[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STARCRAFT

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What is this game like? Is it easy to play?

And I mean the original one, not the later versions
>>
>>38302195
bretty good game, alot of people are such graphics fags about it "hurr Durr I dun play cuz the grafixxxx" blizz is doing a remastered version of the original, comes out in August I believe
>>
Fantastic game, will last you forever if you really get into it. Cannot be truly mastered by humans, even pros who have played it on a top level for over a decade make plenty massive errors, leave workers idle and lose units to stupid shit because there's just too much to do for a human to manage when the game is at its most intense.

It's not easy, not even at a casual level. Only get into it if you want to make it a hobby. It's called the hardest game of all time for a reason.
>>
>>38302195
It's the hardest and the best RTS ever made. Accept that'll you suck at it for years even if you put in the work to git gud.
>>
>no custom hot keys
Been wondering if I should even keep trying to put the work in to get competent.
>>
>>38302500
Everyone plays with that same disadvantage, though
>>
This guy who is maaaaaajor hot cute wants me to play with him and I'm pro at gaming, but just want to know what I'm getting into hehe^.^!!!
>>
>>38302401
I had no idea it was called the hardest game what?!?!?!!!! =OOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOoooOooOoOoOzoOoOooooOoooooooo
>>
>>38302195
It's pretty difficult, especially the first one because there's a lot more micromanaging involved because of how shit the unit AI is and how backwards the unit controls are.

Very very fun if you get into it, got over 2000 hours on Starcraft 2 and throughout my teen years.
>>
>>38302195
>What is this game like
autism
>is it easy to play
no
by far the hardest vidya ever made by man
>>
File: 2017-03-20.jpg (14KB, 306x408px)
2017-03-20.jpg
14KB, 306x408px
>>38302195
i think the easiest thing you can do in starcraft to put you way ahead of the average player is hotkey locations on the map

setup a worker locations hotkey and other hotkeys at strategic points where your army will clash, cycle through these positions and you will waste less time dragging the camera around

there are also a bunch of unit control custom maps that will help you learn to micro manage units in combat which can be extremely difficult

i think protoss is the easiest because they have few units but theyre strong, dragoons are still difficult to micro in groups.

you also have to learn which units counter eachother, i think all the damage is based on the size of the unit being hit, like ghosts do reduced damage to large units, dragoons do more against large units, protoss shields have no damage mitigation, etc

im pretty bad but i have fun in low skill games hey anyone want to play lol
>>
>>38304167
Protoss is easiest at low levels, then it equalizes with very little difference between the races in terms of difficulty
>>
>>38304267
every 3v3 i play starts with me defending against 12 zerglings with 1 zealot and all my probes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.