[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANY ROBOTS YOUNGER THAN 25 SHOULD WATCH THIS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: naruto.png (513KB, 500x768px) Image search: [Google]
naruto.png
513KB, 500x768px
Melonhead (Anthony Fantano) lays it down and explains how to get yourself out of the negative thought processes that so much of /r9k/ seems to fall into.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXWwa5FtUp4
pic unrelated
>>
Self bumperino. I feel like some of you could benefit from this
>>
I'll watch this later
Sad an uplifting thread is on page 7 w no replies
>>
>>38182510
Thank you for the bump. Not everyone wants to get better, but I imagine there are those who want better. You can always think the same robot thoughts you've always had but to effect change you need to believe in yourself.
>>
>>38182586
Yeah mane
I'm 18 so I feel like I have time(far under 25)
But I'm already trying pretty well the school
What more can I do with myself to improve (I been working out too)
>>
>>38182648
Working out is the best start. I was moving in a positive direction until freshman year of college when my best friend had a bipolar episode and it destroyed me when he was committed. I became self conscious and unsure of my place in society. I thought looping negative thoughts and stopped eating. I just wanted life to end, not even necessarily by suicide. I waited every day to be struck down. I can't exactly tell you how I got better, but somehow I decided that people aren't as scary as they seemed and resolved to get out and form working relations and strengthen current friendships. A lot of the times I feel that the stuff I say is cringy in retrospect, but it's better to try to express yourself to others than be the quiet one who is often forgotten. What are you dealing with?
>>
>>38182746
I've felt v low down since my mom died almost a year ago(been close to 11 months now holy fuck time flew)
And just me being insecure in general and caring about how other people see me
>>
I'm not at rock bottom yet anon, give me a couple months sheesh.
>>
>>38182786
That's rough. I never have had to deal with losing my parents who are happily married, so I'm very "privileged" in that aspect. Posture is important. Enunciation is important. If people think you are confident and know what you're talking about then your perspective is weighted heavier than those who slouch and murmur. Try not to talk about yourself unless asked. Everyone loved my grandfather even though he didn't have really any close friends because he would always listen intently to people and make sure they knew they had his attention. Even though I never met him, I find that his strategy works. If you aren't the silent type, start reading so you have random topics to talk about. Even knowing fun facts helps because it can get conversations moving.
>>
>>38182786
OP again, have you had proper closure with the death of your mother?
>>
>>38182947
You see, it happened before school reopened so I never really felt like I had time to acknowledge it to bring myself to acceptance. But it feels like there isn't much to it cause sometimes I say "well, she gone o well."
And sometimes it hits me like "HOLY FUCK, she really isn't here".
But I did talk to it with a lot of people in school(everybody found out the day it happened cause its a small country I live in) so I got to express how I feel and a close friend of mine was especially supportive for me.
So I guess I think im in the right place at this point
>>
>>38182924
Ayy this is some good advice. Yeah I listen and observe what people say rather than bring up myself/ask about them.
Everybody in school loves me tb h but I have a few close friends
>>
>>38183067
Time makes things better. Keep working out and make sure to keep your body, mind, and spirit balanced. Grow academically. Find some sort of philosophy to study; it doesn't even have to be a religion.
>>
>>38182087
My life is just so dull. I feel fine rn but I just keep thinking about taking the shotgun in my closet and blowing my brains out. Even if I don't have a desire to do that today, I just know some day in the future I'll just say fuck it and do it.
>>
>>38183242
Inactivity is death. Find something to do other than sit around. Go running. Anything.
>>
File: Consider Suicide.jpg (93KB, 1300x861px) Image search: [Google]
Consider Suicide.jpg
93KB, 1300x861px
>>38182087
I don't have depression or low self esteem, but when all future options are objectively evaluated, suicide is always the most logical. Luckily I'm not a machine driven completely by logic, but the same human tendencies that allow me to forego pursuing the most logical course of action also bring me back to reevaluating my options repeatedly, despite always arriving at the same conclusion. What I really need is a new method of quantification that will allow me to evaluate my options in a way that will provide me with an answer on what to do in life, other than just not kill myself. While such a method will be admittedly imperfect and the answer will be incorrect when evaluated from a logical point of view, it will still provide me something worth doing with my time. Too bad I have yet to discover such a method, neither created from my own thoughts nor in the works of past scholars or philosophers. Hell, I'd even accept an answer from my peers if they weren't always so shitty. So OP, do you have such a method, seeing as you're so keen on helping others out?
>>
>>38183152
At thanks senpai !!
I will
What's some philosophy I can get into
>>
>>38183354
I'm not good at recommending philosophy. I became disillusioned with Christianity and started to read about European Paganism. Even though I don't literally believe in the gods, the folk stories give good life lessons. If you're not white, then just find your own people's culture. If that turns you off, then try Marcus Aurelius.
>>
File: 2834017-ubermensch.jpg (96KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
2834017-ubermensch.jpg
96KB, 385x500px
>>38183354
It's a total fucking meme at this point (or at least it was, haven't seen him memed in quite a while), but judging from your posts, I'd say you'd relate to and benefit from reading some Nietzsche. Become an Ubermensch, anon.
>>
>>38182087
>memetano
>>
>>38183317
I constantly feel claustrophobic in my own body and nothing feels good or satisfying and the only time I don't feel that way is when I'm sleeping or drunk.
>>
>>38183563
Try meditation. Other than that, idk how to help you.
>>
>>38183432
Checking all the boxes, huh? Geez...
>>
>>38183718
Thank you for the bump good sir (:
>>
Thanks for this video. I was already at breaking point trying to push in a positive direction and this is helping. The thing that hurts the most is I feel like I've wasted so much life NOT turning it around. I've been out of college 2 years and still haven't got a single job, I pretty much gave up.
I've realized my issues stem from my older brother, who since I was born always put me down. He practically raised me to have no self-esteem. Even though I know this I still struggle because it's such a part of me.
>>
good shit anon, this board needs more posts like this. theres no point in just fucking circlejerking about how much you suck, instead go improve.
>>
>>38182087
I only read the title and looked at the picture, but thanks, OP. BRB, going to watch Naruto now.
>>
>>38183821
>>38183938
Could you bump the thread while I sleep? I'm glad it's been able to reach people.
>>
bumpito, gonna watch that vid tmrw
>>
>>38182087
you ever notice how males are progressively going more and more insane in modern america?
>>
>>38183505
you can't become an ubermensch it's a fucking meme
>>
>>38184609
No shit. The point is to try. Always strive to be greater than you were yesterday.
>>
>>38182087
BUMPO dump flumpo 123454329
>>
File: 1499219425067.jpg (50KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1499219425067.jpg
50KB, 380x380px
>>38182087
The more I listen the more I give up on myself.
>>
bump bump good thread
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.