[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dungeons and Dragons for Normies?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
Is Dungeons and Dragons for Normies?
>>
My group consists of a recovering heroin addict, an actual autist, a necrophiliac, a NEET who profesionally writes anime reviews, and a robot.

Maybe we're all normies because we can make our combined turbo autism work, but I don't know. You tell me.
>>
>>38218527

Now why would you ask that?
>>
>>38218527
Maybe they're weird in eyes of true normie scum, but in comparison with typical robot they're more normal.
>>
>>38218527
normies don't think they're normies, it's part of the human condition of being a normie. it has to do with an inferiority complex. but yes, if you have enough friends to play dnd you're a normie.
>>
People all over Reddit and Imgur have been getting into it and called themselves "nerds" so yeah it's been converted to a normie game.
>>
>>38218527
I've played tabletop RPGs for about 15 years now. Of the people I've played with about 50% were fairly normal functioning members of society, and about 50% were sperglords.
>>
>>38218527
pathfinder is for normies.
D&D 3rd edition is for patricians
>>
>>38218527
Yes, play Call of Cthulhu instead
>>
>>38218527
You need IRL friends to do /tg/ so yes, it is pretty normie
>>
>>38218950
And Only true men of taste know what the feindfolio is.
>>
>>38218527
Just like you watch the Nintendo Switch commercial depict hipsters having rooftop parties/barbecues with a perfect diverse mix of men/women and different races...

...so are the PR for Dungeons & Dragons.

They are trying to say that your pathetic hobby might include women, and those women might touch your dick.
>>
>>38218527
Why is it always "alternative" tattooed bitches who pretend to like D&D?
>>
File: come on.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
come on.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>38219006
>your pathetic hobby
>your
>>
>>38219057

But that's correct
>inb4 hurr I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>38219051
Because they are hipsters (aka normalfag nerds)
>>
>>38219057
didnt try to deflect

its my pathetic hobby too and its alot of fun but i would never pretend normies play D&D weekend after weekend
>>
>>38219089
Only normies have enough friends to play DnD
>>
>sister is a fat hippy normie with tumblr hair
>hear her talking to mom about how she joined a D&D group
>next day ask her about D&D, what her character is, how the DM is
>she's like "oh I don't know most of it the DM is nice and coaches me"
>get a slow sinking feeling
>a few weeks go by
>hear her talking to mom again about how there's this annoying player in his group "talks back" to the DM
>how he "often points out rules in the book when she or the DM does something that's just a little out of line"
>she talks about it for a while, I get the underlying idea and situation behind her victimized version

Long story short, sister is literally ruining a decent D&D group and whining when her lack of knowledge causes issues for the actual players that want to play D&D.

I used to like my sister, then I slowly just felt more detached, then I felt a bit of pity for her.

But now there's just disgust.
>>
File: 1487018612478.jpg (30KB, 391x444px) Image search: [Google]
1487018612478.jpg
30KB, 391x444px
>>38218527
>want to play d&d
>uni has a beginners group
>too autistic to interact with people
>end up talking myself out of going every time
>>
>>38219192
Be a good brother and call her out on her shit
>>
>>38219274
just pretend you're not autistic, it's really that simple
>>
No, most players I know are either robots or cyborgs. A few normies play it though, but their sessions are pretty shitty compared to sessions with dedicated players.

I'm a Dungeon Master with a regular party that consists exclusively of robots, cyborgs and beta males, only one of them has ever kissed a girl. I have DM'd for "nerdy normies" (CSGO and LOL players who watched some LOTRO or Star Wars) who thought they would enjoy D&D but they were always shit at it and the sessions mostly consisted of them talking about shit that has nothing to do with the game while half-assing role-playing.

A lot of normies are now playing 5th edition because it's easy, but from what I've heard, they don't do it often or correctly.

D&D is not for normies, but they want in.
>>
>>38218527
>>38218625
I would said yes it's for normies because you need friends and other people to play it.

