[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have trouble talking to people irl >started joining discords

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1481606938200.jpg (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481606938200.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
>have trouble talking to people irl
>started joining discords to make online friends
>every one of them is just a bunch of betas orbiting alleged roasties
>only no roastie no normie room I came across died quick
>would make my own but not sure if anyone would join
Why is discord shilled so heavily around here if there's no good robot rooms?
>>
only discords ive stayed in were once that never got popular enough to have more than 10 people so everyone ended up becoming friends and the chat never moves fast enough for people to be left out.

i dont think its possible to have a robot discord with any sizeable population because then the strongest, normiest personalities stand out the most and end up dominating conversations and forming cliques.

the roastie orbiting is actually hilarious because more than half the time the girl has a dick and the guys either don't know or are too desperate to care
>>
Can someone explain what's the deal with posters who koin a fuckton of discords and don't say a single word? I've noticed people like this on /r9k/, they join every fucking place but never say shit. Are they archiving bots or something?

Also, OP, I'm always down for joining new places as long as you're gonna clamp down on shitposting and beta orbiting
>>
>>38188751
a lot of it probably is bots. but i join almost every discord i see while rarely talking in any of them because my personality is super aloof and shy and it's hard for me to get along with anyone, so basically i'm "throwing them at the wall until one sticks" in an effort to find a place where i'm comfortable enough with the particular crowd they've got to open up.
>>
>>38188751
People like that have always existed, there were a bunch on IRC back in the day. I'll never understand what drives them, they don't even read through the channels most of the time.
>>
>>38188751
some people are just lurkers, they're just there to watch for fun
>>
So, OP, you making a discord, or?
>>
>>38188953
Sure I can set one up since there's a few interested
>>
waiting for that oregano
>>
Post it already! I'm still waiting
>>
discord gg/y7guWfK

here we go
>>
OP fagged out of the thread it seems.
>>
if you get a roast, you're toast
>>
>>38189313
you have awful timing and you should fee embarassed
>>
Discords are a horrible place to make friends. It's always a circlejerk.
>>
>>38188751
I join and rarely participate because I rarely feel like it, but I like to have the option. A lot of them probably join hoping they'll summon the nerve to participate, and hang around continuing to hope that they will.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.