[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Illness Camp

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

How many mental illnesses have you been diagnosed with? I'm 26 and have seen six different psychiatrists since I was 17.

>1. Major depression (2008)
>2. Agoraphobia (2009)
>3. Borderline Personality Disorder (2010)
>4. Avoidant Personality Disorder (2011)
>5. Reactive Attachment Disorder (2011)
>6. PTSD (2012)
>7. Bipolar (2013)
>8. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (2014)
>9. Panic Disorder (2014)
>10. Intermittent Explosive Disorder (2015)
>11. Sadistic Personality Disorder (2015)
>12. ADHD (2016)
>13. Grandiose delusions (2016)
>14. Erotomania (2016)
>15. Exhibitionistic Disorder (2017)

I've been involuntarily committed to a psych ward 22 times since the age of 13. The last time I went was just last month.
>>
only one, they told me minor psychosis or something. didn't really pay attention.
>>
>>38243293
What has your life been like? Abusive home?
>>
>>38243293
Looks like you've collected every major metnal illness the DSM-V offers, short of schizophreniform disorders. Why tf is your brain such a mess
>>
>>38243293
My psychiatrist told me if "definitely have a personality disorder" but that he doesn't know what it is. I'm an enigma
>>
>>38243293
This reads like a joke. Mental illness is a meme. Unless you're hearing voices you're just a faggot who had bitchass parents who failed in their roles.
>>
>>38243329
To the most severe degree possible. I think 8 or 9 was probably the last age I was even remotely sane.
>>
>>38243383
Necrofag, kys
>>
>>38243410
What?
Original post desu.
>>
>>38243347
My parents were a little bit mean to me when I was growing. When I was five, my older brother of four years (he was born in 1986) went to summer camp for a couple of weeks. My parents pretended the whole time that he was actually dead as some kind of sick practical joke.

When I was seven, my dad got mad at me and started punching me in the face. I don't remember why, but he said that for every time I whined, he would punch my four year old little brother as well. So I withstood it.

My older brother committed suicide when I was 10. My mom sat me down for a 'talk' and said that I'd failed in my duty as a brother because I didn't keep him happy enough to not be suicidal.

I can keep going all night. Probably the next morning as well.
>>
>>38243293
I have minor depression, ptsd, and what's essentially agoraphobia. I'm not actually afraid to go outside but I'm afraid to see other people.

I seem normal and look like a chad but boy am I weird.
>>
File: 00035what.gif (2MB, 585x469px) Image search: [Google]
00035what.gif
2MB, 585x469px
Two. PTSD and depression.

I should probably kill myself.
>>
>>38243380
I wholeheartedly subscribe to this theory.

It's frustrating though because I don't know WHY I'm so fucked up or WHERE exactly my parents failed. They weren't abusive, they weren't neglectful or cold-hearted. At the most, they were just distant. Fuck, man, I don't know.

But now I must ask, why are you here mane? Are you like me and admit that your problems are bullshit or are you an outsider to this board who's dropping some hard truth bombs not many people would be willing to accept?
>>
File: 1498326683454.jpg (50KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1498326683454.jpg
50KB, 512x512px
just tism

desu i think if you have a laundry list of conditions then youre probably attentionwhoring
>>
>>38243380
Mental illnesses are classifications that describe a set of behaviors and/or symptoms. They aren't "real", they're just a tool. They require very real symptoms to be diagnosed however. Just because special snowflakes pretend they are mentally ill doesn't mean mental illness is false.
>>
>>38244106
I'm a failed normie who lost my zest for life. I was always curious about the truth and reality. This place is something you can't "unsee" and thus I lost a lot of the ignorance that kept me engaged in normiedom

I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder when I was 16. Now I'm 26. I'd say objectively I'm "depressed" but it's more like a numb disinterest because I've hit a point where everything in life just seems meaningless. That being said, I still exercise, look after myself, and am going to Thailand for two weeks.
>>
to be fair I probably have quite a few of these "illnesses" but I just haven't been diagnosed with anything because I just sit in my room all day on the computer and I never go to the doctor
>>
any /bulimic/ boys in here?
>>
File: Ive given up on reality.jpg (353KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ive given up on reality.jpg
353KB, 1280x720px
>>38243293
Only one actual diagnosis as far as I know - Paranoid Schizophrenia.
Never been committed to a psych ward, though I came very close once. Never take my meds either.