A robot wouldn't know any other people that he could play with.
>>
>>38219894

>"nerdy normies" who thought they would enjoy D&D but they were always shit at it and the sessions mostly consisted of them talking about shit that has nothing to do with the game while half-assing role-playing

holy shit I know that feel too well. I used to play with a group who were okay at combat but just didn't give a fuck about actually role playing. they'd make fun of me for getting into my character. and they'd get off topic so much we'd barely make any progress.

that was years ago. I'd love to get into another group but I have no friends any more. no idea where I'd find a group.
>>
>>38219112
If you live in a big city, you're likely going to know enough people to play a board game, these people can be other robots, robots that have robot friends are still robots.
>>
>>38219982
Cyborgs know people, robots don't because they're too autistic
>>
File: JUST.jpg (11KB, 206x210px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
11KB, 206x210px
>>38219960

>moved to new city
>trying to find new D&D group
>go to local /tg/ store on D&D night
>tons of groups there
>some groups look like the "omg im so nerdy XD" normie variant but others seem fun
>too autistic and shy to say anything to anyone
>>
>>38219960
If there's a board game store in your city, that's a good place to look. They usually have posters for lonely nerds who want to join a party
>>
its pretty normie
>>
>>38220004
It's literally impossible to not know anyone if you've been through school, teachers force you to work in groups. Autism doesn't necessarily prevent you from talking to people, just from being good at it.
>>
>>38218527
I play with a group of friends. All of them on the spectrum and virgins.

Its fun as fuck, I wished all robots could find a group. It helps to open up with people.
>>
>>38219959
Online rooms for D&D exist too. Most of my friends who like it play with a group of Internet friends.
>>
Guys, please. Normies don't play D&D. The rules for what makes a robot and what doesn't changes daily because there isn't only one kind of robot. I think anyone who plays D&D is obviously shunned by society. Let's be real here.
>>
I'd say so yes, but I consider anyone with friends to be a normie.
>>
>>38218767
Normies don't use reddit. Normies are really boring and don't write anything other than the occasional facebook rant.
>>
>>38220159

>Normies don't use reddit

that is the most wrong post I have ever seen on 4chan
>>
>>38220159
Not fully true but not fully wrong. Reddit is a large community with a lot of everything.
>>
>>38220159

Ha ha what?
>>
>>38218527
STRANGER THINGS IS THE ONLY CREW I'D PLAY WITH
>>
>>38218527
Normies who play D&D never take the thing seriously and will try to crack a joke at any occasion
>>
>All your hobbies will eventually become social events for Chads and Staceys to pretend to be socially awkward teenage nerds

What hasn't been ruined yet?
>>
File: your hobby.jpg (451KB, 4040x626px) Image search: [Google]
your hobby.jpg
451KB, 4040x626px
Yes. The worst kind of normies as well, the slightly autistic but with no self-awareness ones, not actual cool people (which could help you cure your autism through osmosis).
>>
>>38220660
As a normie who plays with a group of other normies, this is accurate. Our games are usually 50% joking around and shooting the shit and 50% actual game.
>>
>>38220159
kill yourself tbqh
>>
>>38220736
I don't want to tell you in case you are a market researcher.
>>
If you let normies into your group. Mine consists of a nonstacy grill, an autist, a faggot who unironically wears a fedora, and an unshaven, socially awkward, 6"5' beast of a man.
>>
>>38220159

Get a load of this dumbass.

But! I'm not offended, it just illustrates something I already know.

Namely, that the word really has no merit in its meaning, it's just codeword for 'I really have no clue about human nature'
>>
>>38221119

>Normies get out reeeeeee

Lazy rhetoric for lazy thinking. Sounds about right.
>>
>>38221119
>>38221153
>le [meme] has no meaning
I fucking hate you people. More than anyone.
You should literally gtfo or kill yourselves. This is no meme or gratuitous edginess. You should literally physically do it.
>>
Man, people seem to forget it's a creative game. If you want to to play cookie cutter normie shit you can. If you want to make fucked up stories that no normies would feel comfortable playing you are free to do so. And as DM I do so.

