[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much agency do any of us have over our own lives?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1466861385192.jpg (101KB, 668x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1466861385192.jpg
101KB, 668x1370px
How much agency do any of us have over our own lives?
>>
none.

Now if you'll excuse me the rest of this post is simply filler to get around the robot.
>>
>>38320820
You can stop being a robot by turning off your computer.
You know that right?
Drop it or at least cut time spent on it.
Use that cut time to find other activities to do.
Take a walk outside, meet old relatives, swim or workout.

Do this for say 2-3 months and you'll become more fit.
Eat healthy + Workout = gf
>>
>>38320932
and if a robot has experienced a series of events that made spending time on the computer a larger desire than the thoughts of improving his life he won't ever do this if we have no agency over our own life.
>>
The most important parts of your life are largely out of your control. That being said, the majority of "robots" here are only robots because they are pathetic and refuse to play the same game everyone else plays because they weren't born with an advantage like Chad. Most of this board COULD get a GF and be happy.
>>
>>38320932
I tried disabling my internet for a few months and I didn't have the heart to get out of bed.
>>
It's kind of maddening to think about. We have no agency, but we need to act as if we do, but have no way of influencing that decision. You're just along for the ride, and part of the ride involves feeling guilt over which way the ride goes.
>>
>>38320820
Without being able to know or comprehend the full effect of the countless choices we make from day to day, we have as much agency over our lives as we do over a roulette ball.
>>
>>38320932
Been there, done that, ended up here. I'm a 5'3'' aspie manlet so that explains a lot.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.