[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afterlife

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 9

File: 1413836348698.jpg (71KB, 599x463px) Image search: [Google]
1413836348698.jpg
71KB, 599x463px
So what do you think comes after?
>>
File: 1477788364253.png (173KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
1477788364253.png
173KB, 600x655px
>>38255070
Oh my God, what an awful word!
>>
>>38255070
Nothing. Your dead. Everything that culminated in the stream of consciousness that was your life is either broken or rapidly degrading.
>>
Nothing. Anything else is just wishful thinking. You will never see your dead friends or relatives again, and when it's your turn, nobody will see you again either.
>>
>>38255423
That's sincerely reassuring to hear
>>
Nothingness but you'll be incorporated into the consciousness of other beings and systems that come after. Eventually you will merge with the godhead at the end of the universe.

This all exists in a state of unconsciousness and timelessness of course.
>>
File: 1497456338085.png (431KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1497456338085.png
431KB, 640x478px
>>38255487
>Eventually you will merge with the godhead at the end of the universe.

Care to explain further?
>>
>>38255487
What, you get that from the Elder Scrolls?
>>
File: 14141256774.jpg (21KB, 393x381px) Image search: [Google]
14141256774.jpg
21KB, 393x381px
>>38255423
Also prove it, fegit.
>>
>>38255507
things tend towards complexity when they have an input of energy, living systems are an example of this. If allowed to survive and continue, eventually complexity will reach its maximum, and then all matter will be a part of the same complex system.

That or everything ends up in a black hole which as far as your dead matter is concerned, is the same end result. (Even if there's a cold freeze scenario, quantum tunneling will eventually collapse everything back again)

>>38255508
Never played any of those games, what do you mean
>>
>>38255524
People who fuck up their brains are fucked. People who die tend to stay dead. You can be brain dead where your biological processes continue but mental does not. Conciseness is an emergent process of the brain, being dead interrupts this biological process. I see no evidence to conclude that conciseness can exist without a physical biological mind elsewhere hence I do not believe it to be true.
>>
>>38255070
Another cycle.
We are here forever.
>>
Nothing. Just like the "beforelife". We've all been there.
>>
>>38255070
Sorry to have to tell you this but nothing comes after death.
>>
>>38255070

you get a life review and you see how bad and good you were

you hang out with infinite love for a moment of eternity and then reincarnate again to tackle some issues
>>
>>38255524
Your conscousness is inside your Brain. Its made out of material stuff. If the material stuff decayes at some point your consciusness will also.
There is no connection of your brain to a higher soul or whatever you might call it. You I and everyone else only exists inside their heads and there is nothing more to it.
>>
>>38255609
But there is not unlimited energy, and systems that have input energy can be complex because they have energy to do that with, but they can also be more chaotic (think an excited gas), it allows complexity but doesn't determine it. How do you know maximim complexity is spiritual ascendancy if you have nor proof this can happen? A more complex system is at odds with scientific theory that the universe will eventually fade to heat death and entropy.
>>
>>38255639
Some people think the brain is a radio receiver for the consciousness, of course you'll be fucked if the radio receiver is tampered with.

> I see no evidence to conclude that conciseness can exist without a physical biological mind

But you also can't see evidence to conclude consciousness CAN'T exist without your brain. Like why can't you just accept the fact that you can't possibly know what comes after death?
>>
>>38255729
>Your conscousness is inside your Brain.
Prove
it
Just because you say it doesn't make it so.
>>
>>38255755
I can prove that fucking with someones brain will effect their consciousness, personality, perception and self. All these things contribute to your perceptions/conciseness thus it is contained ina physical vessel. I cannot prove any negative "prove that imaginary fairies dont control my mind". I can prove that brains dont interact with radio as the bandwidth is too large for a head shape to receive.
>>
>>38255730
it's not a perfection thing, more like "the bigger [the system is when it dies], the better".
Complexity is determined by the flourishing development of the system.
>>
The earth is flat, fact
>>
>>38255763
You can affect your behaviour through drugs/ pharmaceuticals for one point. If your Soul is somewhere else pharmaceuticals shouldn't change anything.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage
His personality changed after getting an iron rod blown through his head. which also shouldn't have happend if a soul would be existent.
>>
>>38255809
Y tho. What the fuck made this dumb ass rule and told you?
>>
>>38255795
It never ceases to amaze me how these so called ''''''''rationalists'''''''' don't even realize our 3 dimensional mind can't perceive dimensions beyond 3D. Just because you can't ''see'' something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It's like you are blind man using his blindness as proof that the visual reality does not exist.
>>
>>38255070

I read a story sonewhere that you come back as somebody else and live that life. In fact everyone around you is just the other person you have lived or are yet to live as.

