[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are your parents proud of you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: special police.png (259KB, 657x684px) Image search: [Google]
special police.png
259KB, 657x684px
Do you think your parents are proud of you?

>Work hard
>graduate college with little debt
>want to save up for grad school
>apply to become a jail guard since my degree is in pre law anyway
>Got the call today
>I start next week
>Call mommy
>"I got the job"
>Oh honey that's great, but what about law school or grad school
>"I still want to do that but I want to save up"
>Oh be better than a guard... your cousin...

Why do I even try???
>>
File: 1442751703065.jpg (33KB, 600x476px)
1442751703065.jpg
33KB, 600x476px
I sort of have the opposite effect. My family is constantly proud of me and expect amazing things, as if I'd be written in newspapers or some shit. I think I'm just mediocre as fuck and will probably be a dissapointment to everyone. I'll just probably cut all contact later on.
>>
I'm the example my aunts and uncles can point to and say "don't end up like anon, kids!"
>>
>>38193978
You should tell your dumb mom that if she wanted you to go straight to law school she should have not been a stupid poor pleb and saved up.
>>
>>38193978
Probably not, I was always the most underachieving in my family and they don't approve of my career choice at all. They're always reminding me all my cousins are pharmacists making bank now or are in pharmacy school which is where they wanted me to go.
>>
>>38193978

I don't think they've ever felt proud. Mom's probably a bit ashamed that I'm still living at home, but they're both probably happy that I'm like a little obedient robot who runs dads business for them. Either I work or I sit cooped up in my room, wasting away in front of the computer.
>>
>>38194019
Similar to my situation. "We're so very proud of you, anon!" even though I still live with them, don't work, take a few classes at college and get mediocre grades in them, have never brought home a girl for them to meet so they probably think I'm gay, etc etc etc.
>>
Don't care because I have no respect for them anymore. I certainly hope they are not proud of me since that would imply they think they had anything to do with my accomplishments.
>>
>>38193978
your mom sounds like kind of a cunt anon
>>38194019
Same, my mom and dad are really proud of me because I'm joining the marine corps but at the same time I'm a 20 year old NEET so it's really confusing and makes me feel weird, because I don't deserve to have people be proud of me, not yet anyway
>>
File: 1495116601034.jpg (98KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1495116601034.jpg
98KB, 409x409px
>>38193978

>Father physically (but non sexually) abuses me as a child
>Drop out of high school
>Do various jobs for short periods
>Go full NEET at 20
>Can't throw me out because mom won't let him
>When people ask my father what his son is doing, he has to respond with "sitting in his pyjamas smoking weed, playing vidya, masturbating and watching movies/tv shows all day"

The ultimate revenge.
>>
I don't live through the eyes of my parents.
Making them proud isn't the reason why I wake up in the morning (I don't know what is though)
>>
probably not, whenever I see my mom she asks if I am happy at my current job and if I want her to use her connections and send my cv to IT companies. My job current job is related to IT at all and barely above minimum wage.
>>
>>38193978
I'm VERY lucky.
>30.
>Unemployed a lot.
>Live at home, though I did move out for 4 years once.
>Smoke weed.
>Drink A LOT.
>Perpetually depressed for 15 years.
My parents are still proud of me because I'm a really nice person.
They're incredibly nice and supportive.
>>
>>38193978
They don't really have a reason to be proud of me. Since I'm the oldest child, they put huge expectations on me and needless to say I failed. Meanwhile my younger brother is a Chad and one of the most successful people in my immediate and extended family.
>>
>>38197205
>The ultimate revenge.

Maybe it's because I'm not there, but he doesn't sound very booty bothered by your lifestyle. Sounds more like he thinks to himself "I always knew that little faggot wouldn't amount to anything."
>>
>>38193978

My parents are human garbage, I don't care if they're proud of me or not.
>>
>>38193978
My parents are really proud of me but say their only complaint is that I'm a bit insane.
>>
File: images(22).jpg (13KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
images(22).jpg
13KB, 237x212px
>he has parents that still believe in him even though he is a 26 year old KHV with a dead end job and lives at home
>his parents and coworkers believe him to be intelligent

CAN YOU IMAGINE ANYTHING MORE PATHETIC
>>
>>38193978
>Be me
>be 19
>only thing you really ever did that's worth mentioning is graduate highschool
>Live with friend for a little while
>get kicked out because I crashed my moped into a dickhead who pulled out in front of me because I have no transportation
>be homeless
>come to parents house
>ask if I can stay for a while to get back on my feet
>treat me like shit
>remember why i left this place in the first place, how hateful and unloving they are
>deal with it anyways because job and a roof to sleep under
>>
>>38197850
He's gone on anti-depressants, sees a therapist, seems to have developed borderline anorexia, broke off contact with most of his "friends", started smoking several packs per day, has threatened to kill himself.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he does end up killing himself.
>>
My mom constantly tells me how proud she is. I want to fucking scream at her that she created trash and I'm nothing to be proud of.
>>
Yes. The feeling is mutual between me and my parents. I want to do my best and make them even more proud of me.
>>
>>38193978
>25 years old and only worked for a single year
>mom says she's proud of me
my brother is 27 has has never worked
>>
>>38196817
Imagine your exact situation except everyone in your family thinks your a waste of oxygen. Then you'd pretty much be me.
>>
File: 1484550537719.png (186KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484550537719.png
186KB, 540x540px
>>38193978
>Dad always encourages me to get a job, do voluntary work, go out more, get active and hang out with my friends
>Mum just lets me do what ever, does everything for me (even when I try to offer help) and overall treats me like a child still, despite going to uni in a few months
>Both are still proud that I'm going to uni
>Expect me to be the most successful in the family making hundreds of thousands from my dream job since the oldest is living well with a family and has a decent job, the second oldest has no job, lives off benefits with his gf and drinks a lot, the second youngest sits at home and watches anime all day
Still feel like a introverted child at this point. Why bother trying anymore?
Why do I even try anymore if they make things too easy for me, practically do everything for me while expecting a lot from me in return.
>>
>>38193978
Definitely not. Back when I was in uni they kept urging me to go out with friends (haha like I had any) and it was obvious that I was loser. I graduated with decent grades but it's not like I got a good job anyway so now my mom tells me to find a better one as soon as possible. However I know I have only a small chance of that so my parents are bound to stay disappointed seeing as I have nothing else in my life.
>>
File: 0611 - kl4vBcB.png (87KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
0611 - kl4vBcB.png
87KB, 300x299px
>finish 4 year BSc at top Canadian University
>work shitty pleb labor job for 6 months before quitting
>haven't found a real job after 2 years of looking on and off
>never volunteered or worked a pleb job the whole time
>mom says my dad ruined my future
>dad says my mom ruined my future
>girlfriend says they ruined my future
>my future is ruined
>>
>>38193978
Your parents only "love" you as long as you provide a net emotional benefit
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.