[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shoplifting?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: OurBrand.jpg (447KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
OurBrand.jpg
447KB, 1080x1920px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RPCjsCXaKU
Video from a cell phone of a shoplifter getting held taken outside the store I work at, people on facebook are arguing over it, I found the vid on youtube and thought I'd ask your guys opinion on the matter?
Is shoplifting a big-ish deal? Is theft negligible if the amount is relatively small? Are teens these days little cunts because most of society is expected to handle them with a pair of kiddie gloves, so to speak?
pic not really related, but also taken at the store I work at
>>
I work at a grocery store too. I never care but my managers always mention to watch people if someone is stealing while I'm stocking stuff. The shit that you steal is never worth the fine that is given to you and the charges.
>>
>>38279029
i'm not a loss prevention or even lead clerk, all they told me to do was call my boss if I think someone is stealing, and call up security if I know someone is stealing
idk if the gril in the vid will be charged though, apparently she's just a teen
>>
>>38278988
I don't deal in morality, if you're going to steal you have you reasons, don't get caught, and if you do get caught whomever is responsible for having you charged/thrown in jail has to do so. It's stupid to distill things into morality, there are things one person wants, and things the other person wants, and the two are mutually exclusive.
>>
>Is theft negligible if the amount is relatively small

What is "negligibly small"? People usually shoplift what they can fit on their person, so it will always be a small amount compared to a cart full of stuff. It obviously adds up, otherwise stores wouldn't spend money on security or loss prevention
>>
>>38279088
>people don't steal cartfulls of stuff
according to my more experienced coworkers, you are very wrong about that
>>
>>38278988
Should be prosecuted if caught, letting people off will only encourage more to do it thinking they can get away with it. God damn just pay for your shit.
>>
>>38279149

Yeah sure, but those people are usually experienced shoplifters who operate in groups
>>
>>38279186
really?
the story I heard that I remember was it was some nigger who blew all his money and booze and tried to sneak out the back with a cart
got like half of it unloaded into his car when the lead confronted him, the nig begged to be let go cuz he had already been convicted of shit before and one more would send him to jail for awhile
supposedly this was years ago and that fucker is still in prison for shoplifting lool
>>
I don't have sympathy for people that steal. I used to be very poor when I was younger and I never thought to steal or think that my parents will. We just did without until things got better.
>>
>>38278988
the only type of theft I can tolerate is food theft

if someone is starving and needs food or their baby needs food and they can't get it any other way then it is somewhat justifiable

but people almost never steal food, I work retail and I know what people steal;

They steal electronics, and sometimes toys

why do they steal this shit? for drug money that is almost always the case, or they steal because they get a thrill out of it, either way they need to make better choices
>>
>>38278988
>the bitch writhing and screaming like a burning witch on a steak

i'm no security officer but i'm pretty sure you are permitted to stop people from stealing by any means necessary

>"JUST LET HER GO AND THE COPS WILL FIND HER"

kek
>>
>>38278988
I work for a grocery store and they always say that you're never allowed to physically touch shoplifters. This dude fucked up big time. You're supposed to just try and get the plates of the getaway vehicle and report it instead of trying to physically subdue a person.
>>
>>38279218

That's just what I know from the "training" they give us at the food store I work at (glorified slideshow lectures with three quiz questions afterwards)

The bulk of shoplifting is done by inexperienced individuals who just grab what they can stuff under their clothes from the shelves
>>
Stealing from small, independent stores isn't cool, but who gives a fuck if it's some mega corporation? Why would you defend those assholes? It's not your loss.
>>
>>38279257
>they steal toys for drug money
Anon....
>>
>>38279360
it is your loss, stores have to cover the cost of theft in their prices

if people didn't steal then prices could be lower for everyone
>>
>>38279360
stealing is immoral even if it's from megacorps, it sets the precedent that anyone can do it, and if everyone starts doing it it all falls apart
that's why security, loss prevention, and cops for that matter exist
>>
Im a store security so i have to care. Most of the time the price of goods stolen is betwin 10-40 euro. The first few times its an adrenalin rush. After a time it becomes a rutine. Dont know if you get a permanent record for petty theft.

Besides most pay when we catch them.
>>
>>38279329
This. The most you're supposed to do is go up to them, ask if they need help, maybe follow them around the store, let them leave then report to the police
>>
>>38279401
Prices are ajusted by crops per year. It doesnt matter how much is stolen because its a low percentage.
>>
This thread would be a different story if it was someone black, but since it's a white whore no one gives a shit.
>>
>>38280223
funny enough people are saying the exact opposite on facebook
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.