Definitely also have depression and anxiety and all that crap, too.
>>
File: 1492242985426.png (176KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492242985426.png
176KB, 512x512px
>>38243293
>Assburgers
>Borderline Personality Disorder
>separation anxiety disorder

Probably more, but I'm too poor for mental help and haven't seen a psychiatrist (or any doctor for that matter) since I was 16

Just out of curiosity @ OP, how much does all of that affect your daily life? Do you still find the ambition to vidya+animu from time to time?
>>
File: Rachel in an image.png (216KB, 237x619px) Image search: [Google]
Rachel in an image.png
216KB, 237x619px
>Major Depression
>Severity without psychotic features (acute)
>Anxiety (accute)
I've always had depression and anxiety, but I was pretty social, funny, and supportive in therapy. The "severity as they called it only showed up when I was freaking out on my dad trying to get the truth out or when my mom would move things.
Personally I'd say the depression is the same as it is now, my Anxiety should have been more constant, and the Severity is a non issue.
>>
>>38243293

Are you on any type of social security income? I'm trying to get disability but it's taking fucking forever
Officially diagnosed with
Autism
Generaized anxiety disorder
ADD
OCD
Major depression
PTSD

I just want to live the slow life I deserve
>>
>>38243774
>My parents pretended the whole time that he was actually dead as some kind of sick practical joke
lol
>>
>>38243293
I have borderline personality disorder and probably depression. Also I was diagnosed with OCD but then I varg'd myself out of it so I'm mostly over that. I get panic attacks from time to time too and I once had a psychotic break due to weed for a few months

My main issue is BPD IT IS RUINING MY FUCKING LIFE PLS HELP ME PLS COME BACK EMILY
>>
>>38244897
>Are you on any type of social security income?

Nope. I usually date people (guys or girls) in order to get money out of them. I saved up enough money to buy my own house in cash using the money I fleeced from others.

>>38245341
Oh, hi, future child abuser in the making.

>>38244482
The most healthy outlet for giving myself life is seducing people to prove to myself that I am worth something. I love creating obsessive infatuation with others, and to make people fall so deeply in love with me that they will never fall out. The memory of me is something that haunts many people, and I love that. I also enjoy self-harm, though generally more in the form of hitting and choking myself rather than cutting. Indulging in those two things usually gives me enough energy to anime or vidya.
>>
>>38245540
>The most healthy outlet for giving myself life is seducing people to prove to myself that I am worth something.

Dunno if I find that disgusting or hot

Pretty damn relatable, though

Im glad you can find a way to make yourself somewhat happy
>>
>>38245608
Relatable? Are you the same way, anon?
>>
>>38245629
Kinda. I didn't realize I got off on taking money from people, but I used to get in extremely possessive relationships, it gave me an emotional high

tl;dr, i found a girl that I thought would love me forever, and i genuinely believed id spend my life with
she whored around
i tried to off myself afterwards
I realized she was a shit person but she was still infatuated with me.
Used that, kept promising her I'd want to visit/move to see her. She sent me almost $100 every month
Its chump change, but to me at the time, I was a NEET that just wanted vidya.

The ironic thing is, she whored herself out even more to make me money to "see her" (get high, play new games). Pretty kekky experience.
>>
Being diagnosed Bipolar after a psychotic breakdown couple of months ago.
Take risperidone 3mg and valproate 1000mg a couple of months.
The medication is so shit, make me feel like a zombie, thinning my hair, killing my libido and boners. I slept like 18 hours a day and when i was awake i was only thinking in killing myself.
>>
>>38245540

If you can date other people you aren't fucking disabled in any way you lieing sack of shit
>>
>>38243293
People with Cluster B and Narcissist disorder are soulless, untreatable swine bringing the entire human race down with their fake self-esteem and zero empathy. Go burn in the lake of fite because that's what awaits you. Dumb crazymaking gaslighting cunt attention whore. If you have a soul, I apologize, but otherwise you are less than an animal. Narcissist witch hunt NOW.
>>
>>38243293
no idea. but i'm sure i do.
>>
>>38243293
You seem like an interesting person tho. I'd kinda wanna talk with you.
Maybe not tho...
>>
i have anxiety with obsessive thoughts
>>
>>38245768
I don't think OP is bad by nature, though. Did you read the post where he talks about all the abuse he underwent during childhood? It certainly sounds like he wasn't too bad as a kid.
>>
>>38245815
Nope, didn't even read the thread. Narcissists are nigger cattle. They abuse and abuse, fucking Jezebel lesbian whores. Destroy the narcs.
>>
>>38245985
I don't have Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
>>
>>38243380
>bacteria is a joke. you can't possibly believe that tiny organisms are swimming around everywhere and are the cause of most diseases.
>>
>>382443293
>Borderline personality disorder
>Avoidant personality disorder
>Antisocial personality disorder
>narcissism

