[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does straight edge trigger normies and scumbags so much?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 17

File: .png (557KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
.png
557KB, 1920x1080px

Is it because it reminds them that they are disgusting degenerates?
>>
I'm Mormon, so I can get all the benefits of Straight Edge with none of the normie stigma (as far as being SE goes anyway).
So in other words, I dunno. I guess roaches hate the light.
>>
>>38291732
I don't have anything against straightedge, but how does it make for a life worth living? I respect it more than a life full of degeneracy, but I've been trying to think of a life worth living and every lifestyle I can think of just seems sad and pathetic in its own way.
>>
File: sdproblmz.png (7KB, 590x322px) Image search: [Google]
sdproblmz.png
7KB, 590x322px
It annoys me too and I am practically straight edge. I think it's the mix of retarded degenerate subcultures (punk I guess) with totally clean elements. It's like when Christfags try to make themselves seem 'hardcore'.
>>
It's because of the need to label it as something to be a part of a special snowflake group.
>>
I was straight edge for most of my life, up until my freshman year of college that I started to smoke and drink. you might think it's sad but some of them best moments in my life were being high or drunk or both. never have I felt those great feelings being sober. I only do so on the weekends usually and it is really the best time of my week. Not saying I'm miserable when sober but definitely having more fun when intoxicated
>>
>>38291732
Because everyone understands that people do drugs because they need an escape. When they see people doing just fine sober they get insecure.
>>
Because they paint alcohol as a big bad like naive retards.
>>
>>38291732

Because they think straight edge people are squares who are missing out on the fun. They also think straight edge people are retarded because normies themselves can't last a week without sex and drugs.
>>
>>38292129
But it is a big bad...
>>
>>38292129
I like drugs and I'd just like to say that alcohol is one of the shittiest drugs in existence. I'd put it just above pcp/meth/heroin-tier.
>>
File: 1498512468823.jpg (149KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498512468823.jpg
149KB, 530x600px
>mfw someone in line next to me yesterday said he was part of the "hardcore straight-edge scene."
>>
I find it weird that people outside of the punk scene know what straight edge is

And normies don't like straight edge because they can't imagine being completely sober 24/7.
>>
>>38291732
no. its because straight edgelords are the only people worse than vegans
>>
>>38292236
Nah, it's benign. Just because a tiny fraction abuse it (and let's be honest, if alcohol wasn't there they'd just use meth or heroin) doesn't mean it does any harm for the majority of the population.

>>38292270
Are you retarded?
>>
>>38291732
I dont drink alcohol, its a stupid and expensive habit that goes to nowhere
I dont sleept with whores and dont fuck on first dates, if I want a new relationship I finish my feel for the old one
I do drugs tho, the mind deserves more than the simple routine stimulus of a simple life sometimes
I do exercise and love to hang outdoors

Fuck the people who do not understand this
>>
>>38291732

No, it's because

>disgusting degenerates

You guys put yourselves on such a cross for doing shit that most people think is kind of lame and milquetoast, but most probably wouldn't be bothered enough to care one way or the other.

Have your clean fun, I don't care man. Just don't get all righteous about your freedoms while denying others'
>>
>>38292647
I understand you're a degenerate pretending to be pure.
>>
>>38292673
I do not say otherwise

