[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: 73566.jpg (1MB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
73566.jpg
1MB, 1600x902px
Let's have an anime thread. Talk about some good anime to watch or anime you are currently watching? Let's have anime with feels in them, none of that genetic slice of life, school life bullshit.
>>
>>38215598
One I can recommend is Darker Than Black. Recently finished Parasyte: The Maxim and I wasn't really a fan of the ending. Looking for something else to watch, but none of that shonen weak MC harem bullshit
>>
Currently watching tsuki ga kirei. It's school life but kind of serious so I don't think it falls into what you called generic sol.
>>
>>38215598
Why do people of rk9 actively seek anime shows that will make them feel even worse than they already feel? Whats the logic behind it? And they hate on SOL anime, a genre wich is specifically made just to FeelsGoodMan. wat? Are you guys masochist?
>>
>>38215728
most of the time harem shows are not shonen, most harem shows just fall in the comedy/romance category. Also most of the time in shonens the MC very rarely haves more than 1 or 2 girls in love with him.
>>
>>38216469
It's because most people here are casuals, by nature of this being one of the more normalfag infested boards
>>
Is Welcome to the N.H.K. the most applicable anime to this board?
I love it so much and I wish more people brought it up
>>
File: 072.jpg (195KB, 1200x1212px) Image search: [Google]
072.jpg
195KB, 1200x1212px
I've been considering watching Little Witch Academia. I saw the OVA, which was made before the series, I think? I am not into cute girls doing cute things, but at this point I'll take what I can get. The glory days of seinen adventure shit like Black Lagoon and DtB are gone, man.

>>38215728
>Darker Than Black
Season 1 is gold, I still have Water Forest as a daily reminder alarm set.
>>38216469
depression is cool in that it tells you in a very rational-seeming voice "Look, yes, you SHOULD watch something uplifting. Buuuut, you could also choose to watch something that'll take you down deeper, just to see where it bottoms out. How about that, you're no chicken, right? "
>>
These days I watch a lot of harem anime to try to fill the hole in my life. I am currently watching to love ru. It is packed full of filler but they say the next seasons are better.
>>
>>38216825
Awesome anime, you have good taste anon
>>
>>38217083
I hated the voice acting in LWA

Could barely get through the first episode
>>
>>38216469
I often think the same. But really, isn't it just that we have to accept that it's all fantasy? If you watch anime and think damn, I missed out on all that, then surely I see why you'd get dejected, but once you accept it's a fantasy just like any other tale it stops being a problem.
>>
File: 1443345637040.jpg (22KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
1443345637040.jpg
22KB, 471x480px
250 series finished and pretentiousness is already setting in and whenever someone tries to talk to me about anime, its always shit like naruto and fma even though i wanna talk about Casshern Sins and then like
>>
My favorite one. It always makes me cry.
>>
File: Nice.png (171KB, 467x413px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.png
171KB, 467x413px
>>38215598
About to watch more Cowboy Bebop, rarely watch anime though I figured I'd at least watch the classics.

>>38216825
Eh, I'd say its too optimistic, certainly some degree of wish fulfillment so to speak which I wouldn't say resonates with the generally cynical and edgy board. Watched up to episode 9 a few months ago, watched an episode yesterday and might watch through it if I can summon the willpower, I'd rather just read to be honest though - call me pretentious but the dialog in anime is too contrived to compete anything that's came out of Dostoevsky and Lermontov, pretty much memorized the underground man's speech at the end of the novel, the book is only 100 pages if you haven't read it already.
>>
Why did you guys watch last season?
Personally I thought sukasuka was AOTS, although I still need to start watching re: creators
>>
File: 1483153774903.jpg (90KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1483153774903.jpg
90KB, 736x552px
Got into anime within the last year and I've watched a handful of shows which has helped with the depression quite a bit. I just finished up GATE and I think I'm going to watch The Future Diary next. I'm laid off from work right now, so I haven plenty of free time. I'm open to any recommendations for some good shows.

Some shows I've watched that I liked are:

>Samurai Champloo
>Afro Samurai
>GATE
>Konosuba
>Chuunibyou
>Re:Zero
>Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
>Gabrielle Dropout
>Dagashi Kashi
>A Certain Scientific Railgun
>>
>>38218175
You will probably like nichijou
I'd also recommend that you check out demi Chan wa kataritai and no game no life
>>
>>38218288
How can you get that someone would enjoy Nichijou out of that?
Nichijou is a very divisive anime in the first place, so you should never tell them they'd "probably enjoy it" without having a reason to.

I found it annoying and very unfunny. But if good animation and le epic overreactions are enough to entertain you, yeah maybe you'll enjoy it.

>>38218175
Watch K-On, it's a true masterpiece. Possibly the best anime in the past 10 years.
>>
>>38218438
>>38218288
Thanks, I'll add these to the list of shows I plan to watch.
>>
>>38218175
So you watched railgun but didnt watch index? shame
>>
>>38218773
Started watching Index, but I wasn't really a fan. Didn't care for Index or Toma after like 8 episodes so I stopped.
>>
I've recently finished N.H.K, I enjoyed it, but the ending ruined everything for me. I don't quite get it why r9k seems to like it so much.