I don't belive it. But I find it interesting.
>>
>>38255856
There exists the ego and the soul. The soul is distorted through the ego.

>His personality changed after getting an iron rod blown through his head

Wow, somehow a near death experience changes a person's personality? Who would've thought?
>>
>>38255680
Then how do u explain that I can remember past lives? This fucking guy... Part of the anarcho-christian marxists are we?
>>
File: 1499098079422.jpg (72KB, 500x597px) Image search: [Google]
1499098079422.jpg
72KB, 500x597px
>>38255639
>People who die tend to stay dead.

Guess again, feggit.
>>
>>38255918
No, there is only the ego and the ego is changeable and ultimately destined to die completely like everything else.
>>
File: 5222013195534.jpg (360KB, 540x3933px) Image search: [Google]
5222013195534.jpg
360KB, 540x3933px
>>38255886
Long but good read.
>>
>>38255929

I took acid too anon!
>>
>>38255872
What do you mean? I'm talking about the same principle our brains work on. You just have to do some abstract thinking to extrapolate it after the death of our brains. Of course, it's all pretty much moot anyway because our individuality ceases, but the principles stay the same.

>>38255881
they actually did experiments with rats raised in 2D and 4D simulations and it's quite simple for the brain to make the switch if done in infancy. Not to mention I have a 4D rubiks cube app on my phone I play with from time to time. It's not hard
>>
>>38255070
a long, long sleep.
then "you" wake up in some other body because that body's brain "matches" your original brain in some fundamental way.
this is my hypothesis.
>>
>>38255881
I tend not to believe things that cant be observed because they cannot effect me and I could never prove them to exist, saves you believing unsupported shit for no reason. I can tell a blind man he's blind because I can make predictions about objects that he cannot perceive and he can then verify that with touch. Unless you have proof of a higher dimensions that interact vaguely yadayada then show it or otherwise I cannot bring myself to believe it exists without failed logic.
>>
>>38255941
>linking a jpegified tumblr screenshot

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
>>
>>38255935
Of course an egomaniac who thinks he's got it all figured out would say that.
>>
>>38255886
>die
>reborn as 6ft chad

Hell if that actually happened, i would kill myself in a heart beat
>>
>>38255930
o shet jew zombi from 2000 years ago that only the jews wrote about and not until after he was well dead and no one could verify!
>>
>>38255976
Ad hominem.

Ego fueled response.
>>
>>38255918
Thats just unnecessary over speculation to appeal to your fear of death. I see evidence for a physical source of conciseness that can be damaged, I see no evidence for invisible higher realms. This isn't inception you don't need to constantly go deeper without proof. Yall need occam's razor.
>>
>>38255918
Hello socrates.
So the ego e.g your body distords your 'real' personality your soul. Right?
So from your perspective you can't realy see your soul because your view of the world is distorted through your ego.
You can't even tell if your understanding, your logic is correct.
I would rather define my life through the ego which i can see than to life my life looking at distortion.
>>
>>38255967
I'm sorry :(
But it's still readable, right?
>>
>>38255948
>they actually did experiments with rats raised in 2D and 4D simulations
Link?

>>38255964
All of the ''evidence'' would be anecdotal because we don't have the technology yet to perceive the metaphysical world.
>>
>>38255948
2D and 4D simulations WITH RATS. WTF. What they compressed rats down a couple of dimensions and now they have them traveling through time. FUCKING AY.
>>
>>38255941
Yes! this was what I was talking about. I don't belive stuff like this but I find it a good read
>>
>>38256047
There is no technology because it dosn't exist. prove it does and I will work on proving another magic imaginary higher dimension where where just back in some one else's brain "cush we dont have thee tec to se higher". If you cant prove/verify something exists don't believe it this is logic 101!
>>
i was in a cult and the belief was basic reincarnation would happen to the people who didnt really believe in anything, otherwise it depends on what you believe in.
>>
>>38256015
Not ad hom if it's true. Only an egomaniac could say he's got life and death figured out despite the lack of any kind of evidence to support his claims.
>>38256019
> I see no evidence for invisible higher realms.
But that doesn't count as evidence to support your claims, though. A scientific mind wouldn't disregard anything unless he's got solid evidence to prove otherwise. Just because we couldn't perceive infrared until like 200 years ago that doesn't mean it didn't exist.
>>38256021
Look up ego death.
>>
>>38256047
There is no technology because it doesn't exist. You making the claim need to prove it does, before anyone takes you seriously and I will work on proving another magic imaginary higher dimension where we are just back in some one else's brain "cush we dont have thee tec to se higher". If you cant prove/verify something exists don't believe it this is logic 101!
>>
>>38256112
> If you cant prove/verify something exists don't believe it this is logic 101

Ironic since you don't have any proof either.
>>
>>38256162
You don't need any evidence

Use your god damn brain for fuck's sake.