indeed I am degenerate who love to smoke weed and let my gf sit on my face
>>
>>38291822
I had no clue it was a "culture". I thought it was just a general term for people who didn't do stupid things.
No wonder they think it's stupid. It is.
>>
File: IMG_3592.jpg (50KB, 638x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3592.jpg
50KB, 638x626px
>>38291732
Most straight edge people trigger me because they're all so smug about it.
>inb4 no they're not
>"a life worth living."
I'd be fine with people living a safe, clean life if it wasn't for the fact that they all have to rub my face in it.
>"I don't need to drink or smoke because I'm high on life! That's right! You're all going to hell/destroying you body/ruining your future by having fun!"
>>
File: Spaghetti Aglio e Olio.jpg (307KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio.jpg
307KB, 960x540px
>>38291732
When straight edge faggots aren't willing to have wine served along side the food I make them.
That pisses me the fuck off
>>
>>38291732
most ppl that are straight edge are obnoxious about it and need to virtue signal each other just like vegans, fitfags or atheists
this is cause usually the ideas/habits that are the most contrarian to society's norms attract the most obnoxious ppl
there are fitfags, vegans, atheists and straight edgy ppl that noone has a problem with cause they don't constantly and unnecessarily bring up how much better they are
>>
File: IMG_1746.jpg (94KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1746.jpg
94KB, 1080x1920px
>>38294116
>it pisses me off when people don't like things I like
>>
>>38294169
Why do the people who reply to my comments never get it.
The point of the wine is to compliment the food I'm making.
>>
>>38294116
>>38294196
Maybe if you made better food, you wouldn't need to be drunk for it to taste good?
>>
>>38294196
>"here have some wine."
>"no thanks I don't drink."
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DO YOU HATE MY FOOD?"
>>
>>38292129
What the fuck do you think alcohol is?
>>
>>38294210
You'd never get drunk off of how little wine I'd be serving. A half of a glass.
>>38294216
It's called a pairing.
>>
>>38294254
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DRINK MY WINE DRINK MY WINE DRINK MY WINE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT MAKES MY FOOD TASTE BETTER I SWEAR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!1!!!1!!"
>>
>>38294254
So your food taste better when you have alcohol with it? McDonald's uses the same cooking technique.
>>
>>38294304
>>38294322
T. doesn't cook
>>
>>38294304
Experience sophisticated way of eating.
People have been pairing foods for centuries. It's experiencing a new aspect of gastronomy
>>38294322
Italian food is often made with wine. You burn off the bitterness, which is basically the alcohol but you keep some of the nice flavor.

If mcdonalds made their food with alcohol the prices would be higher.
>>
>>38294359
There's a difference between cooking with alcohol in the food and pairing with wine. I doubt any straightedge people would decline food that was made with alcohol, but didn't have any left in it.
>>
>>38294448
Wine is a palatte cleanser and enhances the flavor of the meal
>>
>>38294359
>Italian food is often made with wine. You burn off the bitterness, which is basically the alcohol but you keep some of the nice flavor.

Alcohol isn't bitter, it just burns. That's different than true bitterness. Also some of the alcohol does remain in the food. It doesn't all burn off.

https://www.drweil.com/diet-nutrition/cooking-cookware/does-alcohol-really-cook-out-of-food/

It's almost never enough that you could really get drunk but it really depends on how much alcohol is added to the food (relative to how much food there is) and how much time you spend cooking. Even after cooking something for 2 hours, some of the alcohol is still there.

For this reason, a lot of Muslims won't eat anything that's had wine added during cooking. There is still going to be some alcohol in it.
>>
File: IMG_1023.jpg (33KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1023.jpg
33KB, 515x515px
>>38294355
>mfw make the best spaghetti and meatballs in town
Your words mean nothing.
>>
>>38291732
same as veganism and cross fit, mostly annoying moral crusaders calling others out.
People don't like attention whores except for themselves, and people don't like to be called out.
Don't force your morals onto others and you'll be fine.
>>
>>38294515
you wouldn't be able to humanly consume the amount it would take to get drunk off eating pasta sauce prepared with wine.
>>
I like selling drugs to straight edge kiddies tho
>>
>>38294535
No offense man, but that isn't a difficult recipe in the slightest
>>
>tell normies I don't drink alcohol or do drugs
>they go apeshit
I'm not even any hardcore straight edge, it's just that I can't stomach alcohol and after finding out what an angry drunk I was I don't trust myself with any narcotics and yet it's like I am bringing Hitler back to life by Raping nigger children while wearing kkk outfit
>>
File: 1437565206519.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1437565206519.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>38294224
Certainly not a big bad.
>>
>>38294570
I'm still the best around at it. Also he was saying I don't cook at all so let him know his foolish mistake.
>>
>>38291785
>Them Mormanon feels

Tis a quaint life
>>
>>38294535
>spaghetti
>cooking
It's literally TV dinner-tier cooking.
>>
I'm straight edge but I don't preach it.
I don't drink or anything.
I would assume real robots don't have a social life either so they don't go on the party train.
If you drink or do drugs you are a normie.
It's exposure to a group and you are not alone.

