[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you're a Christian and during the course of conversation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 18

File: christchanhorrified.png (129KB, 409x513px) Image search: [Google]
christchanhorrified.png
129KB, 409x513px
>tfw you're a Christian and during the course of conversation with another Christian it becomes blatant they're an American literalist

What is going on with this borderline fundamentalist anti-science strain of Christianity in America? It baffles me.
>>
I am Roman Catholic but I am also a professional street nigga
#peacebewithyou#hailmary#murder#money
>>
>>38221433
It bother me a lot too, from his birth Christianism never stopped to rethinks herself, particualry in front of science and new discoveries (only a sad par of Renaissance was pretty harsh, when Catholicism was threatened). Because Christianity must promote the truth. Saint Thomas d'Aquin or Pascal were very faithfull people and fantastic man of science as well.
I totally understand that Christianity can be opposed to modernity and "progress", but being opposed to science is just dumb.
>>
File: 1479428760025.png (64KB, 421x396px) Image search: [Google]
1479428760025.png
64KB, 421x396px
>>38221433
I think most people don't give it too much thought, they just go to church every sunday and listen to what their pastor says. American Christians generally aren't very educated about their faith, even when they think they are.

I really hope I am not one of these people
>>
>>38221433
>claims to be a Christian
>attacks people who believe the Word
Every time. I love "Christian" threads on 4chan.
>>
>tfw all the Christians i know are not willing to die or kill for the lord
>Tfw i wish i had more Christian radicalist friends

Feels bad.
>>
>>38221433
>muh living slop
>death before sin
>fallibility of the Word
Why don't you learn some theology before crying out "Lord, Lord"
>>
>>38221844
>kill
Wrong.
>die
Get better friends
>>
>>38221844
I'm willing to kill or die. I know the Lord is protecting me, because I am more faithful than the corrupt government that runs this nation off unGodly principles.
>>
>>38221773
>mystery tradition
> all written historical accounts talk of it as an interpretive philosophical text
> peasants keep pushing for literalism because scholarship actually requires a brain.

Translating the vulgate to common tongues was the biggest mistake ever made.
>>
>>38221773
The fact that Genesis is written as Hebrew poetry gets lost in translation, along with lots of other subtle spiritual truths that people simply aren't clever enough to translate into English.
If you think that the King James Bible is the Word of God jizzed straight from The Holy Member and that the Earth is 5777 years old, you have missed a greater spiritual awakening.
>>
>>38221996
>>38222021
Ah, so you don't care about furthering the Kingdom or saving souls as Christ does. You just want to argue about philosophies and feel superior to people. What a waste this thread is.
>>
>>38221958
because Christians are not willing to wage war on those who enact violence towards them,they get walked on and manipulated. If we actually fought back america would not be in this mess.

>>38221983
God bless you brother.
>>
>>38222053
You're not interested in a greater spiritual awakening with a personal relationship with God?
You're the one that likes to argue.
>>
>>38221996
Why do you think it's called the Vulgate?
>>
File: 1487733957330.png (1MB, 1020x674px) Image search: [Google]
1487733957330.png
1MB, 1020x674px
>>38222066
The bible only prohibits violence against God's people. Unfaithful evil shalt be put in their place.

For the one authorty is in God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear their sword for no reason. They are God's servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer

- Romans 3:14
>>
>>38222074
You're not awakening anyone spiritually. You're sowing doubt in the veracity of the Word of God. It seems like you're trying to shame creationists in a roundabout way.
>>
>>38222066
Kingdom is not of this world, tare, the Church is established to convert and baptize and grow in Christ's likeness, not wage war and establish the kingdom here, that right belongs to our King who is returning soon after the anti-christ takes hold of all the world's nations
>>
>>38222129
>You must stop thinking in order to have faith
You're the reason why sane people hate church.
>>
>>38222168
>You're the reason why sane people hate church.
I don't care why "sane" people hate the church. If they don't believe they'll have to answer for it on Judgment day. I'm not going to twist and distort the Word to make it more palatable to people who won't believe anyways.
>>
>>38222168
That is not what he said and you know it, honestly you only make things worse for yourself ultimately
>>
>>38222200
So learn Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic, you hypocrite.
>>
>Protestants
>Christians

Pick one. Catholics, Orthodoxy and the dozen different eastern churches that survived under myslim rule in the middle east are Christian. Protestants are either insane fundamentalists or so not-Christian that they've become atheists or do other gay shit like make women priests and Bishops.
>>
>>38222129
Creationists are pretty dumb, anon. Not even the Catholic Church puts any stock in it.