Seriously op how tf do you cope, I feel like I'm destroying all my relationships
>>
to anyone with BPD check out DBT or CBT that shit saved my life desu senpai

anyways if anyone wants help w/ BPD, eating disorders, PTSD, and the usual depression/anxiety i'd be willing to give advice
>>
>>38246201
How do you deal with splitting and rage? I have Borderline Personality Disorder and have alienated everyone I love with my uncontrollable anger. I'm 25.
>>
File: img_8751.jpg (164KB, 747x1054px) Image search: [Google]
img_8751.jpg
164KB, 747x1054px
>>38246220
for any immediate and intense negative feeling i use TIPP skills, sometimes getting your heart rate down helps you be a little more mindful

splitting is definitely a tough thing for me even now, but i think if you state facts to yourself first, and try to recognize the good AND bad and accept it (middle path) but in order to get into a wise mind you need to physically calm yourself down from either emotion mind or rational mind

this is probably a little confusing because its DBT terminology but yeah
>>
>>38246201
Hi I have BPD and my problem is thinking that people hate me to a point where my constant asking if they hate me starts to bother my closest friends. I also get intense mood swings and try to push people away before they can abandon me. My constantly shifting emotional state has pushed away my best friend. I rarely lash out and I try to internalize it so I don't hurt people but I'm overly clingy and insecure and get worked up too easily and I think people are angry at me or hate me and it causes arguments
>>
>>38246201
can I fix body dysmorphia without telling anyone about it
>>
>>38246683
>>>38246201
>try to push people away before they can abandon me.
Happened to me. I don't have bpd but one of my friend have and pushed me away. I'm wishing for them to say sorry, but I feel like is not gonna happens... and I don't know if I want them back without any apologies, because I'm kinda hurt
>>
>>38246770
Go talk to him anon. He doesn't mean to hurt you. The reason he pushed you away is because he's afraid you'll leave eventually so he wants it to happen on his own terms

Just tell him you'll never leave and you'll be there for him
>>
>>38246683
dunno if medication is an option for you but mood stabilizers do help, ive had the most luck with topamax and abilify, but ultimately its behavioral work that helps most

you need to state facts like 100% of the time because you are in your head 100% of the time. if your friends hated you, they would not talk to you or hang out, however the more you ask them if they hate you, the more likely they might start to stay away. when i feel this way i try to stop myself from asking or making petty statements, i take a minute to calm myself down and think of all the good memories ive shared with the person, and keep the conversation going in a positive direction, usually by bringing up different topics in order to shift my OWN focus off of my irrational thoughts.
look up emotional regulation in DBT it is a total life saver in terms of fixing LONG TERM thinking patterns and behaviors, but in the short term, i try to evaluate the relationship, and try to think if i really want it to flourish, and how much they mean to me. i try to keep my self respect and act in a way that makes them appreciate me and this prevents my fear of abandonment, kinda in a fake it til you make it way if that makes sense

insecurity stems from lack of confidence, when i feel ignored or something, i do my best to brush it off, because i think of all the times a friend was talking to me, and i was busy or dealing with my own issues and i didnt/couldnt talk, try to view it from their perspective, chances are youve done the same thing! and because of that it loses the "bad" and becomes a neutral action
>>
>>38246712
eh it depends on WHO youd tell, if its a parent/sibling who might not understand it, they might dismiss in an attempt to dispel your negative thoughts
a friend might be more comforting but unless they deal with it, they might not get it
if you have a therapist or psychiatrist yes! theyre there to help

im assuming this is eating disorder related?
>>
Autism, RAD, ADHD, oppositional disorder, bipolar, schizophrenic, histrionic, and borderline.

I was actually a criteria or two short for each. I'm in therapy for PTSD, since apparently I was abused as a child and it seems to be helping. I only remember speaking to the psychiatrist who diagnosed me with schizophrenia, but there's been a few before this one.
>>
>>38246798
I was (virtually) with them most of the time. Pushing me away is not the only thing them did, I was insulted for no good reasons. That's why I'm not willing to have them back without any apology.
I know it was a breakdown, but you have to recognize your mistakes and genuinely show you didn't meant... if that's true...

