[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I was abused as soon as I could remember it until I was

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (59KB, 442x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 442x482px
Guys I was abused as soon as I could remember it until I was 15 and I'm still basically unable to live life outside of my bedroom because of it.

I want to go to a small book club event at the library near me. What do I do if someone talks to me? especially a boy

I'm having my mother stay there so if I want to leave she'll drive me back.
>>
are u a girl u can practice talking w me if u want
>>
>>38317936

hey bb you can talk to me if you want
>>
>>38317955
Smooth.
>>38317936
Op, socializing isn't as hard as it seems. Trust me. Also, it's okay to be shy, just don't be too shy.
>>
>>38317936
Talk to them about literature you enjoy and start from there.
After discussing literature bounce topics and ask what their interests are.
After talking about their interests and yours whilst sharing stories (not about the abuse) then ask if they're willing to hang out some time and give them your number.
you'll probably sperg out but that's fine
>>
>>38318001
What this anon said.

Originalio
>>
>>38317955
>>38317964
No thank you I've been practicing by talking to my parents and my siblings more often than usual.

>>38317973
I don't really know how to not be too shy. Is there a good method to get over shyness? My therapist really only suggested practicing with my family. I can't even say more than a few words to her without getting really uncomfortable and nervous.

>>38318001
That is unbelievably overwhelming to think about.

Do you have an outline I could practice in the mirror with?
>>
>>38317936
>abused
greentext that shit
>>
>>38317936
Hello bb am big strong indin man protect you
>>
>>38318031
In order to not be too shy, you have to be willing to talk to other people.
>>
>>38317936

well you sound like the perfect girl i always wanted. which means you are probably a guy larping.
>>
>>38317936
Abused like rape or abused like being severely beaten?
>>
>>38318031
Yeah its a lot to think about but it'll seem pretty easy when you start to talk to them.
I don't know about talking in the mirror since the conversations can go different ways but I'll give it a shot
>Hey
>Hello, how are you doing?
>I'm pretty good, how about you?
>Same here, so what type of literature do you like?
>(insert genres/names)
etc
I'm not very good at explaining things.
I'm more of a "Do it for experience" type of guy y'know?
>>
>>38318087
OP probably doesn't want to talk about it.
>>
>>38318033
I really don't want to talk about what happened specifically. I just thought it was relevant to help explain why I'm a scared cave troll.

>>38318053
Ok

>>38318075
Why would you want someone like me?

>>38318087
Both. I really don't want to say any more about it.

>>38318100
Well I can still try to use that. Thank you
>>
>>38318128
Any time, anon.
I'm always here to help people
>>
>>38318128
>both raped and beaten
Cool story bro
Just don't do anything overtly silly with your hair and try to stay positive.
>>
>>38318121
Op posted a qt drawing and a sad story on /r9k/ anon
Op has a dick
>>
>>38317936
I mean if you're even considering going to this little book event thing it means you're somewhat willing to talk with other people. I don't really know how your social skills are, but it's pretty likely you'll meet cool and interesting people there that'll be funner to talk to than ur family u feel me dawg
>>
File: 1494183676965.gif (389KB, 220x160px) Image search: [Google]
1494183676965.gif
389KB, 220x160px
>>38318151
Doesn't mean the story is fake, OP could be gay
>>
>>38318128

because i have a background probably like yours.
i got over it to a extent. but i was abused for most of my childhood and early teens.
>>
fuck man, abuse turned you into a fag what'd'y do
>>
>>38318180
Jeez OP is shy, maybe wait a bit to start hitting on her?
>>
>>38318219
that's not the way of the poo in the loo
>>
Right lad I can help you with this as a ceritifed cyborg. It's all well being able to talk to people about yours and their interests and being good at conversations but the shit i see the most happen with robots is they speak like fucking weirdos.

Speak fluently and laugh a little, but dont speak like you have no accent.

For example if someone says "Hello" say "Alright, man what'ya reading then" or something like that depending on where you are from..

