[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do superheroes and supervillains still not exist in real

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: 90.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
90.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
Why do superheroes and supervillains still not exist in real life? The closest we've gotten so far are people who wear costumes and call themselves "real life superheroes" but who only fight crime by using pepper spray or calling the police.
>>
>Why do superheroes and supervillains still not exist in real life?
are you stupid ?
>>
>>38313925

Because in reality, nobody wants to be that guy who risks their own personal safety just to parade around town in a onesie, punching heroin dealers. Life is boring. Come to terms with that, friend.
>>
>>38313925
Cos shitty laws would put them in jail for vigilantism
>>
>>38313934
No. There's literally nothing about reality that precludes the existence of a guy wearing a costume and actually delivering vigilante justice, maybe even with abilities normal people don't have. It's just that the ones who try doing something anything like that idea do it in a weird and overly self-conscious way by calling themselves "real life superheroes" and using lame tactics like calling the police instead of just beating up the criminal and leaving them hogtied in an alley.
>>
File: Rider40th.jpg (278KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Rider40th.jpg
278KB, 1600x900px
>>38313925
>ywn be a Masked Rider
>>
>>38313998
Laws put people in jail for lots of things people still do anyway though. Why are murder, theft, and drug dealing able to transcend legal deterrents but not stylized vigilantism?
>>
>>38314017
> maybe even with abilities normal people don't have
Then that is not a super hero/villain anymore, just a random person.
And of course without any kind of powers or shit, it would be pretty trivial for the police to just catch them too

> just beating up the criminal
that would make them a criminal too
>>
>>38314017
You ever been in a fight irl? Being a vigilante would get you killed fast, considering a group of genuine thugs would just stab\shoot you. The only kind of "vigilante" group I can see being marginally successful would be a gang that solely operates to fuck up the business of other, smaller gangs. The logistics of running that, and finding people willing to join would make that incredibly improbable..
>>38313925
There was a real life supervillain: Look up the living legend know as the Killdozer.
>>
>>38314260
>There was a real life supervillain: Look up the living legend know as the Killdozer.
Good example. I would also count the Unabomber and Pogo the Clown.
>>
>>38313925
Watch Kick Ass.
That should pretty much answer your questions.

If that doesn't work try Watchmen next.

It's just a retarded idea, what exactly would their jurisdiction be?
>>
File: 1499478817377.jpg (26KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1499478817377.jpg
26KB, 500x414px
Real answer:

Anywhere that there is enough random crime that a vigilante would be useful, is too large for a vigilante to be able to reliably encounter the crime in time to do anything about it.

Superheroes can move across large cities very quickly and spot crimes from far away. Real people simply can't do those things.
>>
>>38314282
>Watch Kick Ass.
Up until the protagonist gets stabbed, that's a pretty decent depiction.
>>
>>38314272
>implying Unibomber wasn't actually the hero fighting back against the evil Feds.
>>
>>38313925
Dude there is literally a super hero as president right now in the Philippines. Dude personally goes out and hunts down drug pushers and dealers, has scores of underlings that hunt down said drug pushers. Fights crime so efficiently he has singlehandedly reduced crime in his cities by a HUGE amount. Or is he a super villian......maybe an anti-hero
>>
Because real people can't dodge around gunfire and beat a group of thugs with martial arts.

Real billionaires don't give a shit about urban street crime.
>>
>>38314319
Unless you're actually Superman it's a horrible idea.

Even armed and trained cops get fucked up by police sometimes. What could a kid in a costume do?

Also you might go months without actually encountering a crime during all that time you could have been working at a job earning some cash advance in your career or building on your education by going to school instead you were walking around dressed like a tard.

This question is way above my autism grade.
>>
>>38314282
>If that doesn't work try Watchmen next.
first of all, never watch this movie- it is an insult to Alan Moore and every theme the story stood for

second of all- how in the fuck is that going to show anybody why there aren't real life superheroes?
>>
>>38314320
I feel sorry for Ted that he went through the psych testing by the CIA (I think, it's been a while since I read about his ties to the MKUltra offshoot) but the vast majority of his victims were innocents: Students, professors, security guards, secretaries, etc. He was a fucking villain if there was one.
>>
>>38313925
They tend to get killed really quickly. Plot armour doesn't exist in reality, and people are far more fragile than they are in movies/comics.
>>
>>38314373
The government outlawed masks.

Also if you made something like vigilante heroes official, while most of them might be just citizens, you will also just end up with some violent nihilists looking for an excuse to legally punch people.