No memory=no ego= no you

You can easily lose your memories from a trauma, we have proof that the ego can die

Same with the personality, it can change and it depends upon your physical structure, which can change too

So what is eternal about you?

Nothing.
>>
>>38256204
>You don't need any evidence

More retarded words have never been spoken.
Please stop replying to me now because you obviously don't care about the scientific pursuit of truth.
>>
>>38256240
You obviously are a retard and have not brought one single argument to my attention, be gone.
>>
>>38255070
The real question is who gives a damn?
>>
>>38256162
I see no evidence of this therefore I don't believe it. I can never prove a negative but I shouldn't with good logic believe it. I can see the physical impact on brains and consciousness so the simplest and most demostratable solution is that they are physical mechanisms. I could believe that by damaging it I'm just dislodging the immortal energy fairies at the controls but that is taking a unjustified leap in logic.
>>
>>38256262
xDDD Epic brooo YOLO pussy pussy woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo!!!
>>
Nothing. If you're dead then you don't exist. There isn't magic behind it.
>>
>>38256185
I can prove that fucking with physical brains fucks brains. This is a physical mechanism. I have no proof of magic dimensional fairies are the culprit of brain damage and personality so I dont believe it.
>>
>>38256254
Assertions without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.
>>
>>38256254
Your only argument is ''IF I CAN'T SEE IT IT MUST NOT BE REAL'' which is as retarded as one can be.

>>38256291
>but I shouldn't with good logic believe it
You shouldn't completely disregard it, either.
>>
>>38255755
>Some people think the brain is a radio receiver for the consciousness
If that were true then why can people live even if they go inside a faraday cage?

All the evidence points toward your brain being where consciousness resides. If the brain is gone you are gone.
>>
>>38255070
I'm sure nothing comes afterwards. Worst case scenario you end up in some horrible plane of your worst fears for eternity. I don't know why I worry so much about that, probably because I don't know for certain what happens when we die and I don't wanna be surprised if I'm right about the latter.
>>
>>38256304
woho you fuckin shrekt me man. got em good. wooooooooooo
>>
>>38256359
It's not that, you clearly can't read.

Cheers, send my regards to the retard school.
>>
>>38256359
Assertions without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. No I cant prove something intangible, invisible etc dosen't exist no one can. But, I cannot use that to justify a belief in it as it is either not true or not interacting in any meaning full way.
>>
>>38256386
>Worst case scenario you end up in some horrible plane of your worst fears for eternity

But why would that ever happen?
>>
>>38256359
I would summarise it differently to say; "If something cannot be demonstrated to exist it is bad logic to believe in it without proof."
>>
>>38256441
Because 'God' hates you. Also the universe isnt created by god but some all powerful sadistic tormentor or something, because fuck you cosmic horror.
>>
>>38256422
Nice '''''argument''''' you fucking pseudo-intellectual faggot.

>>38256435
>Assertions without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
No, they can't be dismissed until the contrary is proven.
>>
>>38256441
Don't know. I just get the feeling it would and weirdly enough I don't even know why of all things my mind thinks that "Yeah, that'll be it".
>>
>>38256404
you go bro WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>38256505
By dismiss an argument I mean not regard it seriously or as true. This is how you live your life, not taking on every unproved thing as fact until you can design an experiment to prove'em wrong, its called the burden of proof and it resides on the person making the claim.
>>
>>38256505
What a fucking joke, pfff.
>>
>>38256515
wooo hooo wanna fist my asshole till my rectum bleeds shit bro! no homo tho
>>
>>38256505
Anyway its been fun M'Anon *Tips Fedora*. But on the fine land of Australia it is 3:45am and I must be abed. I just need to check this of my "debates rekt" board wow 21 today! A new high score, thats like 4.5 good boy points! Night.
>>
>>38256625
get a life loser you fucking virgin ahahah woooo hooooooooo!
>>
>>38255755
>But you also can't see evidence to conclude consciousness CAN'T exist without your brain. Like why can't you just accept the fact that you can't possibly know what comes after death?
Nice burden of proof fallacy faggot. Like 50% of the people in this thread.