Dont do something like "HELLO . . MAN . . I LIKE YOUR SHIRT" with a loud voice with a flat accent. Autistic people can change their voice tones to seem really flat and cant hear how loudely they are talking so it seems like they are really strange when they talk
>>
Does anyone else have some tips about talking to new people?
>>
>>38318373
Do it in appropriate settings.
>>
>>38318373
piss on them to show dominance

ord
>>
>>38317936
tell a guy his dick looks big in that outfit he'll like it i promise
>>
File: Catfurniture?.jpg (143KB, 540x578px) Image search: [Google]
Catfurniture?.jpg
143KB, 540x578px
>>38318100
>Hey
>Hey weirdo, fuck off, don't you see I am busy?
>???
>>
>>38318373

I do!

People will like you, so do your very best to be nice to them, ok?
>>
>>38318373
Don't talk to Jews
>>
>>38318453
They were asking what to do if someone talks to them, not the other way around.
>>
>>38318031
>Is there a good method to get over shyness?

There is no instant, easy method. You're going to have to talk to people without feeling comfortable about it until you eventually feel less uncomfortable.

However, there are a few things to keep in mind that might help give you some confidence:
1. You don't have to have a reason to talk to someone other than just wanting to. Looking for someone who, for instance, has a book that you enjoy, can help give you a starting point for the conversation to lead from ("What did you think of [book]?"). But you don't have to exhaustively search for the perfect candidate. See someone sitting alone? Use the conversation starter that >>38318100 posted (although you should exchange names before moving on to the literature question). Don't feel too nervous about bothering them, because

2. Most people want to talk with someone. Just look at how many robots long for human connection despite their outcast tendencies. People are going to this club specifically to socialize, so oblige them.

3. I may be projecting a bit because of my own issues with feelings of inferiority, but, given that you have a history of abuse, I thought it best to include this: You aren't out of place. You don't deserve to be there any more or any less than anyone else. No matter your past, or your feelings about yourself, or others' feelings about you, you are equal in value to anyone else. And you have as much right to walk up and start a conversation with someone as they do with you, reason or no reason.

All this is easier said than done, of course, but it's my hope that this can help ease any anxiety even a little bit.
>>
>>38318128
>I really don't want to talk about what happened specifically
Do you know where you are? Let me quickly remind you: You're on an *anonymous* image board.
This is exactly where you should post things like these. You wanted to practice speaking with somebody and here's your chance.

You don't have to worry about "offending someone" and face backlash, or fear "they wont understand", or any of that bullshit.
Because remember: It's an *anonymous* image board.
>>
>>38317936
Let me give you general advice as a guy who couldn't leave his bedroom for most of his 20's and is now slightly improving in his 30's.

1) You'll naturally improve as you get older.

2) If you can make a friend, even online, it will help you a lot. This is the best way to learn how to talk. With family it isn't the same; try to make a friend to talk to. Don't give up I went years and years without friends but in my 30's I finally made some (regular people won't get this).

3) Always stay in therapy. Do what the therapist says; tell them everything in your head.

4) Don't drink or do drugs. Get exercise every day and take your meds if prescribed.

As for the library just try to remember that everyone is there for the books and not to judge each other's speaking abilities. You're doing a good thing by attending.
>>
>>38318373
Don't say anything cringey? I dunno, there really isn't much to it. Just be you.
>>
File: 1484192425646.gif (2MB, 498x437px) Image search: [Google]
1484192425646.gif
2MB, 498x437px
If you don't know what to say, always ask questions. People like talking about themselves and you will get the conversation going.
>>
>>38317973
"It's okay to be shy"
"BUT DONT BE TO SHY!!"
Get the fuck out of here faggot
Just be yourself even if it's you being shy and not saying a word the whole time.
>>
>>38317973
Don't listen to this fuck. How can you say it's okay to be shy but go right back on it and say it's not okay to be shy the next sentence.
>>
>>38317936
dont go
if your parents pay for you you can use vidya and internet for escapism forever
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.