also look at One Punch Man, in order for there to be any oversight for the heroes it would just lead to another bloated bureaucratic organization.
>>
>>38314347
>Real billionaires don't give a shit about urban street crime.
Fuck Elon Musk desu. If I were him I would build myself a billion dollar super-suit and clean up Detroit.
>>
>>38314282
Watch the movies Super and Defendor, too.
>>
>>38314486
>Defendor
My man right here. I've also heard of one called Boy Wonder. which I should get around to watching.
>>
File: 58.jpg (19KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
58.jpg
19KB, 400x343px
>tfw if Batman were real he would be called a racist because blacks are so over-represented in crime
>>
>>38314476
Actually I got a bike for my birthday maybe I should become Mumen Rider
>>
This is gonna sound like bullshit but I honestly don't care
I used to do this every night just because I didn't have purpose within my life
I started at 17 and ended when I was 20 and I was shot at but never got hit. I was put in mixed martial arts classes since I was an infant so hand to hand combat was second nature. You'd be surprised at how terrible peoples aim is once you are within 5 feet.
I got held at gunpoint by police because I was operating outside the law by putting drug dealers in hospitals. I was let go after the cop told me that he supports what I was doing so he'll keep it off the books. I wasn't enrolled in school or anything so I went out at night and slept during the day but eventually I had to move on with my life
>>
>>38314511
Was it Chief Gordon?
>>
>>38314476
> look at One Punch Man, in order for there to be any oversight for the heroes it would just lead to another bloated bureaucratic organization.
Or Worm, if you're as autistic as me and can read through the entire goddamn thing.
Twice
It's pretty good, for what it is
>>
>>38314385
I was just kidding, he was a smart charismatic man, but definitely off his rocker, and unfortunately someone with my medical issues could never survive in his ideal world.
>>
>>38314553
Neither could he, really. He tried to practice what he preached, but the reason he didn't have a higher body count was because his methods were so ineffectual. That being said, Industrial Society and it's Future is one of the most fascinating reads I've head, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone into off-kilter worldviews.
>>
>>38314048
Because extreme risk with almost no reward but altruism is an extreme unlikelihood. Compound that with needing to be either a special operator tier urban warfare killing machine, or a close quarters combat god, anyone who actually is capable of doing this is probably either in the military or is doing charity work in the areas that would need a cape in the first place.
>>
>>38314544
On interlude 29 right now, can confirm it's breddy good. Kinda like The Authority mixed with JoJo.
>>
>>38314807
This nigga gets it. Not too fond of the idea of a upcoming sequel, though. He couldn't finish the story in just under 2 million words? Fuck.
>>
>>38313925
ITT: OP has a sad case of severe brain damage
>>
>nurses
>police
>teachers
Superheroes.

>bankers
>lawyers
>jews
Supervillains.

They're real.
>>
>>38314867
This is a stock exchange, there's no money here!
>>
>>38314867
Some of those are debatable.
>>
>>38314855
Nah, I'm a pretty well compensated software developer with a college degree who has never had a brain injury nor a psychiatric diagnosis. This is a perfectly legitimate topic to speculate about and you're just a narrow-minded pleb.
>>
>>38314839
I'm gonna wait til it's finished anywho.
>>
>>38314960
Without spoiling it for you, I thought it wrapped up just fine as is, but I guess we're doubling down on it.
>>
>>38314867
>hates bankers and lawyers
>Supports cops
Lmao what?
>>
>>38313925
>>38314017
OK, so superheroes are out. Well, what about a real supervillain? You make a cool costume or adopt some persona, commit crimes (you're a criminal anyway, no need to worry about breaking laws regarding vigilantism). Bonus points if you're a genius, you can funnel your ill-gotten gains into machines for world domination!

>>38314260
The guy that converted a bulldozer into a tank and went on a destruction derby downtown? Eh, he was more of a guy with a vendetta than a supervillain.
>>
>>38315172
>he was more of a guy with a vendetta than a supervillain.
How many supervillains have that motivation to the T?
>>
>>38313925
3 main reasons I think;

>1. Real life can be deadly. Sure there's things like advanced milspec armor that you could fight a bear in but that shit's expensive, so unless you're rich, then you won't be able to get the kind of protection you need to not die from a scared mugger who pulls a gun. Also you can get ganged up on and unless you're well armed and trained, unlike a comic you're not going to be able to take on like a gang of guys even if they're unarmed. And after they take you down they'll probably curb stomp you or kill you. Plus, going to hospital for gunshot and stab wounds often is both expensive, and can get you in trouble with the cops.
>2. You'll get arrested, vigilantism is not allowed in the modern day so even if you're out there fighting crime, police and investigators will eventually get you and you'll go to prison.
>3. Probably the biggest reason, but availability. In comics and such whenever you see criminals or a crime, the hero is right there or shows up right away. In a modern city, not only can you not surveillance everywhere easily, but you can't be on the watch everywhere for any crime happening, and you certainly can't be everywhere at the same time. Some mugging going on in some alley the other side of town? It's amazing and great if you can know about it or see it, but there's no way you can get there in time to stop it, even if you being there could stop it. It's simply not possible to be available enough to prevent all minor crime, and serious crime is a whole other story and wouldn't be as appreciated by common people.

There's other things too but I think those are the main ones. Basically, anything you could think of, the simple question is, why aren't the cops doing it? Because they have more money and manpower than you, unless you're super rich.
>>
>>38315172
>Well, what about a real supervillain?

Like the movie Megamind says, what makes a super villain is presentation. Great, big, showy, ostentatious. Showing up on/hacking the city's nightly news to deliver your message.

However by being super, it means you're going to get caught somehow, eventually.
>>
>>38315210
Yeah I know, but it was a one-time thing and basically a suicide run. I know vendettas tend to be the start of darkness type deal, but it has to be a sustained thing, you know?
>>
>>38315573
Well, that's the cost of living in the real world: An actual supervillain would just be a short time spectacle.
>>
Until a grapple gun allowing you to run along rooftops that isn't available to police exists or some other traversal method allowing you to evade law enforcement after meting out your own personal brand of vigilante justice I don't see too many people becoming irl super heroes.
>>
File: move.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
move.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>38313925
Because, regrettably, super powers do not exist in real life.

But hey, look on the bright side, when nobody is a superhero, everybody is.
>>
The serial killers/rapists.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.