Straight and true here, forever alone.
>>
File: IMG_3664.jpg (467KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3664.jpg
467KB, 1920x1040px
>>38294608
FUCK YOU MY MEATBALLS ARE INCREDIBLE! YOU HAVENT LIVED UNTIL YOUVE TASTED MY BALLS!
>>
>>38294600
It sounds like thats the only dish you know how to cook.
>>
>>38294600
Everybody can cook "the best" spaghetti.
>>
>>38294622
>you can't drink alone
Found the normie.

If you don't drink by youself you can't be a robot.
>>
File: mms_img1294652941.jpg (345KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mms_img1294652941.jpg
345KB, 960x540px
>>38294600
>>38294535
My Osso Buco outclasses your Spaghetti and Meatballs.
>Braised Pork Shank
>In a Tomato/chicken stock stew sauce
>stewed carrots, onions, celery
>on top of Saffron Risotto
>with lemon zest and parsley on top
>>
>>38291732
Because in nearly every part of the World social structures are built around some substance whether it's a pack of smokes during a work break, a pint of beer in a British pub, doing X at a rave, or chewing Khat in Yemen.

When you say that you refuse to do any of those substances, normies are offended because it's like you're refusing to socialize with them, they know that that shit is bad for them but they choose to do it anyways because the social factor is more important, when you refused and choose to prioritize either your health or control over your faculties, it comes across as elitist.

They've made the sacrifice quickly and without a second thought for the sake of fitting in, and now they're hurt because you rejected their scene, their substance, their way of life and them.

Of course you guys could always go out enjoy a glass of ice water, or maybe even frozen yogurt but that wouldn't be traditional, introducing is tantamount to normies.
>>
>>38294668

Nah you are the normie.
You do realize that you can connect with the normies now that you have drinking skills.
You could just show up drink and be a idiot like you probably are and there you go.
You have friends.

Guys who don't drink and not trusted.
>>
>>38294668
>he will never know the pleasure of PopcornTime and Mead alone in the basement.
>>
File: IMG_3690.jpg (16KB, 250x182px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3690.jpg
16KB, 250x182px
>>38294635
>>38294650
>>38294675
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
>>
>>38291813
I only claim to be straight edge because it pisses off normies and that amuses me.

Truth is I've tried a lot of drugs and never really enjoyed any of those experiences, the fact that others did seemed weird to me, and I almost don't really believe them.

There's a word for this in sociology, when everybody pretends to have had a certain experience because nobody wants to be the first one to admit that it wasn't positive. Can't remember what it's called though.
>>
File: 1492350945758.png (90KB, 221x190px) Image search: [Google]
1492350945758.png
90KB, 221x190px
>>38294741
>spaghetti and meme balls
There are so many better pasta dishes you could make. Even a bolognese sauce is nicer.
With Bolognese you get a little bit of meat in every bite you take
>>
>>38294675
Sick. That looks like vomit.
>>
>>38294741
Also, that tomato sauce you're using would probably taste better if it included red wine.
>>
>>38294713
Kek, that's not how it works. You'd still be the weird guy at the party.

>>38294717
This.
>that god tier immersion when watching drama anime/tv series on wine
>that comfy feeling when playing MMOs/RPGs after a beer or two
>>
>>38294755
Only the pure of heart can see the king's clothes.
>>
File: Osso Bucco.jpg (322KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Osso Bucco.jpg
322KB, 960x540px
>>38294774
>smooth sauce
>over rice
>"LOOKS LIKE VOMMIITT!"
Like I believe you food scrub, my only mistake was adding slightly too much sauce
A mistake I fixed the next time I plated up the food
>>
>>38291732
Maybe it's because you can't help but be antagonistic, your image for example
>a life worth living
Is hostile and accusatory
>>
>>38294813
Dat nigga aint go no pants yo he butt naked
>>
>>38291732
I live straight edge but not by choice
>>
>>38294796
My mistake mead is the MMO RPG drink

Wine goes best with drama.

