[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Finally go to eye doctor after 23 years of nearsightedness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: Frisco-Texas-eye-contacts.jpg (21KB, 640x237px) Image search: [Google]
Frisco-Texas-eye-contacts.jpg
21KB, 640x237px
>Finally go to eye doctor after 23 years of nearsightedness
>Get trial contacts and go outside
>"This is fucking amazing"
>Go home and try to take them off
>"This is fucking awful"
Took 2 hours to take out both of them, best and worst day this week.
>>
File: 1476178106844.png (644KB, 1398x925px) Image search: [Google]
1476178106844.png
644KB, 1398x925px
>want to wear contacts because of the nu-male meme (even though I wear wire frames)
>have a babyface
>look like I'm 16 when I don't have my glasses on
>I'm 25
>>
>>38289544
How do you have such a hard time taking them out? I used to spend 30 minutes every day popping the useless shitters into my eyes cause of the eye twitch I'd get from touching my eyelids to put em in.

Taking them out was as simple as molesting the surface of my eye a little.
>>
>>38289562
Time to slay preteen pussy
>>
>>38289613
Not OP but I have a harder time putting them in than taking them out but only because I have an autistic and/or OCD thing about making sure that there's absolutely NO lint or microhairs or anything on the lens before I put them on

but when I wash my hands before I put contacts in then when I dry my hands the towel always leaves little microhairs or lint fibers on my fingertips so I basically spend 15-20 minutes just putting the fuckers in because my fingers have to be clean but also lint-free. I had no problems w/r/t "eye twitch" and actually putting them in but HOLY FUCK is it a pain in the ass to make sure everything is completely sterile and clean and lint-free before you get going

>tl;dr: contacts and OCDtism dont mix I dont think

>>38289659
I wish. even they want Chad
>>
>>38289544
You will get used to it.
A pro tip use your free hand middle finger raise your upper eye lid and use the other middle finger to pull the lower eye lid
>>
>>38289544
when i went to the glasses shop to get some contacts and they gave me practice contacts it took me 2 hours to just get 1 in. i just bought them anyway and it took me 4 hours to do both when i got home.

taking them out the first time was a little bit easier cause even then you could pinch your eyelids and it will still come off if your eye is closed.

after a little while it takes me 10 seconds to get them on and off and sometimes if im feeling dangerous i wont use a mirror
>>
your story is mine op

don't worry it gets so easy after like a month
>>
>>38289714
>using a mirror
I put my lens on while i am on my pc get on my level noob
>>
>>38289544
You'll get used to it. When I first started wearing contacts It would take 30 minutes to get them in or out. It was very frustrating. Now it'll only take 30 seconds for both eyes.
>>
Nice blog OP.
Also get fucking glasses instead of stupid lenses
>>
>mainly wear glasses
>only wear contacts occasionally
>eyes get tired as fuck after 4 hours with contacts

Contacts are shit
>>
>>38289613
The eye twitch made them a bitch for me as well, took about the same amount of time too.

Taking the first one out took maybe 10 minutes, felt longer but then the second one took so goddamn long. No matter how much I fucked around with my eye it wouldn't budge until I poured at least a third of my eye drops in that eye and pinched like mad.
>>
>>38289544
How much does it cost to get to an eye doctor? For the past year or so my eyesight has been getting considerably worse and I think it's time for glasses/contacts.
>>
>>38289793
yea no whatever fucking presses on your nose when you wear glasses piss me off
>>
>>38289696
you need to dry your hands after washing with a paper towel for no lint
>>
>>38289835
>you need to dry your hands after washing with a paper towel for no lint
Don't paper towels leave lint too? Like bounty towels and the like
>>
>>38289825

I have glasses that are all plastic. I don't like glasses with the little gummy things that sit on your nose. Those hurt. My glasses are comfy as fuck though, and the frames were only twenty bucks
>>
>>38289807
If I just bought glasses it would've been 70 bucks for 2 pairs and a free exam. I did that, a diagnosis thing to check for eye problems and a contacts exam that came with a prescription and the trial contacts. Came to about $175. No idea how much real contacts will be yet.
>>
>glasses make my eyes look huge
>take off glasses
>either my terrible vision is tricking me or women start staring at me
>I spent 20 years of my life believing I was ugly when in reality it was just my glasses
>contact lenses scare the shit out of me