Those people really do have weird and radical beliefs compared to the rest of today's Christian organizations.
>>
>>38222121
13:14. 3:14 is "Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness"

http://biblehub.com/bsb/romans/13.htm
Quickly skim over it. It clearly advocates against breaking the law.
>>
>>38221682

>Saint Thomas d'Aquin

Quick note--In English, we call him Saint Thomas Aquinas.

No disrespect. I'm only trying to help.
>>
>>38222297
Thanks, I'm a frenchfag so I said it the way we do here.
>>
>>38222288
I'd suggesting using this website, anon. https://www.biblegateway.com/

It has every major translation and a nice presentation.
>>
File: 1496373214105.jpg (70KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
1496373214105.jpg
70KB, 600x560px
>>38221433
that is how Christianity is you dumb fucking nigger holy fuck. pic related is you.
>>
>>38222053
Salvation cannot be attained through coercion . Just as blind adherence to dead scrolls will not bring you closer to the light of understanding
>>
>>38222287
The Catholic Church is heretical in so many ways it's laughable that you even brought them up. We're in the middle of the great apostacy and the RCC is leading the charge. Creationists simply believe God.
>>
File: rarechristchan.jpg (43KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
rarechristchan.jpg
43KB, 600x609px
Wanting to trade rare Christ-chans since this seems to be the best thread for it.

ft. obviously an early Christ-chan, even kind of rude but little seen
>>
File: anotherarechristchan.png (141KB, 640x797px) Image search: [Google]
anotherarechristchan.png
141KB, 640x797px
>>38222367
Crude, I meant crude.
>>
>>38222315
Thank you, I'll remember to use this site.
I found what I found on Google and originally it gave me a bunch of different translations but defaulted to one for the entire passage. The site you suggested is much better.
>>
I wanna start my own radical christian group.

My family is rich, and I have access to a lot of weapons. Is anybody interested? I'm being totally serious. You'd be blind to think Christians aren't in a holy war right now. We're being attacked and we need to fight back.
>>
>>38222383
You're welcome! I use the NIV for casual reading and the KJV for more serious study. That site makes it easy to compare both when needed for additional clarity!
>>
File: 1430715560482.png (453KB, 1884x2124px) Image search: [Google]
1430715560482.png
453KB, 1884x2124px
>>38222367
Here is one of my favourltes
>>
>>38221433
Well when someone worships a dead Jew on a stick, you would be surprised what other bullshit they're willing to eat up
>>
>>38221433

> I'm not a literalist I'm 10 layers of irony deep my nigg
>>
File: johan.gif (266KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
johan.gif
266KB, 500x374px
>tfw you're an atheist and during the course of conversation with another person it becomes blatant that they believe in a sky fairy that will make the darkness after life bearable if they live according to a certain moral code

Then I stop talking to the old lady/the gullible idiot.
>>
File: 1469775623892.jpg (132KB, 795x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1469775623892.jpg
132KB, 795x1036px
>>38223254
I don't use the "fedora" copout in arguments with atheists (everyone has a right to their own belief) but if you come into a blatantly obvious Christian thread just to post this, then you're obviously tipping your fedora really, really hard m8

but here's your (you)
>>
>>38221433

The most cancerous types of Christians are the ones that have left wing views and unironically believe that Jesus came to die for peace and tolerence... dipshits
>>
File: dredd.jpg (112KB, 405x506px) Image search: [Google]
dredd.jpg
112KB, 405x506px
>>38223293
if people like me didn't "tip their fedoras" at people like you, then most of western civilization might still believe in the same ancient mythology that you do. It's true that everyone has a right to their own beliefs, but that also means everyone has a right to be criticized and laughed at for the beliefs they hold. And this isn't an argument. An argument requires a claim, and a claim requires proof. You have no proof, so you have no argument. Your instant ad hominem of "lol nice fedora atheist faggot" proves this.
Don't bother replying, you'll embarrass yourself further.
>>
>>38223461
>muh proof
>implying everything is provable with physical evidence
PROVE TO ME that I'm not the only real human on Earth, or that you exist at all.
>>
>>38223446
Pretty sure that he was big on peace and tolerance but also pretty sure he came to be the Son of Man and suffer, ultimately taking on the cost of our sins.