Anyway, my favourites are probably Psycho-Pass, Mirai Nikki and Re:Zero, so do you know any other series similar to those? As in, some intense action, mysteries etc
>>
>>38219270
I watched NHK, too, and I thought it was really good. I shared a LOT of similarities to Satou, so I was really able to relate to it. Re:Zero was also one of my favorites. Konosuba and Gate have pretty similar things going on and I think you'll like them. I'd definitely watch Konosuba first though,
>>
>>38217582
good taste pic related
>>
>>38219699
garbage

>>38219270
I dropped psycho pass half way should I pick it back up

It seemed too juvenile wit hthat game show shit, like Sword art online or some shit
>>
File: Scum.jpg (86KB, 1456x819px) Image search: [Google]
Scum.jpg
86KB, 1456x819px
>>38215598
>>38215598
I just finished watching Scum's Wish. Everyone in it is terrible. I still liked it though. What kind of feels you want? If you want the greatest love story ever told recently watch Tsukigakirei

also just finished Little Witch Academia as well. It was fun.
>>
>>38215598
Evangaylian
>>
>>38219270
Erased, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Konosuba, No Game No Life, Monogatari series
>>
>>38217582
Don't worry man, you don't really have to watch that many series at all to feel disgusted when someone mentions shit anime.
>>
>>38215598
recently watched Golden time
always scrolled past it because it was slice of life, but i gave it a chance and was pleasantly surprised with some feels
>>
File: beautiful-bones-anime-eyes-eng.jpg (47KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful-bones-anime-eyes-eng.jpg
47KB, 736x414px
>Beautiful Bones
It's pretty good so far, I'm about 6 episodes in. I like how there's no over-the-top characters and that it's more about the investigation itself. It's like that one anime (which I can't remember it's title for the life of me) with the man detective that's episodic.
>>
>>38220546
>Erased
Did you also self-insert as Satoru and feel a little cucked when Kayo ended up with Hiromi?

>Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I was in love with Haruhi back when it first released in the US. Still am a little tbqh
>>
>>38221465
>did you also feel cucked when kayo ended up with hiromi

Please don't remind me. I really loved the series. Shame the last couple episodes took a big nose dive. His cutie co worker was better girl anyway and they supposedly end up together
>>
One that I remember liking that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Niea Under 7. Niea is a NEET freeloader alien that lives with a girl working and living in a hotel while going to cram school. The show is just about their daily lives, and there isn't too much of a plot that I remember, although it's been nearly 15 years since I've seen it. Anyway, if you feel like it, check it out.
>>
don't you die on me thread
>>
I am watching all of Naruto when I last watched it was like 40 episodes into Shippuden. Also recently I rewatched Haruhi and watched the second season finally. All for the nostalgia, have seen pretty much all worthwhile anime already.
>>
I genuinely think Evangelion is a great series and gets better upon rewatching it after you know all the twists and turns.
>>
I'd recommend Serial Experiments Lain.

I watched it first time a couple months back and it's easily become one of my favourites. It's got some feels in it in how Lain's world and reality start crashing around her.
>>
I'll drop some of my favorite starter recs

Lain for the best avant-garde philosophical show
Evangelion for the best psychological show
Aria for the best comfy/healing show
NHK for the best r9k-relevant show
HxH 2011 for the best shounen show
Nichijou for the best comedy show
Monogatari for the best harem show
>>
File: 1467655976575.jpg (24KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1467655976575.jpg
24KB, 620x670px
I read the manga for Attack on Titan. I have friends who are struggling to get through season 2 of the anime.

>MFW I hear their opinions about humanity and how to destroy the Titans
>>
Just watched angles egg. It was kinda meh desu. I like artsy stuff but maybe I just wasn't in the mood. Currently still trying to finish my massive backlog but I've also been rewatching stuff too like bebop and akira and ghibli movies. Downloaded votoms the other day and waited forever for it to torrent just to discover it was all in Russian. Couldn't tell before downloading because I got it off a torrent search engine. Guess I need to start testing episodes even before its done.
>>
>>38215598
>tfw anime is a false reality

It's all a lie but anyway I don't know any more good shows
>>
File: 1491455580124.jpg (39KB, 707x572px) Image search: [Google]
1491455580124.jpg
39KB, 707x572px
>>38215598
i loved hajima no ippo and i just recently found out about ashita no joe, the stuff is great in matter of fact ive been opened to a lot of fun and amazing old series like legend of galactic heroes, mobile suit gundam, the road to versailles, the big o, and other stuff too. films too notably jin roh. theres a bunch of good stuff out there that ive never heard or considered before, old and new

existence is futile
>>
>>38224674
oh and if you can predict what kind of anime i would enjoy by looking at the examples ive shared, recommend me some please im bad at finding the right direction, im only good at stumbling over one
>>
>>38215598
98% of anime is pure trash
>>
>>38224865
What's the 2% you like then?
>>
>>38225315
dbz, fma, first season of naruto and one punch man
>>
I'm guessing everyone on this board considers JoJo a normie meme anime, but I can't get enough of it.
>>
File: 1499400951753.jpg (685KB, 2335x2507px) Image search: [Google]
1499400951753.jpg
685KB, 2335x2507px
Is Kara no Kyoukai good/worth watching?
>>
>>38227258

It has nice visuals but felt a bit bland. First was best then it gets gradually duller. I'd say it's worth watching but it's not spectacular in any way.
>>
File: 1495687342556.jpg (153KB, 843x558px) Image search: [Google]
1495687342556.jpg
153KB, 843x558px
>mfw have to go out for errands now
I always miss out on the anime threads

>>38224674
>>38224753

You'd probably be ok with Irresponsible Cpt Tylor, Harlock, Yamato, Galaxy Express 999 (it drags on at times but the ending is quite something), King of Bandits Jing, Metropolis, Takkon Kinkreet

>>38226994
I think a lot of shows just become popular to hate. Like Attack on Titan, Wanpan man, Jojo etc. They're not absolute masterpieces or anything, but still very entertaining shows.

>>38223825
Kek,I think I downloaded the same version of Votoms when I was gonna see it.
>Aniara: the Anime
I liked the atmosphere in Angels Egg but there was probably a few things that went over my head, like that thing with the fishermen whatever that was supposed to symbolize, and I never quite got exactly what that had happened to the "ark", why it had failed, I really would've wanted to know more details.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.