How do I get alpha eyes?
>>
>>38289849
no, not in my experience. it also helps to dip the lenses in solution to rinse off all the stuff but that's just what i do, idk if it's good for you
>>
>>38289886

Contacts are no big deal after you get use to jamming shit in your eyes. They don't hurt, and its not like you have to worry about the contact getting stuck behind your eye or anything like that.
>>
>>38289886
lasik you stupid fucking nigger
>>
>tfw people tell you to never sleep or shower with contacts on but you do it anyway
>>
>>38289996
I remember 10 years ago as a teenager the optician telling me lasik wouldn't really work for me, but I'll get a second opinion soon.

because i think that optician might have been retarded, and actually meant to communicate that lasik wouldn't fix the apparently weak connection between my brain and left eye. but glasses don't fix that either you dumb cunt, so lasik would still be great for me. if that's what that bitch meant them i'm fucking pissed.

>tfw scared of someone shooting beams into my eyes
>>
>>38290050
>someone
It's literally a machine. Nobody is operating a laser. It does stuff all on its own.
>>
>>38290075
i'm getting excited. if this works out this will be life changing.
>>
>>38290101
It also could not work. Resulting in inflammation of the lens or some similar horrific shit that turns you blind. It's a fucking laser after all. One wrong move and it burns through your eye and severs the nerves.
>>
>>38289544
>people can't see
>don't want to look uncool and wear glasses
>Still do tons of other uncool stuff like virgin walk or dressing like an aspie or playing non normie video games

Why are glasses so abhorrent to you people?
>>
File: IMG_5040.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5040.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
for the people who have problems with twitching: try using your dominant hands pointer finger and place the lense on tip of finger like pic related then use your other hands middle finger or ring finger to pull down your bottom eyelid and then look up and place your lense on the bottom half of your eyeball
>>
>>38289544
Just wear glasses
>>
>>38289544
it gets easier. it only takes me a few seconds now.

>>38290209
this. i use my other hand's pointer and middle fingers to hold my eye lid open.
>>
>>38290185
>Why are glasses so abhorrent to you people?
looks are easy to change
>>
>>38289544
I have never had a problem with them. Never had a problem going to the dentist either.

I literally pop them in and slide them off.

Short and clean fingernails are a good first step. Then you have to tolerate a bit of irritation (the whole touching your eye without blinking thing) taking them off.

That's about all the advice I can offer without showing you.
>>
>>38290500
Being blind isn't
>>
>>38290209
Wait, do people not do it this way? They taught me this the first time i had to put them in.
>>
>>38290584
but we're specifically talking about people who get contact lenses and lasik.

so yea, it's easier to get those things done than to change deep-seated issues that make you an awkward doofus.
>>
>>38289886
>when in reality it was just my glasses
this is what numales actually believe
>>
Contacts are annoying as fuck and I can barely focus my eyes or read stuff with them on
>>
I have contacts but never wear them because I rarely look at objects that aren't right in front of me.
>>
>>38289562
iktfb

except i don't wear glasses at all i just look like a high schooler.

shit sucks
i'm going to hit the gym to make me look more manly.
>>
>>38289562
>even though I wear wire frames
I ordered the plastice frames because I need thicker lenses, am I going down the path of the numale?
>>
>>38289849
Dry your hands with coffee filters.
>>
You get used to it very quickly. Soon you'll be able to poke your bare eyeball just for lulz
>>
>>38289544

you get used to putting them in & taking them out. took me a couple weeks to get good with it. i've started wearing contacts because working outside in the heat with glasses is fucking awful. my left eye gets blurry sometimes tho.
>>
>>38290101
I would not risk the only pair of eyes that I'm ever going to have with a laser. Get contacts or stop being self-conscious and just wear glasses.
>>
File: 1497584010107.jpg (19KB, 900x918px) Image search: [Google]
1497584010107.jpg
19KB, 900x918px
>>38289544
brother same thing has happened to me recently I was getting fuckin mad too but the thing is you gotta outgrow your instincts of being scared when your finger gets near your eye

when you are trying to put it on you should aim for the colored part of your eye but make sure it goes on and your eye doesnt move
>>
Enjoy the risk of permanent eye damage if you fuck up once.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.