That all seems to take a bit more of what he was about.

>>38223254
You'd be surprised how many people go for it. People with grad degrees go for it that weren't even born into it. It's like how the flat earther this is coming out again.
>>
>>38223478
Not an argument. You should have taken my advice.
>>
File: burningpepe.jpg (614KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
burningpepe.jpg
614KB, 800x609px
>>38223478
Have you ever stubbed your toe? There you go.

>>38223478
>>38223499
Also you two pls stop arguing here. D:

This thread is supposed to be a nice, civil place!
>>
>>38223527
Aren't you paying attention? There is no argument here.
>>
File: 1499215935071.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499215935071.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
>>38223547
Only sort of. To be honest I got bored twenty minutes ago and hit the bong a few times.

Is getting baked after work a sin so long as you're functional? I wonder what Jesus thinks about a guy easing his mind in the evenings.

>tfw Jesus turned water into wine instead of vegetables into weed
>>
>>38223492

he wasnt big on peace and tolerence. he even said himself he didnt come to bring world peace
>>
Just a hypothetical questions.

If I have committed murder on numerous occasions, but now I'm repentant and trying to live life normally, will I still be allowed into heaven?

Obviously I've never killed anybody, I'm just asking hypothetically.
>>
>>38223683
It all depends on who you ask. Religion if a very subjective thing. Every sect believes that their interpretation is the correct one. You might as well just pick one at random if you really are afflicted with the powerful need to believe.
>>
>>38223770
I'm in a christian thread, so obviously I'm asking the christians, ya dingus.
>>
>>38223663
A Christian should continue to love God above all, even while enduring persecution and undeserved hatred. Many people make the mistake of assuming that a Christian is okay with a peace full of sin. Obviously it's a bad idea to ask a Christian to accept sin.

>>38223683
God will know if you are truly repentant. There is a big difference between apologizing because you just want to get into heaven and repenting because you understand and regret the pain and sorrow you have caused others.
>>
>>38223895
>There is a big difference between apologizing because you just want to get into heaven and repenting because you understand and regret the pain and sorrow you have caused others.
How the hell am I supposed to understand and regret the pain and sorrow I have caused others? serious question

Honestly, maybe their pain is on such a different level that it'd be really hard to impossible to understand it.
>>
>>38223806
What's your point? Just take a look at the conflicting babel of Christian belief and you'll see the truth of my words.
>>
>>38223927
Well I'm asking these christfags and I think it's good to have multiple perspectives from different christfags, ya dingus.
>>
File: Buddy Christ.jpg (27KB, 302x512px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy Christ.jpg
27KB, 302x512px
>>38223927
>conflicting babel

Or the result of thousands of years of reformation, changes, splits, rejoinings, and over a billion believers?

Unsurprisingly there are a lot of disagreements between different groups.

It's also why we are here to discuss them!

Daily reminder that this guy is just waiting for you to open your heart to him. What have you to lose, anon?
>>
>>38223985
But what reason is there to think that you'll be getting the right answer from them? What if the right Christians aren't here? It's not just possible, it's likely.
>>38223999
>the result of thousands of years of reformation, changes, splits, rejoinings, and over a billion believers
That's what I said, the conflicting babel of Christian belief. Or are you the "right" kind of Christian? You must have all the answers.
>this guy is just waiting for you to open your heart to him. What have you to lose, anon?
Logic, reason, and my own self respect. What is it you have lost that made you turn to an imaginary friend?
>>
>>38221433
America is anti-science anyway. The religion is just a justification.

