497913699500.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497913699500.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>38326133
>remote IT doesnt exist
>>
>>38326383
Welcome to life. That's how the majority of people feel, including the bullies.

I am continually amazed by how much work socializing resembles middle school.
>>
>>38328386
CISCO terminated thousand of H1B visas last year. Indians are being let go in favor of actual citizens in the IT world.
>>
>>38328337
I'm just going to copy paste the text of my resume It was super short.

___

Customer-focused Desktop Support Technician with success in a variety of computer operating systems, applications, and hardware. Analytical and adept at resolving complex software and hardware issues. Critical thinker who addresses customer support issues quickly and exceeds performance standards consistently.

Certifications

CompTIA A+ Certification June 2017
Scores:
220-901 (Hardware): 759/900
220-902 (Software): 807/900

Relevant Skills

Document resolutions to issues via ticketing system.
Image and deploy laptops and desktops to users.
Install network and local printers.
Install requested software.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues submit by users.
Assist with maintaining accurate inventory records.
Configure email on iOS/Android devices.
Troubleshoot TCP/IP network configurations.
Windows domain and Active Directory configuration
>>
>tfw making $16.52 in a low stress college advisor job
It's just so fucking boring, the students are so retarded and everything is so politically correct

I want to browse 4chan all day but can't, so i have to turn to the faggoty opinions on reddit to pass the time. Their legal advice board has some neat stories tho
>>
>>38326383
Just never let them make you feel smaller than them, because you're most likely basically on par with them.
>>
>>38328490
>>38329019
>we're all in the same boat <3

holy fuck r9k really is full of turbonormies now
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.