[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any jobs like this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: dreamjob.jpg (82KB, 512x734px) Image search: [Google]
dreamjob.jpg
82KB, 512x734px
Are there any jobs that I can work towards that do not require me to have any social interactions at all? Exactly like pic related and pay well.

I just hate human interaction, and if I could just get a job like pic related where I would just be working alone then I would be so greatful!
>>
>>38252090
lemme see if I can link to the thread that pic was posted in.

>>36028943
>>
>>38252090
its similar to my job.

Being a tailor
>go in
>put on headphones
>listen to music and start sewing (those big-ass industrial sewing machines)
>mostly in automode because i'm so used to it
>other peopel bring me what i've to get done for the day
>rarely have to speak to anyone
>I can even stream some show on my smartphone and work at the same time
>8 hours later i'm free to go
>or work 4 more hours for a 200% bonus

I've been doing it since I was 14, so I have no idea how to socialize with people, or even apply for other jobs if I ever needed it.
>>
>>38252153
Niiice! How much training did you need and how much do you make?
>>
>>38252180
I have no idea how much training it takes. Its a family business, so growing up in that enviroment sped up the learning process by quite a bit.
And since I can do pretty much everything around the workshop, since my parents taught me to work on every area, I get paid 30 bucks an hour.
>>
>>38252250
>30 bucks an hour.
You get paid that much?! Damn, what parts of the world do you live in? That's really a lot of money. I mean seriously!
>>
software developer in a large company
>>
>want an easy stress free job where i dont have to interact with people
>try to apply for janitor position since robots meme it as the best jib for autists
>apply to every hotel and company in town that has housekeeper/custodial positions
>none are available
>try to call the local La Quinta and ask for any openings
>some Indian guy answers the phone, is the owner
>tells me they arent hiring any janitors despite having a fucking indeed ad that says they are
>then tells me that they have had the same janitors for the past 26 years and they dont plan on quitting any time soon
>hang up frustrated and pissed off
>try at local University
>every single custodian is some fat old lady
>zero young people or males which means that this is most likely the doing of some HR retards at the dept of labor helping uneducated old people get easy low stress jobs
This is alot harder than I thought it was going to be holy fuck
>>
>>38252358
Don't you have to work in a team as a software developer?
>>
>>38252090

Was a janitor/floor cleaner. Pretty much the only social interaction I had was being told by my boss at the start of the shift what i'd be doing that day, and then the 8-14 hours of listening to music and scrubbing floors or cleaning all the bathrooms began. Was easy and got me in super good shape too, since I was on my feet, walking, carrying shit and pushing heavy machines around the whole time. Lost like 70lbs. I'd suggest something like that, if you don't mind tedious work that you can go completely autopilot on.
>>
>>38252376
Do you have a highschool degree? As long as you have that there are a lot of jobs that will be more than willing to hire you.
>>
>>38252408
Yes as a matter of fact you do.
Software dev is actually a mega normie job
>>
>>38252420
no one cares about your HS dilpoma when it comes to jobs like this. They dont even do background checks. You think all the mexicans they hire graduated HS
>>
>>38252376

>hotels

Ok, see, that's where you fucked up. Here's a pro-tip. Hardware stores and places like that often outsource their cleaning to other companies. Find a manager, asks who does their cleaning, and if they know if they're hiring, or, if they do it in-house, ask for an application or an interview on the spot. Their standards are very low, so long as you have transport and aren't retarded you've got a good shot at it.

Also look for cleaning companies, or places that clean out ducts and shit. It's not as comfy as my floor cleaning but you'll probably get paid more.

Kellermeyer Building Service and Management Cleaning Controls are two of the larger ones, and i've worked for them in the past(KBS is WAY better by the way.) so start your hunt there. I believe in you bro.
>>
>>38252376
You are going to have to seek help from the Unemployment office to get a job like that.
Its mostly like you said. For stupid or old people that cant really do anything else, so most young people are not going to be considered. Most janitors in my area are all Mexican. Its the ideal job for them since they cant speak English and are too dumb for a real job.
>>
>Tfw your anxiety is so bad you become the loveable idiot clown at every job.

I just want to be competent.
>>
>>38252534
Well, at least you're lovable.
>>
>>38252525
Well im not fucking Mexican or retarded, i just don't want a fast food or retail job because I hate interacting with people.
>>38252503
Fine I guess ill give it a shot. I feel like not being an idiot makes me less attractive to employers though for this kind of work. Probably think id be hard to deal with or something.
>>
>>38252503
He also tried at a university. Shouldnt they always have positions available for janitors?
>>
>>38252534
>tfw I'm also the idiot at work
not the lovable idiot though, just the creepy one who is at least somewhat disliked by everyone but the boss, who takes pity on me (probably the only reason I still have my job)
>>
>>38252534

I've been the idiot at my former job because of anxiety. Actually considered suicide during the hardest time.
>>
>>38252503

Actual good advice on a /r9k/ thread. Bravo, anon.