>hur dur god exist.
ok prove it
>hur dur you need to prove god DOESN'T exist
that's not how that works kiddo
>>
>>38256544
Yeah but I don't necessarily believe in anything, all of my beliefs are caused by my own personal experiences. I've had ''out of body experiences'' and it has twisted my beliefs a little bit, but I won't say it is proof of the afterlife because they could simply be caused by a delusional brain.

>an experiment to prove'em wrong,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc
This is a video that proves consciousness affects the world as we know it. I won't expect you to watch such a long video, but if you are serious about the pursuit of knowledge then you wouldn't mind. He (Tom Campbell aka a physicist that worked with NASA) has a lot of videos where he talks about reality actually being virtual. It's pretty interesting imo.

>>38256625
G'night bro.

With this post I shall also take my leave because I'm gonna hang out with my friend. I'll check you fegits later.
>>
>>38256727
>that's not how that works kiddo

It does, though. You could simply respond to religifags with ''well we can't prove it'' but instead you are a faggot and say ''HURR GOD DOESN'T EXIST''.

Both parties are equally retarded, but atheists are the only group who gets a false sense of superiority from it.
>>
>>38255070
You eventually get a job again and get out of bed in the morning.
>>
>>38255097
I THINK I SAW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
>>
File: [tips].jpg (360KB, 1600x1347px) Image search: [Google]
[tips].jpg
360KB, 1600x1347px
I want atheism to be right and there is nothing in the afterlife.
>>
File: 1467109951873.jpg (109KB, 901x883px) Image search: [Google]
1467109951873.jpg
109KB, 901x883px
>>38255070

Can't know for sure, but logically I think nothing happens. "You" is your brain and the electrical connections between neurons in it. When it all dies, the only logical conclusion is that there's nothing. You go back to the same state as before you're born, just with your body left to rot.

People were afraid of this so they created the belief in reincarnation and afterlife. While these may be true (although chances are very slim as there is no concrete evidence for the existence of souls, a requirement for these and science can explain in a pretty solid way how a personality exists in the brain) I think until proven otherwise the only possible idea we can back up somehow is the idea that there's nothing after.

That's part of the reason I'm not afraid of death. Not existing seems like an optimal condition, while afterlife just continues the suffering (unless it's flawlessly perfect) and reincarnation just infects someone else with my personality, forever continuing the cycle of suffering.
>>
>>38256979
>People were afraid of this so they created the belief in reincarnation and afterlife.

what a fucking moron you must be, do you have nay idea how many drugs and psychedelics people int he past used? esentially every belief and story that came out before christcucks took over is because people in ancient times tripped balls
>>
>>38255070
Nothing. Everything you are, your consciousness and "soul" is the result of trillions of atomic interactions in your brain. Once your brain dies, everything you are dies with it and is never able to be recovered. The idea of an afterlife is just a comforting myth humans have invented to make our end seem less bleak.
>>
>>38255070
Something that I can quantify without a shred of doubt but won't tell you.
>>
Dunno, feel like OBE/AP experiences get you a glimpse of it though not that I had any myself.
>>
>>38256979
Though I don't believe that my particular personality is preserved after death, I view it as a lens through which one can look, and see what I actually am as something bigger, such that I believe you and I are the same thing. Space does not separate things, because it is a stuff too, although we perceive it as abstract. There is no such thing as nothing in our universe, therefore although we appear different and as people and personalities are not preserved after death, there is something larger than ourselves, whether it is conscious or not. I also do not claim that it has any control over what we do.
>>
>>38256979
I always thought like that until I tried DMT, for other psych drugs (LSD, shrooms, salvia) you can still after trip convince yourself that experiences were made up by the brain, but DMT brake through putted me into the doubt about afterlife, because it blasts you into another world and everything there feels more real that reality that we live in (if that makes any sense), so that means our head has the possibility to make up a completely new world, where its ideas don't make sense in this one. If I were to bet I would say that you just vanish after death, eternal sleep, but would also believe that body is not necessary for the "soul" to exist, but you need to experience DMT to truly understand it.
>>
>>38255070
>inb4 nothing
True but essentially meaningless as living beings cannot comprehend not living.
Assuming the classical definition of death, if you were dead for a long ass time and then just poof became conscious again, you wouldn't be able to perceive you were dead at all.
Now imagine being dead forever. No perception of anything not even time. Forever. No reincarnation. Just nothingness.
I fucking hate it when people say nothing but don't fucking understand that nothingness is extremely difficult to explain to living things.
Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>38257176
>I don't like reality so I get mad at those who state the obvious

