[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys please make me feel better. I had my laptop stolen with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: sf1bwt9mozfy.png (366KB, 494x548px) Image search: [Google]
sf1bwt9mozfy.png
366KB, 494x548px
Guys please make me feel better.

I had my laptop stolen with ALL of photos, literally thousands of them.

>christmas when I was a kid
>holidays with family (some of whom have passed away)
>school and college
>all my 4chan pictures cultivated over the last decade

I don't have backups, my family thinks I still have them cuz I scanned the photographs and threw away most of the physical copies.

Please tell me what is the most you have lost and how do you overcome the loss?
>>
>>38276191
>threw away most of the physical copies.
What the fuck were you thinking anon? THOSE WERE OUR FAMILY PHOTOS ANON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>38276191
Wtf this cat looks like a high jew
>>
>>38276209
If you scan a document you can throw away the paper copy. Saves you having to carry around boxes upon boxes of shit when moving house. Also keeps them safe through encryption.
>>
>>38276253
Do you not understand that family photos are different than some random paper documents? The difference is that family photos are irreplaceable unique hard copies that have sentimental value placed upon them. The fact that you can "save space" does not matter because YOU LOST THE FUCKING DIGITAL PHOTOS. Now you have NO photos! FUCK I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU AND I'M MAD FUCK YOU
>>
>>38276191

any chance of finding the laptop?
>>
>>38276308
I know I fucked up. I'm considering suicide.

>>38276357
No I had it stolen in London. It didn't have any tracking or anything.
>>
>>38276391
How was it stolen? Also why were you in London? It's an absolutely wretched hive of scum and villainy.

My real question is, how lost is lost? Beyond the reach of even concentrated autism?
>>
>>38276418
I was in a pub on holiday, went to bathroom, came back, everything was gone. I wasn't even alone, nobody saw it happen. I went to the police and they wouldn't check the cameras, says it might taken them a week before they could get around to it. Wouldn't have made any difference it would have been sold pretty quick anyway.
>>
>>38276418
Oh and I was in London to see friends, some areas are nice but fuck me so many Brown people it looked like fucking Bangladesh or something.
>>
>>38276476
I have hope for you, Anon. A few years ago my laptop was stolen and it was found at a used electronics store eventually.
>>
you learned something.
don't bother saving anything on a hard drive unless you plan on backing the shit up to an external.

also
>leaving shit unattended in the open public
um? i don't care if you were alone or had a bodyguard detail protect the laptop, it's still dumb.
>>
>>38276191
I lost everything I owned in a house fire once. Insurance replaced everything in terms of financial value, but all of my personal belongings were gone forever. You need to realize that things are just things, and you still have the memories, which is more important. Don't be so materialistic, it's not good for anyone to be attached to objects.
>>
>>38276573
Sorry to hear that, but memories fade, that's what photos are for. To remind you of good times. I'd literally trade everything I own to get them back.
>>
>>38276604
If they fade, were they really all that important to begin with? It's not good to dwell on the past for too long, either. Sure, it would be good to be able to look back on every once in a while, but that's a luxury of life you don't get anymore.
Really, it's fine, there's still plenty to do now and it really doesn't affect you all that much, if you don't let it.
>>
>>38276191
You've just made me realise I have many unique photos on my laptop that would be lost forever if something happened. Thanks for the heads up anon.
>>
>willingly left valuables unattended
>never backed up files on an external device in a secure place

You deserved it. The towelhead (since this is London) that almost certainly snatched it up the second you walked away likely already wiped the hard drive and is using its parts for a bomb.
>>
White people are so naive. You don't trust brown people, this is coming from a puertorican who can't put trash outside any day, besides the one prior to garbage day, otherwise someone is gonna tear it up and look for shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.