Also, consider contacting and joining the SEIU and ask where and what janitorial services companies are unionized, and which ones are looking to hire.
>>
>>38252278
I earn like 34 dollars stacking shelves dude. It's not hard
>>
>>38252808
per hour though. That's like a fortune. Might as well get your own place and stuff.
>>
Actual janitor here, AMA

Also, I want a cushy data entry job
>>
>>38252850
How did you get your position?
I cant find any open janitor jobs
Are you a nonwhite
>>
File: coughing.png (57KB, 236x210px) Image search: [Google]
coughing.png
57KB, 236x210px
Im getting paid for taking care of my granda but she doesnt need or want help most of the time. Also helps that I live with her and it feels like im gettimg paid gor something I already did. Its not that great of pay at 9 dollars an hour but i got fired last job and was making less. So this is fone for a retard in some shitty city
>>
>>38252850
Does it ever get embarrassing doing such a job? Don't mean to be rude but I just don't think I could ever get myself to do such a job

>>38252875
Damn, you replied fast!
>>
>>38252875
I went to the local employment office and they had an ad there. I applied, got put to work the same day. Most companies don't hire their own internal janitorial except maybe hospitals and security sensitive places.

>>38252892
Sometimes, but only because I don't think I can get anything better due to my history. Truth be told, the work is easy and the pay is a grade higher than minimum wage so it could be worse. It's really not as bad as you might think. Way I see it is, if the people here had to clean it themselves they'd have less time to do the things they need to do, and makes their lives easier.
>>
>>38253180
>my history.
And if you don't mind me asking. What might that be? Is crime involve?
>>
>>38253331
Probably something involving molestation
>>
File: 1499443427038.jpg (40KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1499443427038.jpg
40KB, 500x373px
>>38253398
What makes you think that? Are you talking from experience?
>>
>>38253425
What else could it be?Just a guess but
its more likely anon raped some kid than it is of him doing some other dangerous criminal activity.
>>
>>38253482
Maybe he's been a NEET his whole life and has a total lack of working experience like me
>>
Security guard.
>some barrier to entry to keep the mexicans/dregs from taking the job
>all you have to do is look up where there are licensing tests you can take and go take them
>spend your whole shift in an empty building checking around the place every so often, or alternatively sitting at a gate letting people in and out of somewhere
>get to wield phony authority
>>
>>38253574
Will I be seen? I also want to be completely isolated from human even seeing me. Is that the case also?
>>
>>38253589
unfortunately no unless you luck out and get the night shift.
I was only a security guard temporarily and am now a construction worker. I had to work with other people when I was there but I knew people who also took the test and ended up being a nightguard at a storage facility.
Never talked to anyone, watched movies on his phone and walked around the perimeter every so often. If you don't mind working overnight you'll most likely never see or interact with another human being
>>
>>38253574
Font fall for this meme, security jobs fucking suck
>>
>>38253886
>t. mall cop
>>
>>38253886
Why is it bad? Seems breddy comfy desu.
>>
>>38253955
If you get lucky and land a night watch position in a safe city, but more than likely you'll just be standing around all day dealing with the trash of society.

Its easy work but its really not a good job for robots. Its like a step above being a tsa agent.
>>
>>38253994
>dealing with the trash of society.
sounds interesting

>not a good job for robots.
I mean you're just walking and maybe on occasions, you might have to deal with shitty people but how often does that happen?
>>
>>38254073
>sounds interesting
Oh it is but it quickly loses its novelty.
You will grow to hate the human race.
>how often does that happen
Everyday.
>>
>>38252090
Printing Company for college composites
>go in
>put on headphones
>stand/sit in front of desk
>arrange photos on a matboard
>mount them to the board one by one
>use exacto to cut out the coat of arms
>mount that too
>repeat forever

Last December they got a new printer and put me in charge of it, so now it's:
>go in
>put on headphones
>send .pdfs to the loud printer to keep it running
>prepare more .pdfs at my desk
>sit typing and clicking in SignLab and Illustrator forever

I've listened to so many podcasts
>>
>>38252090
Many of those kinds of jobs don't pay that well and don't have an upgrade path do they? I'd rather deal with needing to talk for work than be poor my whole fucking life.
>>
>>38252421
Then why is it the most robot degree
>>
>>38254540
There is originally no such thing.
>>
>>38254540
The most robot degree's are useless (BA) degrees where you go home and come back 2 months later with your work.
>>
What skills are needed to do data entry? How do I go about finding a data entry job?
>>
>>38254630
prior experience or a degree.
Or the best of them all, connections.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.