[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just started going to gym >feel people watching me >internal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_4482.png (22KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4482.png
22KB, 300x250px
>just started going to gym
>feel people watching me
>internal reeee
>start sweating more from fear of being watched
>wonder how do people do this daily so confidently ?
I mean I guess I'll get used to it with time but like????
>>
>>38315431
Just sign up at a 24-hour gym and go at 3:00AM. It's nice.
>>
>>38315431
As a veteran lifter I can tell you no one gives a shit about you. Im petsonallt too busy checking myself out.

Cheers and may the gains gods bless you.
>>
>>38315431
I feel sad for people like you. Nobody is watching your nor cares about you. That is perhaps even sadder.
>>
File: 1471188536063.jpg (39KB, 485x481px) Image search: [Google]
1471188536063.jpg
39KB, 485x481px
>tfw socially anxious yet narcissistic simultaneously
>scared people are watching me yet at the same time hoping people they are and admiring how glorious I am
>relieved yet disappointing when I realize nobody is even thinking about me

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me
>>
File: FB_IMG_1499784356101.jpg (15KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499784356101.jpg
15KB, 236x236px
>>38315835
strange, As soon as i grip that dumbell i'm 700X more confident and lose all my anxiety shit. I even close my eyes to enjoy these precious minutes
>>
>>38315431
workout at home and blast music and lift naked
>>
File: 1484941533542.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1484941533542.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>tfw been working out 6 months
>hardly any gains
>>
File: killme22.jpg (35KB, 593x640px) Image search: [Google]
killme22.jpg
35KB, 593x640px
>>38315900
>been working out for a month
>haven't been eating as much
>haven't lost any weight
>>
>notice loser at gym
>he starts sweating even though he's barely doing anything
>obviously unconfident and self aware
>wonder why losers like him even try
>>
>>38315933
jokes on you he's losing weight faster than you
>>
>>38315797
This is too true. When you start realizing how no one gives a shit about you and people are focused on their own lives, there's a huge sense of loneliness. I felt like we were all at the gym together but really it's just me on my own.

Look at this way OP

>you went to the gym, alone
>you came home, alone

That's all that happened, the thoughts you have about people other than yourself are imaginary. Come back to reality.
>>
>>38315776
youre delusional people talk about other people all the time not just the gym
>>
>>38315835
Holy fuck I know those feels.
>>
File: 1483380463941.jpg (38KB, 480x505px) Image search: [Google]
1483380463941.jpg
38KB, 480x505px
>>38315927
We got this, we gotta keep trying

Don't give up
>>
Don't go to the gym at normie hours (which makes up pretty much all of the day except 2-5am). You will encounter the worst humanity has to offer (peaking in shittyness at 6pm). Only a death-squad lifting partner with roid rage and a skull ski mask can keep you safe.

The only time you can go to the gym is at obscure hours like 4am, where you will find people who are equally disgusted with the general gym audience.

The problem is that this doesn't work out either because you don't have enough energy in the morning to push yourself as if you were going at 6pm and will be tired for the rest of the day if you go in the morning.

Last time I tried going to the gym at normie hours after going at 4am for some time, somebody stole my self-built cable fly belt, an Arab pushed his ass into my face while his socks were smelling like shit in the locker room when there was more than enough room to place his ass elsewhere and a some PC police Antifa ghetto rat took it as an opportunity to get off on violently insulting me nonstop as a nazi until my knees were shaking when I asked the Arab what was smelling like shit.

Don't go to the gym during normie hours. People ARE actually as retarded as you think and your intuition is right. Sometimes you do forget how bad people actually are and try to rationalise your thoughts as mental health issues. But people actually are as bad as you think. Maybe it's a little less bad for you since I live in the worst country on earth (Germany).
>>
iktf. it's always spics with less social skills than robots who stare
>>
>>38315431
Find your local powerlifting gym, the one I'm at is always empty

>pic related
>>
File: 20170712_192803.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170712_192803.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>38317225
Sorry forgot pic in an original way
>>
Watch some zyzz vids, it'll inspire you and change your outlook on it
>>
>>38315431

Please tell me you betas aren't just going 4 da gurlz but are actually just doing it for the sake of it.
>>
>>38315927
>stop eating as much for a week, maybe two by this point
>already dropped a few pounds
I'll be underweight again before I know it
>>
>>38315431
>start sweating more
thats a good thing, lardo
>>
Should I train and try to become America's next top Ninja Warrior?
>>
>>38315431
I've been lifting for 4 years. Trust me no one gives a fuck
>>
>>38318246
Obsoloutly yes

Orginololo
>>
>>38318267
>tfw I remembered I have zero self motivation to do anything
But what if I actually get on the show and then freeze up or fuck up the first obstacle? I don't want to become a meme.
>>
>>38315927
Eat more frequently, but healthier (keep your foods clean with as little additives/sauces/etc as possible), also focus on proteins. Your metabolism may be slow and you store up fat as a result thereof. Speed that shit up and accustom your body to use the food you give it in better ways (like building muscle)
>>
File: 1458022486472.gif (96KB, 314x570px) Image search: [Google]
1458022486472.gif
96KB, 314x570px
>>38315431
Here's what you do
>start exercising at home
>go out to a gardening/building store
>buy cinderblocks
>use those as weights
>PRACTICE FORM AND BUILD MUSCLE AT HOME
>when you got a slightly better body and can perform exercise with proper technique you're ready
>go to gym
>no longer feel eyes not because you can't do anything right
>let the people judging your fat be your motivator
>PROVE
>THEM
>WRONG
JUST FUCKING DO IT!!!!!
>>
>>38318293
Actually on second thought, I could become the biggest meme by running for all the out of shape robots out there in the world. I could be your symbol that even robots can compete alongside chad.
>>
>>38318328
>let the people judging your fat be your motivator
What if I'm a skinnyfat who doesn't really want to bulk up and become the muscle?
>>
>>38315900
Up your calories my dude.
>>
>>38315431
Literally 98% of the other people there who would look at you aren't doing so in a negative light.

