[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-neet: should I take the job? Pt. 2

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1482164382095.jpg (117KB, 634x799px)
1482164382095.jpg
117KB, 634x799px
Hey guys. So I'm the guy yesterday that was wondering whether he should take the job at a camp or not. Dealing with people is a demon of mine, as I used to be a neet. Anyway, I took the job. I watched some Elliot Hulse videos.. Yeah, I know. What the fuck did I get myself into right? I want to grow up but holy shit, this is jumping off a cliff and IT IS SCARY. I'm going to be way the fuck out there, and though I can leave if I really want, it's going to be a big, embarassing hassle. I'm going to be living in a co-ed house, with many people. I'm scared that I'm going to be a pariah again.

Any advice?

I'm not going to take my computer, as it's something that takes away from my life is a major way. I'm bringing my guitar, I'm bringing some books, but I don't want any where to hide, really. Other than the people thing, this gig seems pretty sweet, the summer camp seems pretty beautiful, though a bit short notice as I leave on Thursday. I gotta get a bus, which is tricky as I don't know what the FUCK I'm doing but I'll figure it out. It's just the people man, the people.
>>
>>38302656
What the hell are you even doing at the job what do you do
camps sound fun
post more tay and loard I want to kiss them
>>
>>38303615
i'm in the kitchen doing dish and prep, probably. cleaning, whatever.
i've got no more of them unfortunately. that's the cutest pic i've seen of them.
i'm scared of people anon, other than that it sounds good
>>
>>38302656
There is some truth to Elliot Hulse's teachings, they definitely helped me become more confident. However he can definitely talk out of his ass and get a lil extreme but whatever.

Try to not overthink the whole room-mate thing. You definitely don't wanna be annoying towards them, especially because the excitement of living with new people wears off after a little. Just be a chill and respectful room-mate and all should be good.

I think you're doing the right thing to step outside of your comfort zone and grow yourself. Godspeed anon
>>
>>38304303
If most of your job is going to require focus and physical work from you, it should be fine. You can just be quiet and not talk a lot (to avoid saying autistic stuff) and people should understand. If you survive this, it will be progressively easier in the future.
Good starting point I would say.
>>
>>38302656
these bitches should wear a hairnet or at least tie their hair up jesus.

>>38304303
>dish and prep, probably. cleaning
Perfect for a post-neet. Just put your head down and work hard. don't get flustered when the other kitchen guys rib you it's normal
>>
>>38305246
well, i'm living with them is the thing. i think the expectation is that i get on with them fairly well.
i have to be a human being to these people
>>
one last bump for advice, or prayers

oregano
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.