[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is nihilism a robot thing or what?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 0240_-_TI44O9i.png (497KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
0240_-_TI44O9i.png
497KB, 500x485px
Is nihilism a robot thing or what?
>>
>>38281953
I'm guessing No considering how triggered 4chan is by nihilism.

It's a site-wide hatred but posting anything that could be construed as nihilism, especially on /r9k/ /lit/ or /pol/ immediately receives sneers of 'edgygag!' and blatant disdain from other anons.

Not sure why, but nihilists seem to be hated even more thsn normie; it wasn't always like that here though, something changed I'm just not sure what.
>>
>>38282064
Probably because the place is flooded with normalfags.
>>
>>38282096
So is there some sort of natural conflict between nihilists and normies?
Is that what you're saying?

I know a lot of Plebbit users come over here to fuck with anons now, and I know they love how much they love Kant so that is possible.
>>
>>38281953
It's more like Reddit is causing a comeback of it, like with edgy youngfags who think Rick and Morty is the best cartoon ever made.
It's not new and you're still getting cucked.
>>
>>38282274
>So is there some sort of natural conflict between nihilists and normies?
>Is that what you're saying?
Yes, I think so. Normalfags will immediately reject such philosophies.
>>
>>38282448
Actually its not just reddit, all modern social media has a percentage of people who live on the extreme edge and miraculously appear to have a masive kink for memes. Those people are crowding 4chan as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>38282064
Practical nihilism brings destruction.
>>
File: 1499700179672.jpg (37KB, 402x370px) Image search: [Google]
1499700179672.jpg
37KB, 402x370px
>>38282064
>but nihilists seem to be hated

That's because nearly every self proclaimed nihilist is a retarded, egotistical 18 year old anime poster who is convinced he is the first one to realize the nothing has any meaning - the kind of people who think they are "enlightened in a world of sheep" for reading Nietzsche once
>>
>>38283425
Not if you go the absurdist route

>>38283726
Yeah you gotta read it twice
>>
>>38282578
i think you are right normies think that nihilism is all "dude life is meaningless xD" but they miss the whole point and when they meet real nihilist they just think that he is weird
>>
>>38283789
What does XD mean?

Mexican kids always post this in the comment section of DBZ youtube fan vids

Ayyy xd
>>
>>38281953
I define it as "the feeling that occurs when people you expect to do something decent are doing retarded shit". So, I guess, for me it's normal and happens all the time.
>>
I feel as if a lot of people today could be considered nihilistic even if they're not aware of it.

Like if you're not still religious, and you're not part of some political ideology, there's a fair chance you don't really have any overarching sense of meaning behind the things you do.

As I've tried to become a bit more of a normie and make friends, I've met a lot of people who just spend their time in pursuit of hedonism, don't really seem to give a fuck about other people, and hide whatever actual convictions they may or may not have under a layer of ironic humor. And I can see some of myself in these people, honestly.
>>
>>38283964
>I've met a lot of people who just spend their time in pursuit of hedonism, don't really seem to give a fuck about other people, and hide whatever actual convictions they may or may not have under a layer of ironic humor. And I can see some of myself in these people, honestly.

Wait what, are you saying that's nihilism?

I'm not a nihilist, I care about things. I don't want my pizza to get cold when it's delivered and I'm going to be really sad when my mom passes. If I care about things I can't be a nihilist.
>>
>>38283756
>Not if you go the absurdist route
Every practical nihilist cant just go that route. When practical nihilists adopt/create ideologies it ends with shit getting REKT.
>>
>>38284018
Are you memeing me right now? I never said you have to care about literally nothing to be a nihilist, I wasn't even really trying to define it. We're talking about people who don't really have values. I'm sure even most murderers would probably be sad if their mom died.
>>
Yes, every robot rejects society and just wants to see it burn. Nihilism fits well with this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.