[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What keeps you going?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6635.jpg (30KB, 768x433px)
IMG_6635.jpg
30KB, 768x433px
For me it's my dream of commissioning into the military. I'm two years away from a Bachelors and I'm already burnt out on college.
>>
>>38280636
Politics. Sir Oswald Moseley speaches
>>
>>38280636
gene editing. It's the only reason I'm trying to become wealthy and stay alive
>>
>>38280636
Shipping out to BCT late next month. That's all I've got pretty much.
>>
Becoming a filmmaker. Already made one short, I think I'm gonna crack at an ultra low budget feature next
>>
>>38280636
> What keeps you going?
escapism
>>
>>38280636
Nothing. I'm not going.
>>
File: tale-of-tales.jpg (45KB, 537x324px) Image search: [Google]
tale-of-tales.jpg
45KB, 537x324px
My writing.
It's almost all I ever daydream about, sometimes I even dream of it at night. I carry a tiny notebook for story ideas of what happens next. I've recently reworked a lot of it and learned a lot about writing and writing styles, so I've scrapped the old 1,200 page story. I'm only on page 38, but the work is rewarding.
It may not be that original or ground-breaking, but it's mine.
>>
File: 1497802384393.jpg (132KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497802384393.jpg
132KB, 800x800px
>>38280636
I look forward to the end of the day where I can indulge in vices and the time just flies and I can go to sleep and stop being conscious. I look forward to getting a caffeine buzz or playing a video game or enjoying a funny TV show
>>
>>38280636
Escapist fantasies. I have no real prospects so I just do my best to distract myself from the fact that I don't have any reason to keep going.

>>38280725
What kind of films do you want to make?
>>
> What keeps you going?
every night i escape in a madeup world where i play many stories out
for quite some years i've been dreaming about this
>>
Continuing to better myself.

I'm almost 24.

Five years ago, I was a virgin who'd never even held hands with a girl, let alone kissed or hooked up. I had zero self-esteem, no social skills, and not a single hobby that didn't involve sitting in front of a television set or computer screen.

Shortly before my 20th birthday, I started traveling. Made a lot of friends, lost my virginity, and uncovered a bunch of new interests. Now I've had two relationships, slept with a bunch of random women, and have been to about 40 countries. I can read and write Arabic, thanks to university courses, bought my first motorcycle last year, and am almost finished with the second of two bachelor's degrees.

Once I'm back in the United States in January, I'm going to take salsa lessons, learn to box, and sign up for an intensive Spanish course in Mexico City for two months in either May or June.

I'll never be a Top Chad, but I'm happy with the direction my life is going. Things don't quite make sense yet - I'm not sure which master's program I'll apply for, for instance - but it seems like the fog is starting to clear and I'm getting a better-defined sense of purpose.
>>
i'm waiting for the gup OVA's that air in December that's pretty much it
>>
>>38281051
W-what the fuck are you doing here Chad?
>>
I have a beautiful girl and we love eachother but she lives in London, saving money to visit gets me up in the morning
>>
>>38281072

Habits are hard to break, friend.

I've been coming to 4chan since I was either 15 or 16. Basically lived on the boards all throughout my autism phase.
>>
>>38280923
That sounds amazing, share some stories that you wrote
>>
File: IMG_1221.jpg (36KB, 220x283px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1221.jpg
36KB, 220x283px
Returning blacks to they rightful place
>>
>>38280636
Living long enough to see FTL travel, cryosleep and/or extremely good VR to become real.

There's nothing in this world for me right now and I'm not holding my breath on timetravel.
>>
>>38280636
>>38280966

This. Worst part is an old knee injury from skateboarding will prevent me from joining therefore my fantasy will slways be a fantasy but I ignore this and try to maintain because if I lose that, I'll lose everything. Probably the same reason my mom still goes to church regularly but every once and a while she will say something like "I-I guess I don't really know for sure.....but there MUST be something!". She knows it's bullshit, but only edgelords can throw out all their cherished beliefs and not be crushed by reality.

I have no idea what's going to happen to me when I actually graduate and have to face the fact that my dreams just won't work. I'm essentially gambling on the fact that I will find some other motivation in the next 900 days or so.

Jesus maybe I should have become a priest? Already sexless.
>>
>>38280636
You're only two years in and you're already burnt out? Motherfucker, I went to postsecondary longer than that. Shut the fuck up. College is one of the easiest things you'll do in life and if you can't handle the bullshit, you won't last a second in the military you fucking wannabe boot faggot.
>>
>>38281267
>College is one of the easiest things you'll do in life
>every college in every area of every country is the same in every subject
Kys retard.
>>
>>38281267
I'm sick of being broke and I'm sick of taking bullshit classes. I just want to get started with my career and live.
>>
File: chopines.png (936KB, 1280x543px) Image search: [Google]
chopines.png
936KB, 1280x543px
>>38281112

There's something about it being all mine that makes it special. I might see if anybody's interested in publishing it someday, but only after I'm satisfied.
My old story took itself too seriously to the point where it was starting to collapse in on itself, and the characters grew in my head until they weren't the ones in the earlier parts of the story. The writing style and loredumps were boring. I started reading more, and I'm taking more influence from mythology and old fairy tales. I've added more characters and it's more self-indulgent. The different cultures are more distinct and less of an afterthought.
I do mostly make it up as I go along with a skeleton to build on, so it really isn't as much of a story yet.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.