[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here play tabletop RPGs? What have been your experiences?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: PHB.jpg (328KB, 1264x1665px) Image search: [Google]
PHB.jpg
328KB, 1264x1665px
Does anyone here play tabletop RPGs? What have been your experiences?
>>
I guess no one here has done this?
>>
fucking shit with girls ruining it
>>
I want to play them, but the only thing that people play is D&D when there is an infinite amount of other TRPGs out there.
>>
I've recently picked up D&D. I played a small campaign with close friends and instantly fell in love with the concept. after finishing my first campaign I decided to get out of my comfort zone and I joined the tabletop gaming society at my university. I played with a large group of other people I had never even see before let alone spoke to. at first I was shy and awkward but as the year progressed I really got into character and started developing as a person. I honestly think that D&D has helped me be more charismatic and less autistic
>>
DnD is normie trash anon play something decent
>>
>>38298775
I just started to play online through discord since all my friends live elsewhere. It's pretty fun creating a character/ mindset and role playing throughout the game. We use a website called roll20.
>>
>>38298775
Gurps my man
>>
>>38298775
Don't we have a board for them? TG or something like that?
>>
File: CbqZG2H.jpg (73KB, 620x341px) Image search: [Google]
CbqZG2H.jpg
73KB, 620x341px
I play Rogue Trader...
>>
>>38299682
>TG
hello plebbit
>>
>>38299110
like what ?
cyberpunk ?
>>
Burning Wheel player here, AMA.
>>
>>38299718
Cyberpunk is good shit
>>
>>38299718
>>38299811
could you stop using "Cyberpunk" (TM) without formal approval from CD Project? otherwise i will be forced to direct this to their lawyers.
>>
File: 85f538dacf854f1872586fa1af2a3671.jpg (118KB, 1024x838px) Image search: [Google]
85f538dacf854f1872586fa1af2a3671.jpg
118KB, 1024x838px
ive got a nice tip for you.

if you got friends, even if they play vidya with you, dont automatically assume they will be a pleasant TRPG company. TRPG is not for every one

aside from that, its fucking amazing and tons of fun. if you plan on DM ing but havent done it before, be sure to get everything right, many times the first game session has the most impact on people.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (17KB, 448x328px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
17KB, 448x328px
>>38299894
Excuse me anon, but you're not allowed to criticise CD Projekt Red. Downvoted.
>>
Me and my friends like to make our own systems and run really abnormal games.
>>
Me and my autistic and only 4 friends started naheulbeuk recently. It's quite fun if the GM is good and the players not too serious about everything.
>>
Me and my completely retarded "friends" (would not get any again) play only game systems that dont exist. nobody gives a shit about anything and there is no DM.
>>
I GM a lot of 5e
its really good, the only edition of D&D that feels worth playing, along with AD&D

I play with my coworkers in-person and then my brother's weird internet friends online

It's generally pretty fun, basically the only reason I go out anymore.
>>
>>38298984
I've never had issue with a female player aside from them being a little meek
But as soon as her character died and she made a rogue she was just as engaged as everyone else

What are your problems?
>>
>>38299794
How long does it take to do the most simplistic shit? I keep wanting to try the system but when I read about verbal combat it felt too crunchy.
>>
I played a lot of RPGs as a teen.
if you're somewhat familiar with the works of H.P.Lovecraft you should try "the call of cthulhu"
>>
>>38301739
I'd like to try it, but I feel like eldritch horror is very present in D&D as it is, I put in lots of uncaring and dangerous enemies and dieties in my games

I would love to play it if somebody else would GM, though
>>
Yes, playing 5e with my friends for 5 years now.

Wanting to move on to GURPS, but the lazy shits don't want to play anything more complex.
We put more focus on the narrative, which I love, but it would be nice to have deeper mechanics.
>>
>>38301930
What reason to have have to go to GURPS? is there rules or stylistic choices that you want for your campaign that D&D doesn't support?

Because I don't think more complex systems really make things any better, its more about the encounter design than anything
>>
AUTISTS GALORE
>>
>tfw I will never play Unknown Armies with anyone
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.