[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SSRIs

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ssri.jpg (7KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
ssri.jpg
7KB, 293x172px
Anyone care to share their experiences with SSRIs? I'm getting pressured into starting them, but I'm a bit hesitant honestly.

Do you guys think they work? Do they make you not enjoy things as much anymore?
>>
File: cool.gif (660KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
cool.gif
660KB, 200x200px
I stopped taking them and started taking xtc once every 3 months. depression cured, seriously.
>>
>>38305325
Worst 10 years of my life.
Made EVERYTHING worse.
Best decision I ever made was coming off them 8 months ago, my life has improved 1000% since quitting them cold turkey.
>>
>>38305367
Do you think they helped you initially?
>>
It basically killed my ability to get a boner or pursue women. Which only depressed me worse.
>>
>>38305325
You will never cum again as long as you take them.

Take SNRIs instead.
>>
>>38305690
Do SNRIs work for you? Did they successfully treat your depression?
>>
>>38305934
They seem to be so far. SSRIs also never really made a difference for me depression-wise.
>>
I don't know why psychiatrists like SSRIs so much. I was first given zoloft. Made me shit constantly, killed my libido, but marginally improved my mood. Was switched to wellbutrin after a while and depression was pretty much cured.

Went to a new psychatrist and she perscribed me Viibrd. Made me shit even more than the zoloft, and on top of that it made me depressed as fuck. I would literally wake up in the middle of the night wishing I was dead, it was horrible. At one point I considered walking to the woods and slicing my throat with a knife. However, unlike the Zoloft, it actually increased my libido and I woke up with a rock hard boner every morning. During the day if I got horny I couldn't think straight until I had a quick wank.

Said fuck that medication and went back to wellbutrin and all was good again.
>>
>>38305363
MDMA is completely out of your system in 5 days, your brain chemistry is back to normal within a month - you're literally experiencing a placebo
>>
Schizofag, I've been on a few ssris (paxil, prozac, wellbutrin). I "tried" each one for a year thinking after a month or two it has to get better, right... and I kept waiting for things to change. Mind you I was also trying out different antipsychotics in tandem (Seroquel, Abilify, and Zyprexa). After three years and different combinations I was worse than when I entered treatment.

Before any pills I was just absent a lot, I spoke to things and people that weren't there... sometimes I knew they were figments but indulged them anyways; sometimes I thought they were real. Once taking the pills I stopped getting lost, found a sleep schedule that worked... but I started gaining mad weight and although I was able to experience what was actually happening around me accurately what I really gained was a pair of spectacles that allowed me to see clearly but made me hate everything I looked at. I was not happy. They did not cure my depression, they just trapped me and paralyzed my personality and creativity.

For a long time I figured it was worth it... I could maintain relationships and work a steady job and live so "successfully" according to the standards my parents and society set for me. I hated every second of it. I felt like I was in a waiting room with no promise that my number would ever be called, and I didn't even have my imagination to help me pass the time.

It's been almost 10 months since I stopped taking any meds, things were rough initially... very chaotic. I had to explain to my friends what I was doing and they were supportive. New friends who never knew me before the meds were excited to meet the "Real Me" and old friends told me they were ready to "welcome me back," and that I haven't been the same in years. I started getting lost again. Slowly my imagination became stronger and the sadness imposed by that permanent feeling of being stuck and waiting lifted. I fell in love with myself again, and my idiosyncrasies became badges to be proud of.
>>
>>38306633
You sound fucking awesome. Godspeed, schizoanon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.