[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I tell when I have a drinking problem? I basically want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1499649615689.jpg (36KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
1499649615689.jpg
36KB, 500x462px
How can I tell when I have a drinking problem? I basically want to get buzzed every night.
>>
>>38314401
Drinking every night isn't that big of a deal.
Getting wrecked every day is unhealthy. As soon as it starts affecting your life in a negative way you have a problem.
>>
If you haven't been to jail yet there's no problem hrkejdj
>>
As long as you aren't getting shitfaced, you're good. Just keep it to a buzz
>>
>>38314401
Drinking is a problem when it interferes with other aspects of your life, your health or if you regularly binge

BAC .08 is considered a binge
Buzz is usually around .03 to .05. Stay around there and you're fine. You shouldn't be getting hangovers though

That being said, it probably isn't healthy
>>
How much do you drink?

Most medical authorities estimate a relatively safe amount of alcohol consumption is about 1-3 drinks in a day for an adult male. That is about the range where the risks of consumption are outweighed by potential benefits. You are likely increasing your risk of cancer slightly (alcohol is an irritant and a carcionogen), but decreasing your risk of early all-cause mortality (it helps you relax and reduces the risk of heart disease--if consumed in moderation).

So, if you're having a couple of beers it's not a problem unless you feel sick/angry/really sad if you don't have them.

If you're pounding a six pack or a twelve pack a night, that is an issue. You can end up damaging basically every part of your body that way. You'll also likely end up causing nutritional deficiencies like zinc deficiency (which can really fuck you up).
>>
File: 1498103223580.png (36KB, 865x526px) Image search: [Google]
1498103223580.png
36KB, 865x526px
>>38314427
>>38314447
>>38314464
>>38314467
Thank you for your responses. I've heard that having two drinks a night is fine. It hasn't affected my day and I don't get hangovers easily.
>>
You will realize it when it is too late. You know you have a drinking problem when your life is slowly degrading and the only constant in your life is the bottle.
>>
Have a week off, why do you want to get buzzed every night? The reason will probably lead you down to alcoholism because of tolerance.
>>
File: 1499737932623.jpg (21KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
1499737932623.jpg
21KB, 250x209px
Why is my face getting flush when I drink? Not even Asian.
>>
>>38314401
Ive been getting drunk every night for months now and have no impulse control in regards to staving it off and think about nothing but getting drunk and how comfy I'll feel. I think Imight have a problem due to the fact my mom is also an alcoholic so it runs in the family.
>>
Drinking without binge drinking is boring as shit.
>>
>>38314538

If you take the "Prime for Life" course because of a DUI, they tell you the 123 rule. Summed up:

- no more than one drink per hour
- no more than three drinks per day
- no more than 14 drinks in a week

If you follow that you're pretty much good.
>>
>used to really struggle with alcohol
>drank six or seven pints a night
>realized that I had to cut down
>spend lots of time in prayer
>now drinking at a healthy level, one or two beers a night after work. Never more than 14 in a week or 4 in a single night

feels good man. another benefit is that it's fun to drink again. I get a nice buzz after 4 beers like I used to back in college.

If you guys drink more than this, you need to cut down. Be forgiving with yourselves, but also realize that you need to be more responsible.
>>
>>38314401
Watch leaving las vegas. If your life is like this, you have a problem.
>>
File: intp.png (389KB, 1423x1296px) Image search: [Google]
intp.png
389KB, 1423x1296px
You won't know until it's too late. This is coming from an anon with a MAJOR family history of alcoholism and substance abuse. I noticed my alcoholism first after several months of drinking nearly every night. I am drinking even as I type this. I was proud of myself a few days ago because I made it five full days without drinking. To celebrate, guess what I did? Yea I got drunk like three nights straight. I don't even get real withdrawal symptoms without drinking, I only crave it, no shakes or anything.

My only advice is smoke as much weed as possible or just don't start drinking at all. I have noticed that if I smoke a lot of weed the craving is gone because I feel pretty good anyway, however it would be nice if I could be content feeling perfectly normal all the time. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>38314983
Sounds like a great way to quit drinking entirely if you aren't supposed to drink more than 1 drink an hour or 3 drinks a day.
>>
>>38315392
Should mention that the only thing that has caused me to seriously try and quit is my deteriorating health. I had a small cold that has turned into a massive sinus infection because the drinking lowered my immune system so much. My stomach is so weak that I find it difficult to hold down my food at times. I even puked a few days ago after drinking heavily, something that hasn't happened in years. I'm begging you anon, stay away.
>>
i just drink 6-8 coors light over 3-4 hours...i'm barely buzzed and can drive a vehicle perfectly fine after. I'm also 200 lbs.
>>
>>38315102
>now drinking at a healthy level, one or two beers a night after work. Never more than 14 in a wee
That's like twice the healthy limit though
>>
Am I fucked?

> 3-6 drinks plus weed almost every night (its legal where I live)
> 6-12 drinks plus weed at least once or twice a week
> brown out 1-2x per month with "friends" who I only ever see for drinking
> "breaks" rarely last longer than a week, usually less

This seemed fine until last month I ended up drinking with strangers until 5am on a Monday night and had to miss work the next day. I couldn't eat for two days afterwards and the doctor told me I have gastritis.

I never thought of myself as an alcoholic before, but this is freaking me out. The worst part is I haven't cut down.
>>
>>38315604
Yea you're fucked. This is where I was about a year ago or so. I now have the craving for alcohol constantly, and the only thing that can stave it off is copious marijuana usage. Keep in mind I did exactly what you are describing, but it just kept getting worse. The amount of alcohol increases over time, the weed usage stays the same though.
>>
>>38315575
see
>>38314983
orgasmo
>>
>>38315490

Yeah. The idea it's an alternative to "just don't drink" that they can offer, and back up with studies. Ain't easy though if you're a serious alcoholic.
>>
>>38315649
;_;

How much are you up to per day now?

Also beer, wine or liquor?
>>
>>38315649
Depends on what I'm drinking. If it's beer, usually around 8 per night, with a binge once or twice a month at a social gathering where I drink close to 20 and get blackout, and then smoke weed.

If it's liquor, 3 very strong mixed drinks. If I had to guess, it would be around 15 shots. I prefer beer but it's very fattening so I stick to liquor so I don't gain much weight.

I almost always smoke weed after drinking. Getting crossed is the best.
>>
>>38315850
>>38315760
^ meant to include both of these but im fucked up
>>
>>38315850
DUDE.....cut down on that shit.
>>
>>38315850
I've probably got an extra 10lbs on me from the beer. I just down racks of a local cheapo brand. I also like drinking liquor forward cocktails, but those tend to be more tame nights since they're labor intensive to make.

You're right, I'll probably be about your tolerance in a year or two.

Cheers to that. I said I wasn't going to drink tonight but I went out at 9:30 and picked up a 6 pack of tallboys. 1/2 way through.

>>38315967
You don't get it. It just feels like a necessity.
>>
Nothing compares to the sweet release of alcohol
>>
>>38315967
>>38316162
Damn dude....you get it. I said the same thing about drinking tonight but look where I am now. Good luck brother
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.