It sucks because I'm also worried about their health.
>>
>>38243293
I have borderline. shit sucks.
>>
>>38243293
>1. Major depression (2008)
teenager who doesn't fit in
>2. Agoraphobia (2009)
no life due to not fitting in
>3. Borderline Personality Disorder (2010)
going crazy in isolation
>4. Avoidant Personality Disorder (2011)
won't get job
>5. Reactive Attachment Disorder (2011)
doesn't know how to interact with people due to know social life
>6. PTSD (2012)
anxiety and fear of dying
>7. Bipolar (2013)
shitposting and escapism to contrast depression and isolation
>8. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (2014)
life going nowhere and you will die
>9. Panic Disorder (2014)
anxiety intesifies
>10. Intermittent Explosive Disorder (2015)
anxiety turns to anger
>11. Sadistic Personality Disorder (2015)
4chan shitposting at peak
>12. ADHD (2016)
brain ruined from screen time
>13. Grandiose delusions (2016)
the election is happening
>14. Erotomania (2016)
I cannot stop fapping and I'm a pleasure seeking neet animal
>15. Exhibitionistic Disorder (2017)
PLEASE SOMEBODY TOUCH ME
>>
>>38243293
>Exhibitionistic Disorder
Hey, I like exposing my genitals too. I don't think it's pathological though since I'm a gentleman about it.

>>38243774
I don't think I would be functional if I had bad parents. I would almost certainly be in jail or worse.

>According to the researchers, children who displayed signs of pathological guilt had anterior insula with less volume, which is associated with depression, and were also more likely to become depressed.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6423434

That was 100% me growing up. My extreme guilt and the attendant depression/anxiety made me basically catatonic at times during my childhood and from which I developed dissociations and depersonalization/derealization. Something to watch out for in your own kids.
>>
File: 608.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
None, I never sought help for my problems because there's no point in it. Op just became worse over time.
>>
>>38246819
Thank you anon this legitimately has helped give me some insight and I'll keep it in mind
>>
>>38246908
Lmao
Cute post, anon
>>
>>38243293
damn, that's pretty gangster OP.

You should be swimming in pussy
>>
>>38247041
Not OP, but why do you say that? Aren't mentally ill people considered creepy?
>>
>>38247067
not when it's from actual abuse and things you can win the suffering Olympics from, women love that shit and men are insecure about their own ability to bitch.

also, he's a sadist, of course he's gangster.
>>
>>38246994
you're welcome!! best wishes anon <3
>>
>>38247097
Are girls attracted to traumatized bad boys who used to be nice kids or something?
>>
Diagnosed with BPD and anxiety.
It's the worst. Sometimes I get so anxious I want to die. And I get anxious a lot. Just typing this shit I can feel it starting to kick in. Fuck this dumb brain. Why can't my shit just run right? Why did I have to be born like this?
>>
avoidant here, something about intimacy builds up anxiety
the less intimate someone is, the easier to talk it is, the disadvantages should be obvious
>>
>>38243293
Is it worth it?

GMO ME ASPARUGULA
>>
>>38248077
Is what worth it?
>>
>>38248300
Treatment. There's side effects right?
>>
>>38243293
how the fuck can they legally 302 your ass more than once in your life? I thot they have to get a judge or magistrate to sign the order for the police to take you to the hospital and shit too, like they did for me when my dad told them I was trying to kill myself??
>>
>>38243293
>Major Depressive Disorder (2004)
>Borderline Personality Disorder (2015)
>Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (2015)
>Generalized Anxiety Disorder (2016)
I've only been to the psych ward four times. I'm 25.
>>
ADD
Asperger
Schizoid pd
Brief psychotic disorder

Dysfunctional primary care yadada
Trouble in education syndrome

To all borderliners ITT:

Dear borderliners,

Stop having a fucking childlike mind holy shit you fucking fucks, you have 'grow the fuck up' syndrome.
>>
You can't have all of those things at once. Stop "collecting" mental illness diagnoses and wearing them like badges of honor.

Fucking asshole.
>>
>>38249794
Exactly this, people are actually this fucking desperate to be seen as unique without actually doing anything of note in order to earn being held in that regard. War and decay is inevitable when people devolve like this under the influence of comfort and affluence.
>>
>>38246844
can't tell any family. I guess its kind of ED related yeah but I'm not underweight.
>>
>>38249794
None of them are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>38249935
not gonna argue with you OP. the only real thing wrong with you is that you think this is acceptable.
>>
>>38243293
>ADHD
Topkek, ADHD doesn't exist. It didn't exist 50 years ago, it's made up now. It is the result of not beating your child when they can't sit down and shit the fuck up for more than five minutes.
>>
>>38249972
Huh? What is 'this'? I am genuinely confused. I only typed up a list.
>>
I'm insane but still have enough of my wits to hold it together and keep it under control.
But over the past few years I've noticed that my ability to do this is gradually weakening.
The liberation is wonderful but I wonder where it will lead.
>>
>>38243774
I feel bad for you, poor anon :(
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.