It's like a big fatass uses his injured knee as a scapegoat for his fatness.
>>
>>38224095
>What if the right Christians aren't here?
It's not about the "right" christfags, I'm just asking whichever christfag can answer it, and its just a hypothetical question, there is no right answer. Fuck off nigger. You're scaring away the christfags with your tipping.
>>
File: 1482395876984.png (420KB, 786x974px) Image search: [Google]
1482395876984.png
420KB, 786x974px
>>38224136
If you're not getting the right answer, then you might as well not have asked,
>>
>>38224210
There is no right answer, m8. Are you dense? why am i still replying to you? goddamn christfags answer my question.
>>
File: m'lady.jpg (40KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
m'lady.jpg
40KB, 479x720px
>>38224136
>>38224095
Anyone who starts referring to God as "an imaginary friend" is just baiting.
>>
>>38223922
You try your absolute best and hope it was enough.

Speaking more literally, it's about getting creative. If you can't find a box of pizza on a deserted island, you don't just quit and give up. You try your hand at hunting, gathering, fishing, you invent new ideas to eat so you don't starve. Apply the same type of thinking to your repentance.

I would ask the victims I have wronged for their side of the story, what pain I have caused them. I would say I have no idea of the sorrow the felt and I need to know because I am trying to understand their pain. I will ask them for ways to fix my sin, anything I can do to make things right. If they refuse, I will get even more creative. I will work and donate to an appropriate charity. I will read up on cases like this and make speeches about my errors. I will ask for the hatred and scorn of others if I cannot make things right. I will pray every free moment I have for forgiveness.

As of now, I am a hypocrite that refuses to go to the lengths I have described. I'm not a murderer of course, but I feel like a let-down.
>>
>>38224300
>I would ask the victims I have wronged for their side of the story, what pain I have caused them.
What if I'm currently on run from the law? Would true repentance require turning myself in? Is there a way to be forgiven without having to turn myself in?

this is all just hypthetical, dont report me for discussion of illegal activity pls
>>
File: 1490597790517.png (30KB, 582x433px) Image search: [Google]
1490597790517.png
30KB, 582x433px
OP here, I'm tired and sleepy so I'm going to go do other things. Have fun with the thread and be positive.

Remember to pray tonight, Christanons. Goodnight all.
>>
>>38224353
Yes, true repentance would require you turning yourself in. That's kind of how it generally goes.
>>
>>38224404
But what if that has a kid they're trying to raise? Would God understand that someone would have their father taken away if they were to get turned in?
>>
>>38221433
Can I get uuuuuuhhhhh

Rule 34 of her in a scene that's an extension of the context in this pic? Any drawfags?
>>
>>38224353
This is way beyond me. If I were a repentant murderer, I would start scouting out local churches and ascertain for myself which ones are most in line with God's teachings. Then I'd confess everything to the minister of that church, present him with my best plan for making things right (a rough draft if you will), and beg him for his guidance, which I will need to have the best possible shot of fixing everything.
>>
>>38224442
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+10%3A21-23&version=NIV

>Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

He will understand if you truly believe it is what has to be done to make things right. This passage is saying that love of God comes before all else. I really would ask a trusted minister about this though instead of /r9k/ robots. It's possible that when he hears the details of this hypothetical situation, he might decide it's better to stay hidden. If you know that by turning yourself in, the entire human race will somehow be exterminated, as a contrived example.
>>
>>38221996
>>38222076
Anon BTFO.

But seriously though, the Vulgate was hardly written in the vulgate at all.
>>
>>38223254
I'm so tired of this "le old man in the sky" argument. It's not some fairy waving his wand and teleporting you to a Disneyland in the clouds because he thinks you're a cool guy. It's a cosmic, even mathematical, form of order. Please at least read up on the Stoics so you have a clue of what providence and God are.
>>
File: bwiah.jpg (8KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
bwiah.jpg
8KB, 320x283px
>>38221433
Most likely they have discarded logic to affirm their faith in g-d, some don't realize that the text of Bible etc are meant to be guidelines to a pious way of life instead of literal interpretations, people apparently used to write information down as stories according to history i've read
There are also the more elaborate writings in histories that include recipies and how to fight maladies and diseases with "alchemy" wish was basically knowing which herbs were not poisonous and maybe dulled the pain a little
If you're wondering why they are a little strange in their behavior i would assume they are just a bit hick, people are different when they grow isolated in their own pockets it's not that strange for them to see echo chamber effect
>>
>>38222320
>that image

fucking jej
>>
>>38222408
Weapons (in the literal sense of the word) are not what Christians need to fight back with.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.