[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What comes across your mind after reading this, r9k?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (210KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 640x1136px
What comes across your mind after reading this, r9k?
>>
File: giphy.gif (375KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
375KB, 480x480px
>>38315799
I wonder if this Aimee Knight is cute.
>>
amateur blogpost shit probably written by a woman
>>
CHARGE YOUR FUCKING PHONE HOLY SHIT WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS SHIT
>>
>>38315799
female psuedo-intellectual meaningless drivel

>realising your potential as person is the most terrifying prospect a human can face because it ejects him from "tribal inclusions"
alright
>>
>>38315799
Was this written by a Mormon/Ex Mormon?

They are the only people I hear using the phrase "still, small voice" so casually.
>>
>>38315799
who the fuck keeps posting this bullshitttttttt who does this even relate what who what
>>
Realizing my potential is terrifying?
Um isn't supposed to be the opposite?
Once I stop my degenerate habits and I'm driven, I never want to go back to that robot world because I realize all that I'm NOT and should be. I WANT to be capable of a lot of things but that only comes in with years of tedious effort. I'm already so far behind, I might as well start and never stop being driven.

But then something happens. I just stop, relapse, and slip back into this world with an ugly sky.
>>
File: 1444183646883.jpg (509KB, 780x1901px) Image search: [Google]
1444183646883.jpg
509KB, 780x1901px
>>38315799

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.

Nobody will ever believe you. But I know this fear.

But basically, she's talking about when you unknowingly transcend average limits/aptitudes and distinguish yourself apart from your peers-- you're suddenly in new territory, where not everyone can follow. Friends and family can grow resentful of this, because the cost of true excellence is high, and the price it exacts is caused by complicated social dynamics; Jealousy, High difference in IQ, strained or distant relationships, no time, etc.

It was never easy. I was always the wizkid, and always my older brother made every effort to crush me anyway he could. Even I wasn't immune to that sort of thing... and I did wind up in a space, of the kind this post talks about. Because of that emotional trauma, I learned how to introspect at a very young age. You're never too young to seek solitude and still have some innocence attached to it, Because it's all these things she describes, and more.

It's an OK post, I think.

I'm afraid of standing out, because I know there's always somebody waiting out there to tear me down. Maybe he's the better man, and maybe he isn't, But what ideals am I willing to sacrifice to play a game of power and win? Not everything is about talent, and the best man doesn't win. I say that as someone who has played both sides of that. If you're doing better than everyone, you make yourself a target.

Solitude is luminous.

As someone who retreated into it at an early age and emerged in his late 30's, let me tell you this:

When you inhabit your solitude fully and experience it's outer extremes of neglect and abandonment, you will find that at its heart there is neither loneliness nor emptiness but intimacy and shelter. In your solitude you are frequently nearer to the heart of belonging and kinship than you are in your social life, or public world.
>>
File: 1426518423105.jpg (98KB, 608x395px)
1426518423105.jpg
98KB, 608x395px
>>38316565

Your persona, beliefs, and role are in reality a technique or strategy for getting through the daily routine. When you are on your own, or when you wake in the middle of the night, the real knowing within you can surface. You come to feel the secret equilibrium of your soul. When you travel the inner distance and reach the divine, the outer distance vanishes. Ironically, your trust in your inner belonging radically alters your outer belonging. Unless you find belonging in your solitude, your external longing will remain needy and driven.

Real friendship with yourself enables a person to frequently visit the hearth of his solitude-- to be nourished, strengthened, and renewed.
>>
I can't relate to this at all

orgii
>>
>>38316685
I suppose I better just say my shitty opinion on this:
They're correct about the claim of "tribal inclusions", even though the wording of this phrase is reductive to their claim on the psyche (For example, the fears of an individual can be relative to a cultural fear, but there seems to be generally more constants of fear that are relative to either instinctual nature or rather psychoanalytic nature). However, the idea that psychological fear is relative to a fear of an individual "potential" is very odd to me. I can't really seem to grasp the reasoning of not only this claim, but the idealism at the end of the passage.
>>
>>38316783

Well fear as it relates to potential, can actually be translated to fear of the unknown--

>What will I become if I leave these people behind?
>He's changed so much, I don't know him anymore

The stuff at the end half metaphysical hoodoo, and half truth... But I think she was just trying to use imagery, and not doing a great job of it.
>>
Is she a Nazi? Does she want to acquire a harem? What sort of idea is she trying to embrace that turns her into some sort of monster that has family and friends turning their back.
>>
>>38316950

You're actually onto something there.

It's not the idea itself. Look at her profile.

She's accomplished alot, and has a large presence and following, does she not look monstrous? I think she is. Who and what did she sacrifice to get there? Things, I think, that are tough to imagine because of their obscurity. Things perhaps, not even she knows that are now gone.

Surely she realizes that. So while she can't put her finger on them for herself, she can at least acknowledge that she lost something, somewhere.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.