[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you be grateful to survive a suicide attempt?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 143984292384.jpg (29KB, 574x438px) Image search: [Google]
143984292384.jpg
29KB, 574x438px
Would you be grateful to survive a suicide attempt?
>>
File: mw.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
mw.gif
2MB, 256x192px
I'm sure if my intent was suicide, then no.
>>
that really depends, would I still be alive?
>>
>>38189625
Retard alert! Retard aIert!
>>
Right after the rope breaks or the gun jams. It's the worst feeling in the world.
>>
>>38189609
you sure about that? people act differently in reality than in imagined reality.
>>38189625
yes, you would still be alive
>>38189668
not retard, is ebin troll
>>38189702
did it happen to you?
>>
>>38189668
I think anon means conscious. Plenty of sad loser fail (yet again) and end up potatoes
>>
File: boyanddog.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
boyanddog.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Id probably take it as some divine sign and not my own incompetence 2bh.
>>
I survived a suicide attempt and it just made me feel a lot worse.
>>
I did, sometimes I am sometimes I'm not

Immediately after the fact I was not very greatful at all
>>
Most suicide attempts are a cry for help, thats why many people use weak methods like shallowing pills or cutting the wrist hoping someone will notice and help them.
If I really wanted to kill myself I wouldnt be grateful to survive
>>
File: 006.jpg (119KB, 839x835px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
119KB, 839x835px
You're statistically likely to regret it immediately so probably unless I really craved death.
>>
>>38189828
Source?

I've always thought people use shit methods because 1. Knowing how to kill yourself isn't innate and 2. Suicide attempts are made in times of extreme stress and often very rushed, meaning there is no time to boot up excel and weigh up the pros and cons of different methods
>>
i survived an attempt 3 weeks ago and now im too depressed to even put the effort into trying again

i would give someone everything i own if they would just come kill me. i hate this.
>>
>>38189943
just move to a latin american shithole with lots of gang violence
>>
File: 1499295512524.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
1499295512524.gif
2MB, 696x478px
>>38189572

I'd be even more depressed that even when it comes to killing myself I fail.
>>
>>38189572
If i do it for attention as a cry for help as they would put it. Then yes.
If i am sure about what im doing, which i should be considering the consequences then no. Definetly not.
>>
>>38189943
Just give everything you own to the pawn shop and im sure you could afford a modest firearm or means of suicide.
>>
>>38189880
Not the guy you're asking for source but he is spot on. I've done quite a bit of research on the matter and here are three simple (as far as i'm concerned) reliable sources

https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-statistics

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/suicide/index.shtml
>>
>>38190261
So if you're so informed what is your methode of choice?
>>
>>38189943
>>38189943
>>38190230

>Order fentanyl online
>sniff it and rubb it inside your gums
>benefit????
>>
>>38190261
I don't really see anything in any of those backing up what he said.
>>
File: IMG_1656.jpg (53KB, 600x600px)
IMG_1656.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
>>38189572
I'm grateful that I survived. I swallowed a bunch of pills. Right after I did it, I started to regret a little it but I still wanted to die so I went to the kitchen, grabbed pic related and started drinking it out of the bottle. Maybe I was so caught up in my emotions that I forgot I was a lightweight or maybe I subconsciously went straight to the alcohol because I knew what would happen, but with half an hour, I was throwing everything back up. I saw a lot of pills in my vomit.

I went to sleep and decided that if I woke up in the morning, then suicide just wasn't for me.
>>
>>38190295
shotgun to the chest, I have one in the room next to me but I would never kill myself on purpose, i'm tired of living but scared of dying
>>
>>38189572
I wouldn't survive a suicide attempt. If I really wanted to end my life, I'd choose a method with 100% certainty.
>>
>>38190348
You're right to an extent, my sources do not say it is a cry for help but I believe one of them shows how women attempt suicide more but use less lethal methods than men so men are more successful with suicide. Here is a better source that explains how "More males die by suicide than females (4.2 times more males than females), but more females attempt suicide than males." http://www.emorycaresforyou.emory.edu/resources/suicidestatistics.html
In addition here is an article I quickly found that presents a hypothesis as to why men are more successful stating at one point, "Women who attempt suicide tend to use nonviolent means, such as overdosing. Men often use firearms or hanging, which are more likely to result in death."
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jan/21/suicide-gender-men-women-mental-health-nick-clegg
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.