I only drink rum when watching Pirates of the Caribbean movies....yeah you got a pair everything just right.
>>
File: IMG_3339.jpg (34KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3339.jpg
34KB, 680x583px
>>38294769
MY SHITS GOOD ITS REAL GOOD I PUT A LOT OF GOOD STUFF IN MY MEAT BALLS MOMMY SAID THEYRE GOOD AND SHE CANT LIE!!!!!!!!
>>
>>38294908
Add wine to your sauce next time buddy. Make sure it's nice drinkable red wine. You can also use white but red is preferable.

Make sure to cook the wine off first tho.
>>
>>38294902
>poverty?
Cheap hooch is awful, nobody but an alcoholic can enjoy McCormick.
>>
>>38291732
pretty much what you said, those degenerates and their wicked life styles are the worst, and they know it.

do never fall for their tricks.
>>
>>38291822
I fuckin hate the "Hardcore" Christian music genre
>>
>>38291732
>tfw straightedge by coincidence
don't like the thought of drugs/smoking because my dad smokes a bunch and im pretty sure I developed asthma or something because of it. Beer and alchohol in general don't taste good to me and I don't like the thought of not being able to control myself/my actions as a person. I don't hold anything against people that smoke or drink but I just don't get enjoyment out of it and I have no interest in trying it either.
>>
File: IMG_0922.jpg (211KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0922.jpg
211KB, 470x595px
>>38294515
Just don't tell them. I did something similar with my vegetarian ex gf.

>keep putting incrimentaly more chicken/beef stock in food
>hmmmmm, anon you are such a good cook, how do you make the flavours so vivid?
>mfw
>eventually when drunk: anon I want to try meat again, I want a kebab
>no fucking way!
>take her to fancy kebab place and get nicest one on menu
>omg it's so good anon
>mfw she turns carnivore again slowly but surely.
>>
>>38291732
because it asserts superiority based on literally doing nothing
>>
I am straight edge because all drugs give me panic attacks, alcohol makes me extremely depressed(also anyone I know that has killed themselves has done it drunk), and I'm not promiscuous because no woman will have sex with me and I am too afraid of aids to go gay,
A life worth living? Probably not.
>>
>>38297620
So non-rapists aren't better than rapists because they can restrain themselves from doing something shitty?
>>
>>38297682
false analogy, because rape affects other people, this does not.
>>
>>38297687
Yeah because people never do stupid shit that affects others while on drugs, right?
>>
>>38291732
it annoys most people because being straight-edge generally means that you're an insufferable cunt
>>
>>38291732
because 9 times out of ten the straight-edgers are more violent and obnoxious than the drunks and druggies. They're pushy sanctimonious, and they suck the fun out of wherever it is they are in no time at all

when you say
>Hi I'm straight-edge

normies hear
>Hi, I'm a belligerent self-righteous asshole and I'm going to ruin this concert any way I can, as quickly as I can

Fuck straight-edge.
>>
>>38291732
>Be me
>be straight edge
>go to concert
>judge everybody
>act like a smug prick to anyone who doesn't have big black 'x's on their hands
>beat up some guy for smoking a cigarette
>basically just shit all over everything

FUCKING NORMIES BEING DRUG FREE GIVES ME THE RIGHT TO BE A SANCTIMONIOUS HYPOCRITE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>38291732
>posts on r9k
>presumably regularly
>accuses others of being degenerate