The simple fact that you're there to better yourself gives you at least a modicum of respect from them.
>>
>>38318670
>all people at the gym are seasoned strongmen who encourage your personal growth
no, the gym is full of retards who started 1 month ago and think it's a competition in manliness.
>>
>>38318549
>What if I'm a skinnyfat who doesn't really want to bulk up and become the muscle?
then don't go to the gym and just lift heavy concrete/cinderblocks at home, go for jogs, gain some weight/muscle but by doing this and ignoring the gym you'll avoid getting HUGE

What I do is watch a movie on my laptop while lifting cinderblocks in my room, pause the film while doing specific exercises that dont let me see so well, and when the movie finishes I did 2 hours of continuous exercise for the day

It's best to exercise while focusing on something else, it's why people listen to music or watch television while working out
>>
>>38318732
>go for jogs
Serious question. How do I do this without looking like a huge autist? Also many nearby roads don't have much shoulder, if any at all, to safely run on. Wat do?
>>
>>38318765
>How do I do this without looking like a huge autist
I ran at night when my posture was bad, everyone is afraid of everyone at night so you running like a retarded T-REX will be seen as strange but not many people would be out and if there are people it's dark out so they'll have a hard time making out your face

>Also many nearby roads don't have much shoulder, if any at all, to safely run on. Wat do?
Is there an area nearby like a park or sidewalks, the park would be best at night for running a few laps around it and you won't be seen as a creep since no children would be present at that time
>>
>>38318866
Running at night sounds like a good way to end up disappeared. There are a few small parks relatively close, though none are necessarily in the best neighborhoods. I think I know someone who just runs on a track inside a local gym and I think it might be open 24h.

I'm sure I actually run fine, but I'm overly anxious about everything and it seems like it would be weird just running around alone.
>>
>start going to the gym
>everyone single person is fit
>every person has surpassed the goal I have set for myself

I bet they get a real kick seeing me there.
>>
>>38318960
Well then I don't know how to help you with the running situation but definitely try the cinderblocks

>>38318980
I got mine at Home Depot and only spent around 6$ on four different sizes and weights of concrete, some were 6$+ so I didn't get them but they were definitely heavy than the 2$ ones

It's like a ghetto weight lifting set but affordable and can fit in your home, watch out don't drop it on your toes though

you can do it
>>
>>38319009
I know I can do the work, it's just the matter of finding the motivation to do it.
>>
>>38315776
As a fatass who's naturally stornk I also second this.
>>38315900
More cardio

Weighs are meh
>>
>go to the gym for a few years
>untrained Chads walk in for the first time
>bone structure twice as wide as mine etc
>bench more than me their first attempt

this is how life works. what's the fucking point
>>
>>38315431
if you get ripped people will stop watching. wth is going on with all this self doubt.
>>
>>38315431
>>38315776
As a veteran lifter I can tell you this is bs, people in the gym WILL judge the fuck out of you and laugh about you with their friends afterwards. They won't say anything to your face though obviously so feel free to pretend that no one cares.
>>
im gonna be joining a gym soon after i get paid and im a little bit worried about this, gonna be doing the strong lifts 5x5. ive been doing what i can at home with dumbbells but the weight isnt enough for me anymore so i need to go to the gym for more weight. i'm not really worried about doing the exercises but more of the other things for example where i do certain exercises like barbbell rows and deadlifts. i hear people complaining about people using the squat rack for other exercises. i guess i won't know till i go
>>
>>38315431
it gets better over time, big improvement in 3 months, when I lift I'm fine, when I go on treadmill for 1 hour I get axeity about others watching me
>>
>>38318980
fat lord ignores me when I speak to him, stay out of breath 5 mins on treadmill then and fuck yourself, never doing this again
>>
>>38319234
stop comparing yourself to others, stop complaining, lerk more
>>
>>38319234

Yep, I'm tall and built for agility. I have a small frame and I'm skinny. I have good coordination and reflexes. Decided to say fuck it, time to get some more meat on the bones, maybe the chicks will dig me more. Slaved for a year, barely saw any improvement, tried eating more and it went straight to my belly. Hated every second of it, felt like shit afterwards, never even once did I get that "post-workout-high" people say they experience. I really envy those Chads you referenced. To put forward so little effort, and instantly succeed at something you yourself have worked hard to achieve, it's really disheartening. And it seems even less like "worth it" since the work itself is incredibly, astoundingly, boring! I know I'm whining but damn if, it's hard not to feel that way. I guess, in hindsight, it's possible I did something wrong but I had my brother there half of the time and he's got like 5 years of experience and some serious gains on him, so I kind of doubt it. Be that as it may, I can't even play to my strengths since my traits are utterly worthless in today's world. This sounds like the saddest beta shit ever but being able to run fast, jump and scale a fence with ease or being good at twister doesn't really score you any points outside of that niche. Ohh, wow I can probably outrun someone who's coming to beat me up, that's sure to gain me a lot of respect. How manly. If I lived in ancient times I'd probably be working as a courier to some dignitary. Better than nothing but I'd exchange all of that, in an instant, for strength and muscle. It's just a lot more useful.
>>
I always judge people ego lifting with shit form/depth desu senpai.
>>
>>38319234
>>38320645
Is this the skinny beta equivalent of 'but muh genetics'?
>>
>>38315431
>not having a home gym
Original post
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.