[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Euphoria Technology

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: smiley.png (158KB, 1023x1012px) Image search: [Google]
smiley.png
158KB, 1023x1012px
people go on about all the inventions they are gonna have in the future but no-one will care about any of them once they invent a euphoria machine. why would you care about anything in real life if you just feel a constant euphoria from some sort of device? maybe it will be a advanced form of virtual reality or some kind of drug that is cheap with no side effects. no-one will care about real life if they just feel euphoric constantly. the goal of humanity should be to make people as happy as possible, and they can do this by artificially creating happyness. in the future we could be all hooked up to these machines. no-one will care about real life. there will be people that, for whatever reason, think that the machines are bad and unnatural so they try and live a pure life without them. maybe there will be people whose job it is to feed the people hooked up to the machines.

i posted this on my facebook but i have no friends so i am posting it here.(plus they are retarded christians who probably couldnt comprehend what i am on about.) what are your thoughts on this?
>>
wow i thought my post was really revolutionary and people would find it interesting. i guess even people on this board are vapid.
>>
>>38247312
heroin achieves basically this and is deadly. plenty of people use it.
>>
>>38247878
yeah but its expensive and correct me if im wrong but i think it has side effects.
>>
>>38248006
how affordable would this machine be?
>>
>>38248006
The only real side effect from prolonged heroin use is constipation. The high number of deaths are mostly due to inadvertent overdose or poisoning from contaminated street drugs.

There are two problems with what you're describing. One involves logistics; the other is philosophical.

The logistics first: what you're describing is basically self defeating. Something so perfect that people forget about all of life means the end of the species. You say that there would be people tasked with caring for the addicts hooked up to the machines. Why? I wouldn't do it unless I was forced to. If I could choose between perfect happiness and caring for invalids why would I choose the later? That isn't a particularly far fetched concern. Heroin addicts are typically miserable when they aren't high and they have a single minded obsession with getting high. Their high is so absolute that they start to lose the ability to care for themselves in any capacity.

The philosophical concern involves the question between happiness and pleasure. I can't answer it for you and won't attempt to. But if you think their is any value in achieving something and being proud of that achievement your solution doesn't provide that kind of fulfillment. Instead you've more or less created the future from Brave New World. You'd better hope that pleasure really is enough on its own. If it turns out it isn't, you're really in trouble.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.