There isn't enough BOI in the world to handle your retarded post

also straight edge kids are violent and stupid, that's why no-one like them.
>>
>>38291785
But there's the downside that you're retarded.
Realize you will never be a god
>>
>>38291732
Yes, since normies participate in degenerate practices they are not really happy on the inside and when they hear someone is "straight edge" they yearn for their mental power to overcome the empty and degenerate pleasures in life
>>
>>38292531
alcohol is more damaging than near all illicit drugs you fucking idiot normalfag alcoholic
kill yourself
>>
>>38291732
They just don't like thinking someone feels "superior" to them. How'd you become one? I'm drug, alcohol free because of puritanical upbringing
Really wish I were a carefree normie
>>
File: 1487118704557.jpg (351KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487118704557.jpg
351KB, 1000x900px
>>38291732
I'm drug free, alcohol free, and non-promiscuous, but my life isn't worth living.
>>
i suppose they hate someone who is actively trying to self-improve and live more purely because they think it's conceited. they're hyper alert to the possibility that someone thinks themselves better than them. it's the same reaction with people who avoid eating meat.
>>
>>38299888
also all of their activities for fun involve alcohol so they have a sense that their values and traditions are being rejected when someone rejects alcohol.
>>
>>38291940
>never have I felt those great feelings being sober
Isn't this a problem
>>
Cause most people are pretentious about it while it's nothing to be proud of. It's literally not doing something. Not much of an accomplishment.
>>
>>38299888
>>38299920
These. It stems from insecurity.
>>
>>38299888
Abstaining from self-harm isn't self-improvement.
It's that lazy arrogance that makes people hate you.
>>
>>38299048

>go to concerts
>death glare anyone smoking a joint
>everyone dancing around me
>I just stand with my arms crossed looking like Henry Rollins

But seriously, drugs are stupid. Most people I know who do drugs work retail, still live at home, and get pumped and dumped regularly.

The people I know who are successful and actually are happy are drug free. It took me a while to get to this place, but I really think I'm better than and better off than all of those people polluting their bodies and minds because they can't cope or enjoy life.

It is pathetic.
>>
>>38291822

This. I have a friend who identifies as straight-edge because he had a chronic illness until recently that made drinking dangerous which only got fixed when he was 27, and now he doesn't have any interest in trying it. On it's own that'd be fine, but the fact that he acts like he's "hardcore" because he's been physically sick most of his life bugs the hell out of me.

There's also a ton of hypocrisy on his part: SE is supposed to be about taking care of yourself and treating your body like a temple, but he stuffs his face with fast food and has made zero effort to even attempt to learn how to cook on his part. He's over 200 lbs. at 5'7 because he exclusively eats fast food and the frozen dinners his mother buys.
>>
I find it funny straight edgers are anti-drug but culturally appropriate violent culture and music typically associated with drug fueled degeneracy.
>>
SxE is based on being abrasive. Ian wrote that song telling people to fuck off for bothering him for being a kid who didn't drink or do drugs in the punk scene. They acted like they were better than. Straight Edge was him saying being a straight kid gave him an edge if anything. SxE is counter culture.
>>
It's because you're snooty about it.
I've never met somebody who abstained from that shit and never made a point to act superior about it.
>>
>>38300611
Because people give you shit for it. So you're forced to be an asshole so they'll shut the fuck up.
>>
I'm pretty much straight edge.
I don't bother with drugs of any kind as it just ruins you physically and mentally.
I have a terrible alchohol tolerance so four pints of beer gets me pretty drunk. I kinda keep drinking to a minimum as I go full 14/88 Sieg Heil!
I think excess drugs and alcohol abuse from hanging out with a bunch of degenerates really put me off doing it. I spend most of my days reading or fishing or vidya. It's a nice life.
>>
File: tumblr_nisd27ejY01rqfas3o1_1280.jpg (155KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nisd27ejY01rqfas3o1_1280.jpg
155KB, 640x640px
LSD is the only acceptable drug. This son of a bitch really shows how incredible life is and all other drugs and sex are just escapes from the reality of life.

Just taking it once really made me appreciate life and set me on track to success and happiness.
>>
Straight edge is like literally being muslim but not praying 5 times a day and eating pork.
Since you straight edge fags are halfway there already why don't you just read the Quran?
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.