[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ADHD

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: ADHD-1.png (467KB, 922x653px) Image search: [Google]
ADHD-1.png
467KB, 922x653px
Robots, do you have ADHD? Which type? Inattentive, impulsive/hyperactive or combined. How do you manage symptomes, especially poor organization skills? Do ADHD have a big impact on your life? For those with an impulsive type - how impulsivity affects your life?
>>
I have both. It's hell I'm currently on Adderall xr but it's only 20mg and it's not helping me focus... I want to go to college but I never could pat attention in high school. I feel like medicine won't work for me.
>>
>>38197345
i feel like i have inatentive adhd or something because its hard for me to focus on things unless i actually like it but maybe thats normal
also i dont like self diagonosing
>>
Inattentive and impulsive, more inattention though. It sucks, makes life hard. The easy things though so it's weird. Driving sucks and gets scary sometimes because I can't pay attention. I've only tried methlyphenidates and stuff like guanfacine, no amphetamines yet. I want to try amphetamines since I've heard they work real good. But they don't last long. Captchas suck I always get them wrong too.
>>
Anyone else feel like life is a movie except sometimes you skip every other scene ?

I have ADHD-PI btw
>>
I do. ADHD-predominantly inattentive. Actually closer to SCT as I'm usually extremely lethargic and daydreamy. I'm HYPOactive instead of hyperactive.
>>
I was diagnosed with adult ADHD (primarily inattentive) last year, and have been taking Vyvanse for it since. It helped, but didn't fix my problems. I had more focus, but I was often focusing on stupid shit and my thought processes were very inefficient. When people would speak, I had a hard time keeping up (rarely got anything out of lectures in class). When I would speak, people didn't understand what the hell I was saying (I can be very tangential with my speech). Manipulating complex info in my head was nigh impossible. I would take hours to do homework problems (and still not finish), do shit on exams, etc. It was to the point where I had to register with the disability center at my school in order to get more time.

Then I got diagnosed with depression a few months ago and started taking antidepressants (Wellbutrin) for that. The combo of Vyvanse and Wellbutrin has helped me tremendously. I could now be at the top of my classes and, even though I'm still socially awkward, I just care less what people think and people like me more. Overall my cognitive processes are a helluva lot more efficient. The only downside is that since I care about things more, I'm more apt to get anxious and sad. And, ironically, I've gotten lazier since I can get things finished quickly and I enjoy spending time doing nothing.
>>
>>38197345
I have impulsive/hyperactive ADHD and have since I was little. I used to take adderall years ago, but I don't now. I don't really manage desu, you just learn to try to function in spite of it, but it's hard to be normal. I do one thing and immediately want to do something else, can't ever focus.

I struggled in school, I got great grades easily and was a straight A student, but I would skip school on impulse and space out constantly in class. Just go home if I felt like it, or whatever. Eventually I dropped out since even though I was good at the work, I couldn't focus on it and had other stuff to do that I went for.

>For those with an impulsive type - how impulsivity affects your life?
I have BPD on top of ADHD so I'm about as impulsive as it gets. It's a nightmare because it makes it impossible to function in society, and because it can be impossible to get things done. I kind of like it otherwise.
>>
>>38197997

I feel like "life is a movie" in the sense that I don't experience free will and never have.

When I realized that free will is bullshit, it made perfect sense to me. I didn't have any "illusion" to overcome.
>>
>>38198589
Same except adderall instead of vyvanse. I still have some issues like you but the combination of welbutrin and addy pretty much fixed my worst problems. Less social anxiety and depression/apathy. I get sad and emotional sometimes but for the most part I'm much more stable and outgoing. Only real issue with me now is some anxiety issues cause I care about my grades and work and shit now, still kinda balances itself out cause being a shutin with social anxiety was even more stressful
>>
>>38197345
I have no ability to focus, but also no energy to do anything either.
>>
>can't focus
>also have no energy
>don't want to go outside

everything is wrong with me, the posts telling me to kill myself are bothering me as well since I don't have a "fuck it all" mindset like a robot would have
>>
>>38197345
I have autism do u wanna hear me speak?
>>
>>38197370
How long have you been on this medication? What time do you take your medication? Do you take it everyday or take weekends off?
>>38197379
Have you ever had a pop quiz at the end of a lecture that you completely blanked?
>>38199909
Would you be interested in your studies/hobbies if you had this energy?

Adderall has been a fucking game changer for my life. I just don't pay attention and say a lot of stupid shit and have trouble formulating sentences. With Adderall this problem corrects itself.
>>
>>38200014
>Would you be interested in your studies/hobbies if you had this energy?

probably not.
video games were the only thing I was interested in, and I don't really enjoy them anymore.
>>
>>38200014
> I've been on this particular medication for about 2 weeks.
> I take it always around 10am when I wake up
> I take it everyday.
>>
>>38200035
I hope you find your way. And if you don't..I hope you are at least comfy.
>>
>>38200096
Might make you jittery but maybe get some sips/coffee when you sit down with your studies. Also try going to your University's library and taking a cubbie it will keep you focused until you feel the need to jerk it. Srs.
>>
>>38200194
Yeah I have the negative side effects, and I do sit down and clear everything to study. But I always feel like I am distracted like the medicine is not being effective would having a higher dose fix the issue.
>>
>>38199641
>I have impulsive/hyperactive ADHD and have since I was little. I used to take adderall years ago, but I don't now. I don't really manage desu, you just learn to try to function in spite of it, but it's hard to be normal. I do one thing and immediately want to do something else, can't ever focus.
it effected me in a way worse postion, I was always so confused in math, multi step problems. I never understand math and graduated high school with a 7 grade understanding of math.
>>
>>38200268
I was kind of similar with math. The humanities were easy and I loved, English and history were fun. Math was a struggle though, couldn't focus and the ways it was explained generally made more sense. My grandfather worked with math for a living and tutored me, so I managed to still get high grades well and he had simple, old ways of explaining and doing it all. Then he died and I completely lost interest and ability in it, one of the reasons I eventually dropped out. Almost cheated through math in the last year fine but I couldn't even be bothered to do that.
>>
>>38200268
You probably had some shitty teachers and missed a fundamental building block of math. But hey you graduated high school so it can't be that bad!
>>
>>38200658
Right now I'm doing a certification for a+ and math starting from the beginning. I have a year until I enroll into college so I at least want to be ready for it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.