[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you say you're smarter than your parents?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1498597023835.jpg (96KB, 756x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498597023835.jpg
96KB, 756x1024px
Would you say you're smarter than your parents?
>>
Mother, definitely. Father, I would say he's smarter, but it's selective, I know a ton of shit he doesn't, especially when it comes to technology.
>>
I'm smarter than my mother for sure. In terms of pure intelligence I rival my father but I would say he's currently more capable than I am because of higher levels of regular stimulation.
>>
Yeah but I honestly can't tell if they've both cut themselves short in the process of dealing with unfortunate circumstances stemming from poor decision making like marriage and children in general. They both grew up into poor families and basically got shafted, so it's hard to tell if I'm smarter (which is what they say) or if I've gotten shafted less.
>>
not in any meaningful way
>>
>>38302459
I don't know what's more cringey, using fictional characters permanently etched into your skin to convey your shitty political message or an androgynous blob whose sex I can't tell from behind glorifying violence against opposition for an ideology which purports to abhor violence and bigotry.
>>
>>38302948
but enough about christians
>>
My dad is one of the most intelligent people I've met. I'm smart but not as much as him.
My mother is really intelligent for a woman, but in the end of the day shes just a woman.
>>
File: cSVdMaRg.jpg (94KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
cSVdMaRg.jpg
94KB, 728x728px
>>38302459
Mother? She left school with no qualifications. I may have dropped out of Sixth Form, but at least I have some qualifications.

Father? He fucking spelled my middle name wrong on my birth certificate.

Yeah, I'm smarter than them, but only because a good majority of the population are smarter than my parents are.
>>
le rick and morty xDDDD

My Man!
>>
Both are dumb neerdowells, i can feel their uninteligence running in my veins, and this is one of the reasons why I believe I didn't get to achieve nothing in life. Looking back, I'm surprised I managed to learn English in the first place.
>>
Every son is smarter than their mother, trust me.

Father.......eh? I might have more self awareness than him and I might know more about computers and stuff people expect the young to know more about than older people. But my dad knows way more than me when it comes anything about tools or working desu.
>>
>>38302459
im in dentist school so if i graduate i gues i can say i am more intelligent than then, judging on academic merits
>>
Mother, maybe, father, no.
>>
In terms of decision making, I have lived a better life so far, but anything could happen. I can't say I'm any smarter than my parents, but I do have healthier relationships.
>>
Mother, probably not. Might be pretty stubborn and stuck in her ways (not very good with technology) but she is a wise person. Has a masters too.

My father is a highschool graduate, ex-soviet army builder with a pretty bad character, so sure.
>>
File: really.jpg (38KB, 566x456px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
38KB, 566x456px
>>38302459
Well, my mom can't even read labels so yeah.
Watching her trying to lose weight really made me realise how dumb she is.
>Believes every fatmyth she hears
>Can't count calories at all (basic math)
>Spends shit ton of money on weight loss supplements
>Doesn't understand what ANY of it does, only that it might help her lose weight
>Thinks meal replacement and protein shakes are the same thing
Dunno about dad, she's also a single mother.
>>
I am smarter than my father for sure he is thick as shit. My smartness I owe to my mother who followed the philosophy of teaching me everything she knows so I will inevitably know more than her. Also 3rd world mums are obsessed with education as the mark of success.
>>
>>38302459
I'm certain I'm smarter than either. My dad was a dimebag dealer who thought meth was made from vicodin. My mom is a liberal arts major. I've written a book on combinatorics
>>
>>38302459
I hope they introduce god into the finale of the show and Rick just breaks down and falls to his knee and weeps.

just to annoy this person
>>
They're both more educated than me (college degrees) and both more well adjusted, and this may sound cringe, but I think I'm more self aware or something. I try to stay sharp but it's hard sometimes to keep going in general
>>
File: 1488474090687.jpg (19KB, 272x272px) Image search: [Google]
1488474090687.jpg
19KB, 272x272px
>>38302459
YOO KEK that fucking picture, holy shit what were they thinking? it reads like a fucking ironic instagram meme with peter and spongebob all crunchy and oddly colored from image artefacts

"no gods no masters" with fucking rick and morty in floral victorian wooden picture frames? and then just "anger is a gift, antifacist" in the middle? what the fuck is going on? i would kill to see what dan and roiland would say about this picture holy shit
>>
yeah i'm definitely smarter than both of my parents. my dad is a simple high school drop out. my mom is smart, but i'm smarter.
>>
>>38302459
As smart as both of them combined, at least.
>>
>>38304601

>i've written a book on combinatorics

i don't believe you
>>
>>38302459
Nobody here can be that smart because it seems like you guys cant separate between knowledge and intelligence. Intelligence cant be measured really because there are different types of intellect. Everyone knows that. R9K kids are technologically smart most of the times but socially retarded. Music intelligence would be another one.
>>
>>38302490
I'm in the same boat. I'm more interested in politics and history, but he's super into electronics and early processors
>>
File: 1493171267748.png (197KB, 366x303px)
1493171267748.png
197KB, 366x303px
>>38302459
Yes, but DEFINITELY more lazy.

>also jesus fucking christ that tattoo
>>
>>38302459
They dropped out of college while I have a bachelors degree in engineering. I don't think they even know what calculus is.
>>
>>38304630
I think Rick already admitted God exists, I mean he fought with the devil.

IIRC, he said God exists but it didn't matter or something edgy like that.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.