[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

net neutrality wtf is this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 79yf7v4.jpg (238KB, 1652x979px) Image search: [Google]
79yf7v4.jpg
238KB, 1652x979px
net neutrality

wtf is this?
>>
>>38316036
They would do what cable T.V companies do now.
>>
File: 1468699971018.jpg (827KB, 1550x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1468699971018.jpg
827KB, 1550x1050px
>>38316036
some liberal bullshit like always
>>
>>38316103
shit 4chan says

until your ISP stops letting you access 4chan because /b/ raided them or some shit
>>
>>38316036
Today (July 12) big companies like amazon and other people, there's a list somewhere, are showing that they don't want isps to spy on people and don't want internet regulation
>>
>>38316324
>obama makes isp's into utilities (net """"neutrality"""")
>utilities are regulated much more than regular private businesses
Really made me think.
>>
>>38316362
>utilities are regulated much more than regular private businesses

please don't tell me you think what I know you're thinking. Go listen to alex jones spit his batshit crazy nonsense. Anyone with a brain can see that when the feds AND major corporations oppose something like this, it's more than "muh obumma"

This is trump's doing. deal with it
>>
>newfags too young to remember the net neutrality shit from a few years ago
maybe we deserve this
>>
Nothing will happen. Nothing will ever happen. Life will go on as it always does.
>>
Just more sliding into corporatism. Businesses get more and more rights and become more above the law. In America, corporate rights trump human rights.
>>
>>38316036
Net neutrality prevents service providers from restricting certain uses of of our internet for specific purposes.

Imagine your ISP befriended a big company like Google and made you have to pay more to access some of google's competitors' websites for example.
>>
>>38316400
Feds oppose it because it takes power away from them. Internet was just fine before this, and would be just fine again.
CERTAIN big corps oppose it because it would potentially hurt them financially. Google, Amazon, Netflix, and other big content providers don't like it because they would actually have to pay for pushing a disproportionate amount of data. Net neutrality became a thing because Netflix, back in the day, didn't want to pay the usual extra that most big content providers paid, and they complained to the feds. Of course, the government being the government, only did something about it after Netflix made some other deal, but they, and other big content pushers still benefited.
Other big corps want to end it because they would financially benefit. They could take advantage of a freer market. Mostly ISP's.
Literally everyone else who's making a big deal of this won't be affected. And 99% of people crying about this are stupid liberals who are just falling for the usual liberal lies. Which is funny, because it isn't political at all, just rent-seeking by different companies against rent-seeking by other companies.
>>
>>38316568
that makes sense, I'm just trying to put this in the context of "it isn't a damn conspiracy people"

thanks for info, originally
>>
if you don't support net neutrality you don't belong on the Internet
>>
Anyone remember the Internet blackout protesting SOPA?
>>
>>38316401
Do you mean that SOPA thing that the goverment tried to pass around the end of 2011?
>>
>>38316626
no, I'm talking about the net neutrality controversy around 2013
>>
>>38316649
I see. I remember everyone on the Internet flipping their shit about SOPA, but I don't remember the 2013 net neutrality thing.
>>
>>38316568
You're an idiot. Net neutrality would keep the status quo. Internet was fine because regulations were different. Now ISPs can do whatever the fuck they want and not be held accountable.

You either have an IQ of below 70, or are a paid shill for ISPs who can make money from this by fucking everyone in the ass.
>>
>>38316596
Don't believe him, he's a paid shill.
>>
>>38316674
they try this shit every couple of years or so, under a new name each time.
it never passes, and it never will.
that doesn't mean that people should be quiet about it, if they did it might have a chance of passing, but people who are actually worried about this are actual idiots.
>>
>>38316568
>freer market
>where the entry barrier to creating a profitable website (now nonexistent) would be massive
Nope. Data is not real, yes there is real infrastructure for it, but the usage of that infrastructure is not based in anything besides user choice/
>>
>>38317028
>>38317034
>simplifying a very complicated situation of jews jewing jews jewing jews jewing jews into good vs bad
Sounds like you're the one who's a shill. Though probably doing it for free, which suggests sub-human IQ (aka useful idiot).
Even with NN companies can throttle whatever they want, they just can't favor their own stuff with more speed. This isn't a freedom of speech thing, or a censorship thing (separate things in this case).
The conflict is this: is the FCC going to regulate all this, and to what degree. Progtards and fascists (Obama) naturally want more regulation, but other people are looking at this as a specific thing, to determine how much regulation is good. The Trump administration (though it seems to mostly be driven by the current FCC head - I doubt Trump cares that much) obviously thinks the Obama rules are too much, though they're not throwing everything out. From what I've seen, actual evidence shows that the NN-supporter's main argument is a boogieman, protecting against things that could theoretically happen, but haven't actually.
Another fun fact: NN never applied to Google Fiber :^)
>>
>>38317034
not an argument stupid goyim.
>>
>>38317408
Why do you support ISPs selling your private data for profit?
>>
>>38316036
Remember when Comcast blocked us? I like how everyone Here now hates net neutrality
>>
>>38317506
>now hates NN
I love hen shills always give themselves away like this.
>>
>>38317531
I voted third party Nigger. Clinton got sweet karma
>>
>>38317531
Indeed they do, Shlomo. How many shekels do you make per shillpost?
>>
Communism, but for the Internet. That's it.
>>
>>38316488
Exactly as it should be.

The government needs to be weakened more.
>>
The cucks here want to pay extra to access websites that their ISP blocks. Without NN your ISP can decide that you need to pay $20 extra a month to access 4chan. Strange how some people here are ok with this.
>>
>>38317810
Government does something you don't like - change the government by power of vote.
Corporation does something you don't like - ???
>>
>>38317834
you take your business elsewhere you retard, do you not understand what a free market it?
>>
>>38317834
>being this stupid
Vote with you dollars nigger, dont like it don't buy it
>>
>>38317845
>>38317847
And when your ISP is monopoly? Which it is. Cucks.
>>
>>38317952
Monopolies don't happen since not only is that business practice illegal it goes against the free market. Nice try NN jew
>>
>>38318824
Wait, you just said you want less government regulation? Because that is what prevents monopolies. In a free market everything will end up being monopolies and killing innovation.
>>
>>38316625
Anyone remember when CISA got (((sneakily))) tacked onto the omnibus in 2015?
>>
lol at all the americans defending this because drumpf said so

If hillshill said she wanted this 4chan would go into a meltdown
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.