[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afraid of horror movies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: Scary-Movie-Quiz-Main.jpg (358KB, 981x552px) Image search: [Google]
Scary-Movie-Quiz-Main.jpg
358KB, 981x552px
Are there more people like me - too sensitive to watch horror movies?
>watched a horror movie
>unable to sleep, think about the most disturbing moments from a movie again and again
>>
File: Family_photo.gif (359KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
Family_photo.gif
359KB, 500x396px
Nah I like them, the scarier the better, the best ones are the ones that truly terrify you on an existential level. That's when you know you've got the good shit.
>>
Yes, people seem to love them but I feel eternal horror. Someone who feels the same way finally...
>>
File: 1491065685736.jpg (34KB, 535x462px) Image search: [Google]
1491065685736.jpg
34KB, 535x462px
>>38260069
im afraid of horror movies so i watch rekt and gore before sleep.
>>
>>38260069
I'm pretty sure everyone is at least a little bit scared of horror movies. It just depends on whether or not you want to continue putting yourself through the mini adrenaline rushes.

I personally enjoy the rush and feelings of fear.
>>
File: Skullhead.png (270KB, 498x446px) Image search: [Google]
Skullhead.png
270KB, 498x446px
>>38260069
Have you ever tried horror comedy or simply critiquing all of the horror movie cliches? I can't say I have nightmares or dwell on horror movies, but I prefer horror comedy over pure horror any day of the week.
>>
>>38260069
I used to be but then I watched like 5 and it went away. I think it's a tolerance thing. Now I love horror movies. It's one of the most consistent genres around. There only been one really strong sci fi movie in the decade (Ex Machina) at least to me, while horror has had a bunch.
>>
>>38260264
Yes for me it's a dread and I can't detach myself on emotional level from the most terryfing moments from a movie, I go over the most terryfing scences hours, days after watching it, it drains me emotionally. Though I've always been envious of people that could watch them especially of those watching them not batting an eyelid.

>>38260366
For me building a tolerance didn't really work out, since I've seen some horror movies, but almost always they shake me up emotionally.
>>
>>38260069
No. I love horror movies with a big mindfuck at the end that leaves you emotionally distraught. I wish more movies made me feel this way.
>>
>>38260069
>scream
>horror movie
>>
>>38260806
It's a Slasher with meta themes, but slasher is a horror subgenre. That opening scene is pretty scary.
>>
>>38260069
I have the same thing though not with horrors but with some good psychological thrillers/dramas. Dramas/thrillers are most of the time realistic and horrors are not.
>>
File: 1488585173805.jpg (141KB, 700x750px) Image search: [Google]
1488585173805.jpg
141KB, 700x750px
>>38260069
I wish I was like you. I don't get scared of movies anymore. I can still respect them for the technical qualities, but they don't scare me like they did when I was younger. I miss that feeling that a horror movie could give me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.