You didn't Inb4 shit either you shit stain.
>>
>>38257156
Explain further your experience with DMT, i'm interested to hear it
>>
>>38257195
I said it was true faggot. I only said that they didn't understand the fucking context of this nothingness they keep talking about.
Being dead is forever, but you'd be hard pressed to find a way of perceiving being dead that is accurate.
I was arguing for oblivion, but arguing against defining oblivion because living beings cannot perceive not living.
>>
>>38255097
>>38256912
>there are robots who like AF
mah niggas
>>
>>38257231
It's not a thoughtless, colorless, void. That wouldn't make sense, because you'd still be perceiving something.
This is why everyone argues against oblivion, but that's a wrong definition.
So imagine that you perceive nothing, but you still perceive something if you try to imagine you perceive nothing. Paradoxical, huh?
Even that faggot who lost all his senses wasn't dead, merely that he was perceiving the lack of something, but that's still perceiving something.
It's because you can't turn off your senses until you die.
You can't imagine nothingness because that's still something.
Oblivion is hard to comprehend, and that's okay. But I wish everyone would stop saying oblivion is like perceiving nothingness. It would make theists stop misunderstanding oblivion.
>>
File: 1488162221344.jpg (33KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
1488162221344.jpg
33KB, 496x372px
>>38256782
>hurr im so smart for not picking a side
>hurr atheism believes god doesnt exist with no proof
You are the kind of hopeless retrads that gave atheism a bad connotation. Atheism does not fucking say there is definitely not a god, and it's only to encourage facts based on evidence. People like you are the very reason I say there most likely isnt a god just because how fucking stupid you are and any super being who consciously created you must have done it for fun.
>>
From what I can presume since we have no evidence of anything, after and before death, our consciousness doesn't essentially "exist." We are in a void of nothing with no thought process or anything of the like.
We don't have any physical form or anything outside of this Universe and once you die, you lose consciousness and thus, you are gone, gone from literally everything in existence since now, you don't exist.
>>
>>38255070
Nothing, which is why I'm too scared to become an hero
>>
>>38257202
Well if you ever tripped on anything like shrooms, you have visuals and you hear things, you become emotionally different, but when the trip ends you understand that those things were made up in your head (during the trip you think everything that is happening is true). With DMT you, in high enough dose (you inhale/smoke it), have a brake through, you are
literally put into another world, it is just surreal feeling at first, because moments before you were in your room having a "normal" trip, usually you see some creatures that walk you into another world (for my first time they came out of the wall and dragged me into, of course this is terrifying) and when you get there there is no more sense of time, it feels like you were in the other world for hours or even days, some report even longer periods/ or so they felt, while the trip usually lasts (in our world time) around 10-15 mins. Another thing is that you forget the most experiences from another world. I remember touching some kind of leafs there and it felt like nothing that I have ever touched before and whole experience is like that, it feels like you have your body there, you will feel exhausted, you will sleep there, you will be thirsty, creatures will give you some kind of liquid, I remember having to pee, but do not remember to eat. That is what fucks you up, you keep all your needs that you have in this world and after the trip ends I had hard time and still have, if the things I felt were real or some delusion made by brains. If it were real I believe that we truly are souls with bodies and not the other way around.
>>
>>38257498
Well fuck, you just convinced me into trying DMT, brb going on Tor
>>
You get recycled into the artificial light energy-harvesting matrix, possibly. Unless you become enlightened.

>trickedbythelight.com
>>
>>38257359
>Atheism does not fucking say there is definitely not a god, and it's only to encourage facts based on evidence.
Yeah... it does. You're thinking of agnosticism.
>>
>>38257619

this page is good http://www.trickedbythelight.com/tbtl/light.shtml
>>
>>38257498
>take a certain dosage of psychedelic to the point where your neural network undergoes a significant top-down change in processing your surroundings
>dude it felt realer than real, I believe in the afterlife now
I love doing DMT but come on
>>
>>38259016
I didn't say that I believe in afterlife now, but it certainly I took up the possibility that it exists
>>
>>38259069
that's zero percent less silly than what I said
>>
>>38257672
this is bait, you can be an agnostic atheist, atheism is not a claim, it is a lack of belief
>>
>>38259217
Better 0% that no % at all
>>
>>38255070
I hope something better.
>>
>>38255070
If I committed suicide, would I be with my waifu/husbando/waifu(husbando)/husbando(waifu) forever and ever?
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.