[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is worse, working at walmart or at a call centre?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1493275314240.png (27KB, 691x653px) Image search: [Google]
1493275314240.png
27KB, 691x653px
Which is worse, working at walmart or at a call centre?
>>
>>38192199
Call center for me; I hate talking on the phone.
>>
>>38192199
I work at a Call Center and it's not too bad, just boring. If it's at a research firm, it's just steady work that's based on luck. If your production is low you get sent home rather than yelled at.
>>
depends on what position at wal-mart and at which one. I haven't spoken to my manager and it's been two weeks there (Wal-Mart). It's pretty chill imo. Can't speak for a call center
>>
>>38192258
it's for a Dairy/Frozen Food Associate

what the fug do you even do in that position?
>>
>>38192274
Drag shit out of the freezer and put it in the coolers, I imagine
>>
Call centres are more robot-friendly.
>>
>>38192247
>>38192219
I have a interview for a call center job tomorrow, you guys have any advice? Also how difficult is this?
>>
Warehouse or receiving would be good but dealing with Walmart customers would be hell
>>
>>38192306
>speaking on a phone for hours on end is robot-friendly
>>
>>38192274
hi, i work at walmart and im about to go in for a 7 hour shift. honestly this has been the best job ive had so far, its piss easy. I work in the produce department. My job literally is just stocking produce like its so easy probaby a perfect job for a robot. I barely have to talk to anyone unless someone asks me where something is and even then its like a 30 second interaction. I would highly sugfest applying at a neighboorhood market walmart which is what i work at because its basically a grocery store and its a lot easier and less retail hell than working in actual walmart
>>
>>38192546
>dealing with fat, bottom of the barrel normies in person for hours on end is robot-friendly
At least you can sit down and have dividers to separate you from your neighbors. You don't have to face the person you're speaking to, and you don't have to deal with obese niggers shitting their pants in the store or old boomers paying by check. Wal-Mart is the most depressing store in existence.
>>
>>38192199

I have work at both walmart and tech support in a call center. Walmart was way chiller by far, I was hardly suprervised and when I had "staged" my section I could just go unload trucks in the back. One time some ladies kid spilled a big jar of airsoft bbs and I pretended not to notice and walked away.
>>
As someone who has worked for both a Walmart and a call center, Walmart is far more enjoyable, and better for your mental health. Call center work is even more degrading ten working at Walmart. As soon as you get off the phone with a customer, you have another call waiting, and the customers are far more likely to be rude through phone interaction since they hardly think of you as a real person. They are also more likely to be pissed off from the start since they have probably been in the que for 20 minutes. Also, at Walmart, atleast you get to see qt customers, and you can have hope at becoming the bf of one of the qt cashiers that will inevitably work at your store.
>>
Walmart, especially if you're demoted to the status of receipt checker. Not all customers will voluntarily allow you to treat them like criminals. God help you if you unlawfully detain anyone who refuses a receipt check. The company will probably shift responsibility to you rather than bear the brunt of a civil suit.
>>
>>38192721
>more likely to be rude to you than a Walmart customer
Laughing my ass off if you think the niggers and single mothers who make a fuss at Walmart give a shit about being polite to you just because you're speaking to them in person. They view you as their own personal slave because they know you won't do shit about being disrespected.
>qt customers
Fat, brown, tattooed single moms are not "qt".
>qt cashiers
Never seen one who wasn't overweight or old.
The only consistently attractive supermarket staff I've seen was at Aldi. Ironically, Aldi lets their cashiers sit down while they work, and they're still in better shape than Walmart's beasts.
>>
File: 1440563824711.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1440563824711.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>38192199
>working
Oh wagey...
>>
>>38192199
WAlmart is worse. Much worse.

Pretty much what >>38192862 says.

Do you want to deal with shitbags in person or over the phone?

You also get to sit down at the call center. At retail stores (in murica) management will emphasize never sitting down until your break.

I had a hard time working out after being on my feet 8 hours a day.

Walmart also has a dress code now. Black or khaki pants and white or blue polos. Call centers are a bit more laid back and you get a choice.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.