[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEETs of /r9k/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: shaolin wojak.png (809KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shaolin wojak.png
809KB, 1000x1000px
If you're NEET, why aren't you trying to emulate the life of a monk? If you are, in what way do you do so?
>do bodyweight workouts, martial arts
>meditate
>spend time cleaning and laboring as a form of meditation
>read significant texts
>tend a garden
>go hiking and fishing a lot
>spend time in solo reflection
>abstain from indulgences
>learn music or languages or other skills
If you aren't doing most of the things above you're wasting your NEETdom.
>>
>Bodyweights
>Meditate
>Cleaning and such
>Significant amounts of text messages from my gf
>Solo reflection
>Abstain from indulgences
>Learning Japanese

Holy shit. And I'm not even a NEET, although my full time job ends this month.
>>
I'm just waiting to die from heart failure, I ain't about to do all that shit.
>>
>>38224927

Oddly enough I actually do meditation daily, along with Tai Chi and music/writing. I have zero friends. I suppose I am living the life of a monk in some ways, but with moar depression. And a mom who supports all of my life activities
>>
I've meditated 20 minutes a day, everyday, for over 3 months. My therapist suggested it.

I haven't noticed any benefits from it yet.
>>
>>38224927
>Have done Muay Thai for three years
>Jog, bodyweight exercises, have recently taken up 5Ks and lifting
>Started to read more, particularly on books that I should've read in high school and university but somehow didn't need to.
>>
Monks do what they do because they are disciplined and entirely faithful to their cause, neets do what they do because they're lazy manchildren
>>
>>38224927
That sounds like a lot of work. the whole reason I'm a neet is that I'm lazy and don't do much of anything requiring effort or commitment.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.