[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glasses Vs. Contact Lenses

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1486087342019.jpg (68KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1486087342019.jpg
68KB, 645x773px
Which one's are better? Pros and cons? Your personal opinions?
>>
File: 1482506591145.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1482506591145.png
51KB, 657x527px
>tfw I'd wear contact lenses more often if I wasn't a degenerate alcoholic + drug addict who always has to put anti-redness drops in his eyes
>>
>>38272126
glasses

you can fuck your eyes up with contacts if you're not careful
>>
>>38272140
Sorry to hear that brobot. So then you like contact lenses more? Why?
>>
>>38272126
Glasses are way more practical
>>
I really want to get contacts but the idea of something touching my eyes horrifies me
>>
>>38272179
What about when they fog up when you're hot? Or the constant adjusting? Rain's a bitch as well
>>
File: 61ugiMPckwL._SY355_.jpg (10KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61ugiMPckwL._SY355_.jpg
10KB, 355x355px
If you're tired and forget to take contacts off before you sleep, you'll be blind when you wake up. Glasses is the one true path, wore them for my whole life, can't believe I actually considered contacts at one point.
>>38272222
Rubbing soap/shaving cream/saliva on the glasses prevents fogging, I don't know why but it just works. If you constantly need to adjust, get better frames or adjust your head posture. If you don't want to bother with either of that, what I used to do as a kid was have rope attached to the glasses that would wrap around my head and keep it snug, see pic related. Rain is something you get used to.
>>
>>38272342
Thanks for the info. Just wondering, how old are you anon and how bad is your eyesight?
>>
cant fall asleep, shower or swim with contacts in.

If I wear mine doing anything that might cause eyestrain, like gaming for 6 hours or something, they tend to go in and out of focus alot. Those are toric lenses for astigmatism though.

They are good for being outside (can see with sunglasses,) sports, hiking, going out in public. They can be a pain to put in and take out though, it's an extra daily task, like brushing your teeth.

Also, you need to take good care of them, change them out when you're supposed to, wash your hands before you put them anywhere near your eyes, don't put them in & take them out in the bathroom, change the solution every use and keep the case clean, you can wind up with nasty infections and pink eye and stuff if you're not hygienic about it.

You wont be blind if you sleep with them in on accident but they can get seriously stuck to your eye and that could mean a trip to the er, even if you only doze off for like 20 minutes

I've got both, I normally just wear glasses at home if I'm not going anywhere. Contacts if I head out.
>>
>>38272363
I'm young, turning 20 this year but I started wearing glasses around 1st or 2nd grade so I've worn them for pretty much most of my life so far. I don't know shit about eyesight but a lot of people tell me it's pretty fucking bad. I can't even read what's on my monitor without my glasses and I sit pretty close to it.
>>
>>38272467
That's informative,thanks. Seems like contacts are for more active people.
>>
>>38272503
I know that feel. I'm only 18 (still so young) and both of my eyes are already -5.25. That's really shit and I can barely see anything without my glasses.
>>
>Glasses
+ Perfectly functional
+ No need to touch your eyeballs
+ Low maintenance
+ Less wasteful than contacts
: If you fall asleep in them, you break or bend the frames.
- If you choose the wrong frames you look like an asshole.

>Contacts
+ No need to wear glasses
- Higher chances of eye infection
- Higher chances of corneal abrasion
- Wasteful af
- God forbid an eyelash finds its way underneath the contact
- Dry eyes
- Wrong types can fuck up your eyes in sunlight without sunglasses (so you still need to wear glasses anyway, go figure)
- If you fall asleep in them, you lose your eyeballs

I think the choice is pretty clear.
>>
>>38272126
touching my eyes is scary so I'll always wear glasses.
Unless they make a 200% safe laser/alternative correction at not too expensive. Although it will be expensive to make up for all the glasses that won't be sold as a result.
>>
>>38272550
Yeah, seems like everyone is against contact lenses. Guess I'll be sticking with glasses for now until I can maybe get a LASIK surgery.
>>
>>38272593
Nah, just get glasses and stick with it. LASIK can go wrong and is only temporary. That's what they don't tell you.
>>
>>38272609
Really? I've read up that the chances of failure are low. Not to mention it'll fix your eyes up until you're of that age when eyesight goes naturally bad
>>
Contact lenses sucked. I used to have my lenses rip in half and get lost in my eye. Shit hurt.
Wear glasses now, they round out my face better.
>>
Anyone else act autistic during eye exams? Whenever they ask which looks better, I start to say the other option if I said the same thing too much.
>which looks better? 1 or 2
>o-one
>1 or 2
>o-one
>1 or 2
>o- uh I mean t-two

In hindsight this probably made my eyesight worse.
>>
>>38272624
Chances of failure are low, but still there. Zero chance of fucking up your eyes with glasses.
>>
>>38272342
I have been sleeping with my contacts in for the past 10 years, this is a myth.
>>
>>38272684
You are a lucky exception then. Turning blind from one night is an exaggeration but it does make most people's eyes red and require a trip to the doctor.
>>
>>38272126
I personally prefer contacts way more. Wore glasses since I was 10, always hated them.

At first it can be quite hard and frustrating putting contacts in, only started wearing them when I was nearly 18. But I prefer them because I look more aesthetic, there's no trouble with rain or them fogging up, better for sports etc.

As long as you clean your contacts, change them as much as you need and don't do anything stupid (like swimming, showering or sleeping with them in), it will be fine
>>
>>38272126
contact lenses are almost always better unless you have nice frames and you dress well.
>>
>>38272157
>So then you like contact lenses more? Why?
Because they make me look less virginal than frames
>>
>>38272126
It honestly boils down to which feels more comfortable for you and which looks better, you should honestly have glasses even if you only use contacts most of the time.
>>
>so blind if I wanted to wear contacts i'd still need light frame glasses
Feelsbadman I would like to get laser eye surgery but i'm too afraid i'd end up blind
>>
Glasses = low maintenance, which is perfect for a lazy autist like me who regularly neglects the simplest of personal hygiene tasks
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.