To be fair though I have seen more and more Normans wanting to play and shows like Harmon quest and the Big Bang theory have only shone a light on it for Normans to see.
>>
>>38220954
prepare for the group to be ruined by everyone trying to woo the "nonstacy"
>>
>>38221337
We've all been friends for years, so none of them have any feelings for her or at least keep them in check. I used to have a crush on her but I've since moved on. The group has managed to exist just fine for over a year now.
>>
>>38221375
> none of them have any feelings for her
Pic. I very much doubt that.
>>
>>38221400
These are the kind of guys that fancy themselves as romantics, they don't just go after a woman because she has a pussy. Also I'm pretty sure the fedoralord is gay, it seems like he's trying to tell us something through the constant faggotry his character partakes in.
>>
>>38221400
I have a girl in my group and while I think we would all have sex with her, none of us would ever, ever want to date her.
>>
>>38221590
>but fembots don't exist!
chechmate, robots
>>
File: IMG_1476.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1476.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>38218964
My man. Let me tell you about time a dumb fucking bimbo roasty forced her way into my Cthulhu game.

>be me and put a lot of effort into my games, pic related
>playing at my friends house and about 2 hours into session
>friend tells me his roasty gf is going to come round and that he has explained to her what we are doing
>I think fine
>the party are at an insane asylum trying to get access to a patient who is not allowed visitors
>enter the roasty at convenient pause to make her a character.
>"I want to be a ninja wizard"
>"it's set in 1920s America so usually people tend to choose..."
>I want to be a ninja wizard
>tell her she can't
>dumb blonde bitch seems used to getting her way from guys and actually says "well, I'm going to be a ninja wizard so deal with it"
>no you're not
>finally the group steps in and I'm forced to compromise, she is a stronk cabaret dancer sufferagette who spent time in the orient and knows a little about the occult
>still tries to play as ninja wizard
>pure unadulterated hatred coursing through my veins
>she proceeds to ruin plan to break into asylum by attempting to break a guards neck with some stupid martial arts nonsense
>fails dice roll (yes.jpg) and is wrestled to the ground by asylum security who proceed to beat the shit out of her until another PC steps in
>police get called
>she is bleeding in back of car and dying after brutal fight.
>bitch loses interest and plays on her phone then leaves after an hour and a bit.
>use the pure unadulterated hatred as inspiration to role play monster
>apparently actually scared the party and ended up one of the best sessions once she left.

Fucking normies get off my game. Reeeeeee.
>>
>>38218527
No, not really, board games are too complicated for normies to get into unless some else introduces them to it which usually condemns the playgroup to a tragic death.
>>
>>38221618

This is what pisses me off most about normies who try and join our niche clubs, they are too retarded to understand them and just waste the entire time on their phones.
>>
>>38219006
>Nintendo Switch commercial
Just went to the video page and to my surprise normies really did eat that shit right up
>>
>>38220076
shut the fuck up you fucking normalfag, christ
>>
>>38221618
>someone wants to do something the GM doesn't like
>GM lets them play anyways
you are the problem
>>
File: heytheregurl.jpg (76KB, 653x590px) Image search: [Google]
heytheregurl.jpg
76KB, 653x590px
>>38218625
>a NEET who profesionally writes anime reviews
>NEET
>professionally

I've never seen someone make themselves look retarded within only three words before, anon.
>>
>>38221618
That shit looks like it took effort Anon, I'm sorry a roastie ruined some of a session for you
>>
File: 1409516748558.jpg (28KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1409516748558.jpg
28KB, 380x250px
>>38220159
>Normies don't use Reddit.
>>
Went to play DnD a few times at a tabletop store. They certainly weren't chads but they definitely all were normalfags who had gfs and we're very social. In fact being social is part of the whole fucking point.
>>
>>38223576
He'll be unemployed for months at a time and then write one or two articles. If someone is unemployed, not in school, education or training, are they not a NEET?
>>
Actual D&D campaigns? Nah it's still robots.
One session of D&D then a series of write ups about their 'OC' - Yeah it's normie. It's being penetrated but it won't get there as normies try it once and never do it again because it's 'long and boring' they just like the idea of having done it.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.